Gase Was Going To Fire Burke & Move On From Tannehill But Ross Didn't Want To Win? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Was Going To Fire Burke & Move On From Tannehill But Ross Didn't Want To Win?

Go incognito with your browser.

Ha! At first I thought when you said go Incognito with your browser I thought you were encouraging him to get the base ball bat and go nuts. I was like, oh ****! This is going to be good! Then I read his statement. I'm a little disappointed, but it's probably best he didn't. ;)

Interesting timing. Brass is having their presser downstairs while the boys are upstairs thanking coach.

I don’t understand this narrative about Gase wanted to win now. The best course for the organization is to clear out and rebuild. Ross hinted at it when he said 3-13, 2-3 years.
So why does Gase get essentially a pass- he’s fired- and he’s paid and gets to look for another job. There’s something about it that stinks. Yeah hey gase it’s a rebuild partially bc you picked the WRONG QB.
But Gase you want to win now? HOW?
There’s only 1 way to do it right bud.

Gase can’t coach his way out of a paper bag. Armando Salguero and Jeff Darlington basically serve as Gase’s agents so remember that a lot of what they write and say is backed by an agenda.
Gase agent is a master. Media his puppets.

"Gase had already planned to fire defensive coordinator Matt Burke and had a plan for replacing him. He also had decided that he would move on from quarterback Ryan Tannehill and sign a bridge quarterback and probably draft a rookie for the future — assuming he could identify the right draft pick."

In Gase's defense, he did appear to identify Baker Mayfield.

If you believe the article, Gase wasn't going to work here because he didn't have humility. It's possible this humbling experience leads to a good HC for another team.
So did I so I'm not really impressed. I also like Lamar Jackson and my college scouting is limited to say the least. Gase did not do one thing that impressed me, not one thing

If the guy's a freakishly good player but isn't a good fit for your scheme... maybe it's time to adjust the scheme?

I talked about that a long time ago - about how Gase seemed to ignore and not value the interior offensive line positions despite those positions wrecking his seasons every year.

No wonder he spent so much time over there on the bench planning the next series while the defense was on the field. It doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out.

If i were coach, I would never even promoted burke to DC. Its my job on the line. I would have went after schwartz. He was available after Joseph left. He deserves to be fired just for that promotion. I would have fired him and every coach the day after Burke was promoted. tells me Gase doesnt care about winning or is just stupid to think any joe schmo can run a defense in the NFL.

totally agree.. would've loved schwartz

Gase should have made the move to get a qb after the 2016 season. It was clear that the team wasn’t winning because of Tannehill.

WTF? Who acts like this with their boss? Be a professional.

I'm going to express my skepticism about all of this stuff, but if that is true, it makes me think of the internet's running joke about Adam Gase having Asperger's.

Guy is probably on the spectrum, in my opinion. Would explain a lot of the things that happened here.

Gase is gone and we're moving on. That is that. The problem is moving on with Grier still here but as much as I wanted him gone I'll be rooting for him to do well. Time will tell.

I'm going to express my skepticism about all of this stuff, but if that is true, it makes me think of the internet's running joke about Adam Gase having Asperger's.

Guy is probably on the spectrum, in my opinion. Would explain a lot of the things that happened here.

Like I told you in chat Gase head movement, tugging at his collar, lack of eye contact, etc.... It fits.

Oh well Mando will fixate on Ross now. Gase is a good OC when everything is perfect, not suited for building a team. I was annoyed since day one by his use of the word expecially.

Back
Top Bottom