Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After

What a weird thing to hang your hat on. 1. No OL is ever completely healthy, its football. 2. You shouldn't need an entirely healthy starting line to succeed. Sure it helps, but that is one of the complaints about Tannehill is he needs all the pieces around him to be 100% for him to be 100%.

LMAO. Do you even watch this team at all? Tannehill was 11-4 in 15-16 when Pouncey, Albert, and James played making up a line that still never ranked above 25th with them in it. The issue is and has been the lack of depth behind the O-Line with people like Turner and Thomas and a list of other jokes that have got A LOT of playing time since 2012. No other team approaches the OL issues this team has had since 2012. The people that try to compare out OL situation to that of Russell Wilson's make me laugh because it is apples to oranges. Tannehill has consistently received pressure from the middle and both sides a lot of his career, especially due to injury and lack of depth on the OL. Wilson is getting pressure from 1 spot and usually always has a place to escape to.....his entire pocket is not collapsing like ours has. The OL has been BY FAR the BIGESST issue on this team for a long time. This year, it has been the same thing with just a lot more injuries to other positions. This year has been insane!

They had an 11-5 record with their backup QB
the same record we had that season...but they didn't
win the AFC east as you said

New England closed with four straight wins, and continued to show resilience despite having 14 players on injured reserve, including quarterback Tom Brady.

For some reason people like to see Brady as a god. Yet, when NE loses, it's not Brady's fault, Gronk was out (like a couple of years ago Miami beat them). Or Edleman was out. I think there was a year NE lost 5-6 of their last 8 due, partly, to OL injuries. But there are still those who think a 'good' QB can 'carry is team.' That said, I agree, while Brady was an elite QB, I attribute 2/3s of their success to BB

LMAO. Do you even watch this team at all? Tannehill was 11-4 in 15-16 when Pouncey, Albert, and James played making up a line that still never ranked above 25th with them in it. The issue is and has been the lack of depth behind the O-Line with people like Turner and Thomas and a list of other jokes that have got A LOT of playing time since 2012. No other team approaches the OL issues this team has had since 2012. The people that try to compare out OL situation to that of Russell Wilson's make me laugh because it is apples to oranges. Tannehill has consistently received pressure from the middle and both sides a lot of his career, especially due to injury and lack of depth on the OL. Wilson is getting pressure from 1 spot and usually always has a place to escape to.....his entire pocket is not collapsing like ours has. The OL has been BY FAR the BIGESST issue on this team for a long time. This year, it has been the same thing with just a lot more injuries to other positions. This year has been insane!

Im curious what exceptional record you are referring to also. He literally has one year with a winning record. Is that the exceptional number you are referring to? 10-6?

Last edited:
I think there was a year NE lost 5-6 of their last 8 due, partly, to OL injuries.

New England has never (at least in the past 17 years under Brady)
gone worse than 4-4 in the last 8 games of a season(2015 and 2009)

They've gone a remarkable 110-26 in the last 8 games of the last 17 seasons
No matter how much you hate Brady or Bill what they've acheived
is absolutely amazing

Im curious what exceptional record you are referring to also. He literally has one year with a winning record. Is that the exceptional number you are referring to? 10-6?
He was 11-4 in 15 and 16 when Pouncey, James, and Albert played. He also played well enough in 2014 to make the playoffs behind a horrible line, but it was the D that gave up late drives to the Lions, Packers, and Broncos that kept us out. Is he an all pro....no....but he is a very capable QB if you give him any resemblance of protection. There is not a QB in the league that would have been successful behind the lines he has played behind when they were injured.

He was 11-4 in 15 and 16 when Pouncey, James, and Albert played. He also played well enough in 2014 to make the playoffs behind a horrible line, but it was the D that gave up late drives to the Lions, Packers, and Broncos that kept us out. Is he an all pro....no....but he is a very capable QB if you give him any resemblance of protection. There is not a QB in the league that would have been successful behind the lines he has played behind when they were injured.
dt_131216_cherry_picking_fruit_250x188.jpg

I also couldn’t help but notice that he failed to mention the last 2 games of the 2013 season. You know, the ones against the Bills and the Jets— real world beaters there— when the Dolphins only needed to win one of them to get into the playoffs. How did Tannehill do then?

And I shot a 62 (if I take the best score on each hole from every round I played).

11-4, that's awesome did we win the division and/or get a bye that year?

Ya'll act like the QB position is the only one that matters SMDH. No QB in this league would have won behind the lines he has had when the injuries hit. Not Brady, Not Rodgers, not anyone!

Behind that OL and with Miami's coaches

I also couldn’t help but notice that he failed to mention the last 2 games of the 2013 season. You know, the ones against the Bills and the Jets— real world beaters there— when the Dolphins only needed to win one of them to get into the playoffs. How did Tannehill do then?

he did the Tanny choke.

but is it 3 days now throwing without pain? its almost a miracle of Fatima like proportions that we are witnessing!

remember people, its not what T can do for us, what we can do for St Tanny.

The team didn't choke, only our second year quarterback choked.

Got it.

he chocked, both games. had he not chocked we would have been in the playoffs-lost 30-3 but at least St Tanny would have been to a playoff game.

Back
Top Bottom