Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After

I would put more stock in the 11-7 record Gase - Tannehill compiled if it had more quality opponents.

6 of the 11 wins was against division bottom dwellers. When facing anybody but bottom dwellers that record goes to 5-7
Seems like we only beat the really crappy teams.

I would put more stock in the 11-7 record Gase - Tannehill compiled if it had more quality opponents.

6 of the 11 wins was against division bottom dwellers. When facing anybody but bottom dwellers that record goes to 5-7
Seems like we only beat the really crappy teams.

That’s because we’re a really crappy team with a solid HC who can somehow get wins when he’s not fielding the best team.

I don't agree with that. Cleveland, Jets, 49ers and Chargers didn't have better rosters than us is 2016.
Jets and Raiders certainly aren't better than us this year.

These are all games you must and should win. No feather in cap for doing what you are supposed to do.

LMAO, and those numbers say that Tannehill has an EXCEPTIONAL winning record when the OL is healthy, which is a FACT!

What a weird thing to hang your hat on. 1. No OL is ever completely healthy, its football. 2. You shouldn't need an entirely healthy starting line to succeed. Sure it helps, but that is one of the complaints about Tannehill is he needs all the pieces around him to be 100% for him to be 100%.

I don't agree with that. Cleveland, Jets, 49ers and Chargers didn't have better rosters than us is 2016.
Jets and Raiders certainly aren't better than us this year.

These are all games you must and should win. No feather in cap for doing what you are supposed to do.

Someone said elsewhere . . . Miami used to lose games to inferior or equal teams. That's some progress.

What a weird thing to hang your hat on. 1. No OL is ever completely healthy, its football. 2. You shouldn't need an entirely healthy starting line to succeed. Sure it helps, but that is one of the complaints about Tannehill is he needs all the pieces around him to be 100% for him to be 100%.
I do think health matters. I also think the problem with our lines is not primarily health but toughness. And you can train that. Look at Pouncey. He sucked donkey balls when he was here, was always injured and when he played you didn’t want to watch it. Now that he’s in LA, he’s practicing and playing. And very well at that. Coincidence? I think not. He was trained to be tough this off season. And with toughness comes health.

In 10 games this year we have had 80 roster spots unavailable due to injury (63 IR and 17 out)

The 2010 Packers had 236 roster spots unavailable in 20 games. (174 IR, 35 out, 27 PUP)
The won the Super Bowl that year. Lost key starters across the board. Running back, TE, LB, etc.
There were no excuses. Just next man up.
Didnt realize the 2010 Packers played most of that season with their backup QB...

In 2016 we faced 4 playoff teams and went 1-3 in those games.
In 2017 we faced 8 playoff teams and went 2-6 in those games.

Seems like we have about a 25% chance when we face a playoff team.

Didnt realize the 2010 Packers played most of that season with their backup QB...

Seriously, You can't be comparing losing Ryan to Aaron? 4-1 TD to turnover ratio compared to a little over 1-1. That isn't apples to apples.

Yes they didn't loose their QB, but they were missing 4 more roster spots per game and still didn't make excuses.

In 2016 we faced 4 playoff teams and went 1-3 in those games.
In 2017 we faced 8 playoff teams and went 2-6 in those games.

Seems like we have about a 25% chance when we face a playoff team.
Do you really believe the Fins had a playoff roster?

Seriously, You can't be comparing losing Ryan to Aaron? 4-1 TD to turnover ratio compared to a little over 1-1. That isn't apples to apples.

Yes they didn't loose their QB, but they were missing 4 more roster spots per game and still didn't make excuses.
Whats the overall record for teams playing without their starting QB, whoever that is...

Whats the overall record for teams playing without their starting QB, whoever that is...

Clearly, there's no real answer. If it's a team similar to the Pats with BB, the record is pretty good. With a top 5 HC, pretty good. If it's anyone else, I'd say not good. OTOH, a team with a top 3 D and an average coach should do pretty well. Lumping all those together as if it proves something is ignoring reality.

Last time brady was out with injury the pats didnt win the afc east......And it was only brady.

So much for belicheat.

They had an 11-5 record with their backup QB
the same record we had that season...but they didn't
win the AFC east as you said

New England closed with four straight wins, and continued to show resilience despite having 14 players on injured reserve, including quarterback Tom Brady.

Back
Top Bottom