Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase/ Reporters Comments Etc - The Monday After

I'll criticize if I feel he deserves it. He was in charge of building this roster, yeah he's lost a handful of starters but it's not like we lost all pros or pro bowlers. Sitton, Hayes and Wilson stung but these are positions that a lot teams lose to IR, next man up. Parker was a wuss going into the season Gase knew this. As to Tannehill, again that's on Gase for dragging in his former corpses to be the #2 again.

This schedule is a lot easier than anticipated, sure we got 5 wins but with better coaching and play calling we may have a couple more. I'll give Gase a C so far, seems fair. There's plenty of winnable games so he has a chance to bring that grade up but he hasn't fooled me so far.

Is C enough to keep him employed beyond 2018 ?

With all those on your wish list for Santa Claus, you just asked to start winning in 2023

You should of started by saying I need a new magic wand.
Yes, I probably should have asked for that and the winning numbers for the next Powerball as well. I just hope I live long enough to see my beloved Dolphins be relevant again.

Is C enough to keep him employed beyond 2018 ?
That seems to be the acceptable norm for Ross, probably so. If I were running the team I would let the season play out and took a real long hard look at HC upgrades as well as the front office. This is why I think it's crucial for a Tannehill return. Give them 6 games to save their asses, win 3 or 4, if not syonara bitches.

That seems to be the acceptable norm for Ross, probably so. If I were running the team I would let the season play out and took a real long hard look at HC upgrades as well as the front office. This is why I think it's crucial for a Tannehill return. Give them 6 games to save their asses, win 3 or 4, if not syonara bitches.

I'm not sure Tannehill is the difference between us winning 3 or 4 games and not, but I get your general point here. If we end up with a losing record again this season, changes simply have to be made, the easiest for Ross may be the HC, since he's totally in bed with Tannebaum and this organisation has consistently made excuses for the QB so why stop now ? At least one of those three key components must be removed following another losing season you would have thought, the correct answer may well be all three.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, care to elaborate ?

Definition of straw man
1: a weak or imaginary opposition (such as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted

You set up a strawmen argument that Tannehill supporters expect/expected him to become a superstar in the future and then dismiss it. I've been on the forum since Tannehill was drafted and practically no supporter claims that he is a superstar in the making. In general, I would argue that his supporters assert that he is a good NFL QB, with some exceptional skills, who has already demonstrated that he can do his job well enough, when healthy, for the Dolphins to be playoff contenders. He has the work ethic and attitude to improve his weaker spots (and I'd argue track record of improvement for those weaker areas). As with practically all QBs, he can't carry a sub par team over the long haul.

I can believe that getting Tannehill back healthy this year gives us a shot at the playoffs without thinking he is a future superstar. I can even think that if he is healthy, that he should be our QB next year without thinking he is a future superstar. I can understand and discuss disagreements with either of those statements. When you say that the disagreement is, and has been, his future superstar potential...not playing that game. And, in case you're wondering, I can even believe the first two statements here and think that we need to be exploring other options (better than Osweiler) next year for competition or to fill in if he goes down again.

I'm not sure Tannehill is the difference between us winning 3 or 4 games and not, but I get your general point here. If we end up with a losing record again this season, changes simply have to be made, the easiest for Ross may be the HC, since he's totally in bed with Tannebaum and this organisation has consistently made excuses for the QB so why stop now ? At least one of those three key components must be removed following another losing season you would have thought, the correct answer may well be all three.
I think there is enough meat on the bone with roster to win 3 or 4 games with this schedule. I don't believe Tannehill is the difference nor Gase but they are tied at the hip as far as I'm concerned. I'll be rooting for them but don't put much stock into their success.

My preference would be to clean house, top to bottom. I keep hearing about how good our drafts have been. IMO, any schlep cold have selected Tunsil and Fitzpatrick, it's not like those were genius decisions, more like obvious. I've seen enough bad contracts and horrible draft picks by this team, they just don't outweigh the very, very few good decisions.

'If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck then it must be a.....

WHOAH, WHOAH, WHOAH, nobody EVER said he's elite!!!!!!'

