Gase Was Going To Fire Burke & Move On From Tannehill But Ross Didn't Want To Win? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Was Going To Fire Burke & Move On From Tannehill But Ross Didn't Want To Win?

Nothing in there about Gase giving up OC. IMO, THAT'S what got him fired
Maybe.

I think it was probably people like Marino getting in Ross's ear and saying "look, we've been average forever, and we will continue to be average unless we throw it all away and start from scratch." Ross new Gase would never agree to the whole firesale approach, either due to pride or fear of reputation. So, Ross decided, for the good of the franchise, to let Gase go and begin the process of tearing it down.

That's just my hunch anyways.

Gase showed us all he didn't give a **** about being our coach anymore. That's why he's gone. 2017 doesn't count. He had one bad year and got canned because he couldn't remain professional.

Good luck in AZ or NYJ.

Fact is Gase sucked at the two things he was supposed to be a guru about—his offense and his qb whispering. No on this board can tell me he succeeded in either. Not only that his playcalling and feel for game situations was abysmal. From a leadership perspective don’t even get me started. Not going to get into my background or field of study but leave it to say that it has to do with leadership. Adam Gase’s leadership style is about the worst you could choose to run an NFL franchise. He never ran the organization as a CEO and was disengaged from the defense. He was just a glorified coordinator, which is why I don’t want to hire anyone who hasn’t been a head coach before. You rarely gain those skills through osmosis

So which is it? Players hated Gase and wanted trades if he was to stay or as this article states players loved him and wanted him to stay?

Or just a power struggle between a arrogant coach and an arrogant owner?

WTF? Who acts like this with their boss? Be a professional.

On a side note, I really hate Salguero's writing style. He writes like an entitled douche in a livejournal blog...

For example:

Agree with all of that.

I think that bodes well with the rumor that we're looking for a coach with maturity both on and off the field.

If he wanted to keep his job maybe he shouldn’t have acted like a petulant child when things weren’t going well and the owner wanted to talk. Maybe the boy genius should spend less time drawing up bubble screens and more time learning what it means to be a head coach.

Ah, we have reached the stage of a Dolphins firing / cut / trade where both parties start screaming to the Herald about how it was all the other side's fault.

I think it was probably 1/2 Gase and 1/2 Ross/Front Office.

Seems odd...if gase had the same plan as Grier now does, why wouldn't Ross just ask Gase to give up personnel control to make sure he wasnt signing/cutting guys for the short term? Sounds like that was Ross's concern that Gase still wanted aging vets, etc.

The man who stuck with Tannehill, and signed Cutler wanted an opportunity to draft a QB.

Blank+_5c951f5d4bd914810ee4f11f3f68b4ff.jpg

Both he and Ross understood and agreed that if Gase remained, he would continue to try to win. Now.

That’s how it is for a fourth-year coach. You must win or you’re fired because fans aren’t going to be patient.

Gase had already planned to fire defensive coordinator Matt Burke and had a plan for replacing him. He also had decided that he would move on from quarterback Ryan Tannehill and sign a bridge quarterback and probably draft a rookie for the future — assuming he could identify the right draft pick.

And that’s a solid plan for a team trying to win.

But the Dolphins are going in an opposite direction now because that’s what Ross has been convinced is best.

So Gase no longer made sense for the Dolphins. And the Dolphins no longer made sense for Gase.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article223850050.html#storylink=cpy

should've fired burke 8 weeks ago

should've fired burke 8 weeks ago

If i were coach, I would never even promoted burke to DC. Its my job on the line. I would have went after schwartz. He was available after Joseph left. He deserves to be fired just for that promotion. I would have fired him and every coach the day after Burke was promoted. tells me Gase doesnt care about winning or is just stupid to think any joe schmo can run a defense in the NFL.

So Quenton Nelson could've fallen in Miami's lap and they'd pass?

That type of thinking had to be exterminated at any cost. Like I said, trust your instincts Mr. Ross.

Any coach that doesn't think talent fits his system cannot be trusted.

If the guy's a freakishly good player but isn't a good fit for your scheme... maybe it's time to adjust the scheme?

Back
Top Bottom