Definition of straw man
1: a weak or imaginary opposition (such as an argument or adversary) set up only to be easily confuted

You set up a strawmen argument that Tannehill supporters expect/expected him to become a superstar in the future and then dismiss it. I've been on the forum since Tannehill was drafted and practically no supporter claims that he is a superstar in the making. In general, I would argue that his supporters assert that he is a good NFL QB, with some exceptional skills, who has already demonstrated that he can do his job well enough, when healthy, for the Dolphins to be playoff contenders. He has the work ethic and attitude to improve his weaker spots (and I'd argue track record of improvement for those weaker areas). As with practically all QBs, he can't carry a sub par team over the long haul.

I can believe that getting Tannehill back healthy this year gives us a shot at the playoffs without thinking he is a future superstar. I can even think that if he is healthy, that he should be our QB next year without thinking he is a future superstar. I can understand and discuss disagreements with either of those statements. When you say that the disagreement is, and has been, his future superstar potential...not playing that game. And, in case you're wondering, I can even believe the first two statements here and think that we need to be exploring other options (better than Osweiler) next year for competition or to fill in if he goes down again.

So basically you had a problem with my use of the word "Superstar" ? Why the hell didn't you just say that instead of trying to be a smartass or some internet hard man ?
OK change it out with "great", "good" or whatever that wasn't the crux of the point I made. If you believe it is your reading comprehension needs a lot of work.

Honestly there is an ignore feature on this forum, I've only started using it this weekend and oh my god it's made things so much more pleasant for me, since you obviously have some kind of issue with me, even though I don't recall a single contribution you've made, I encourage you to use it and you won't need to act like the hard man you think you are.

So basically you had a problem with my use of the word "Superstar" ? Why the hell didn't you just say that instead of trying to be a smartass or some internet hard man ?
OK change it out with "great", "good" or whatever that wasn't the crux of the point I made. If you believe it is your reading comprehension needs a lot of work.

Honestly there is an ignore feature on this forum, I've only started using it this weekend and oh my god it's made things so much more pleasant for me, since you obviously have some kind of issue with me, even though I don't recall a single contribution you've made, I encourage you to use it and you won't need to act like the hard man you think you are.

Think you took my response a little more personally than intended. If you dont see a difference between a super star and a good QB, so be it. I feel good about my reading comprehension so I think we can carry on

I think there is enough meat on the bone with roster to win 3 or 4 games with this schedule. I don't believe Tannehill is the difference nor Gase but they are tied at the hip as far as I'm concerned. I'll be rooting for them but don't put much stock into their success.

My preference would be to clean house, top to bottom. I keep hearing about how good our drafts have been. IMO, any schlep cold have selected Tunsil and Fitzpatrick, it's not like those were genius decisions, more like obvious. I've seen enough bad contracts and horrible draft picks by this team, they just don't outweigh the very, very few good decisions.

I totally agree there is enough on the roster to get us a winning record when you look at a schedule that still includes the Bills twice, JAX, Indy and a home game against the Pats (which we've often done better in than most would predict). The problem though is the injuries are at positions Tannehill absolutely needs to be a success. He needs a healthy line, playing at it's absolute best, he needs weapons on offense (like all QBs do) to throw it to. The offense at this point is broke beyond fixing in my view, it would take a good to elite level of QB (I'm talking about Rivers, Big Ben, Newton, Wilson range) to get anything out this group with the HC offensive game plan, Tannehill is not at that level, wasn't right before the injury and hasn't been through pretty much all of his career.

Honestly if Tannehill came back and played the last few games of the season and stunk, I would hold zero stock in that, I would still judge him by what he's done in the past. Now if he was able to get a tune out of this offense, a one that was clearly all down to his return, then I agree with you, we need to consider giving him another year. In many respects his return is a no lose situation for him, no one is expecting anything, already in built excuses, any win is going to be magnified.

Think you took my response a little more personally than intended. If you dont see a difference between a super star and a good QB, so be it. I feel good about my reading comprehension so I think we can carry on

And you still didn't get the point of my post, I give up on you man. It wasn't even complex.

And you still didn't get the point of my post, I give up on you man. It wasn't even complex.

I did and I fully addressed it when I replied...you feel that the fact that there is discussion that Tannehill is X (superstar, good whatever term applies but you used superstar) at this point in his career, and throughout his career, means he's not good enough to continue to try to get more out of him. We should move on. In my response, I noted that his supporters feel that, when healthy, he's shown he can do well enough to help us win. I expanded on it some more.

Thanks for the discussion. Have a good day

Back
Top Bottom