Gase Was Going To Fire Burke & Move On From Tannehill But Ross Didn't Want To Win? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Was Going To Fire Burke & Move On From Tannehill But Ross Didn't Want To Win?

Ah, we have reached the stage of a Dolphins firing / cut / trade where both parties start screaming to the Herald about how it was all the other side's fault.

I think it was probably 1/2 Gase and 1/2 Ross/Front Office.

Agreed. A classic case of 3 sides to this story:
- Gase's side
- Boss/Front Office
- The Truth

So which is it? Players hated Gase and wanted trades if he was to stay or as this article states players loved him and wanted him to stay?

Or just a power struggle between a arrogant coach and an arrogant owner?
There were 53 guys. Some loved him and some hated him. The question is how the leaders in the locker room felt about him.

The Herald keeps telling me I'm out of stories for the month. No F'in way. I rarely click on the link. Any work around other than paying for it like I probably should?

Flush your cache, enable incognito mode and try the link again...

Gase would still be coaching and we'd likely be in the playoffs if he'd fired Burke at the bye.

Both he and Ross understood and agreed that if Gase remained, he would continue to try to win. Now.

That’s how it is for a fourth-year coach. You must win or you’re fired because fans aren’t going to be patient.

Gase had already planned to fire defensive coordinator Matt Burke and had a plan for replacing him. He also had decided that he would move on from quarterback Ryan Tannehill and sign a bridge quarterback and probably draft a rookie for the future — assuming he could identify the right draft pick.

And that’s a solid plan for a team trying to win.

But the Dolphins are going in an opposite direction now because that’s what Ross has been convinced is best.

So Gase no longer made sense for the Dolphins. And the Dolphins no longer made sense for Gase.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...-salguero/article223850050.html#storylink=cpy

Oy. what melodramatic BS.
Suddenly Guru coach got religion about Tanny and Burke ( not his anemic offense apparently) but was too late moving by one or two days.

No surprise all this comes out NOW. LOL

Ah, we have reached the stage of a Dolphins firing / cut / trade where both parties start screaming to the Herald about how it was all the other side's fault.

I think it was probably 1/2 Gase and 1/2 Ross/Front Office.

Always two sides to a story ..the truth is usually down the middle somewhere

It's all hindsight now but between the turmoil with players, stubbornness to admit his scheme had insufficiencies and adapt, and the unwillingness to maturely cooperate with the execs....I'm relieved to bring in a new HC. Even if I have to watch Gase succeed elsewhere.

Like I told you in chat Gase head movement, tugging at his collar, lack of eye contact, etc.... It fits.

I try not to be one of the people who fixate on the coach's body language, but I can't unsee it now.

Gase would still be coaching and we'd likely be in the playoffs if he'd fired Burke at the bye.
Which games are winning without Burke?

Our last 3 games - offensive scoring

That's 27 points of offense in 3 games. Our defense scored 14 in the last 3 games. I'm not sure how you make the playoffs in the final stretch with that output, no matter who was in charge of the defense.

The Herald keeps telling me I'm out of stories for the month. No F'in way. I rarely click on the link. Any work around other than paying for it like I probably should?
Sometimes there's a glitch … check your private messages.

Didn't read all the responses here but in short, there was no way Gase could remain here....not after blowing off Ross and, at one point according to the Armando story, YELLING at Ross over something that sent Gase off.

No F'ing way does this arrogant, egotistical douchebag deserve a job here after that. In fact, if I were Ross I would have fired him when he told me "not now!" after the Colts game when Ross wanted to speak to him . Dude's a moody, spoiled scumbag loser.....good riddance.

Chrome incognito mode

It's all hindsight now but between the turmoil with players, stubbornness to admit his scheme had insufficiencies and adapt, and the unwillingness to maturely cooperate with the execs....I'm relieved to bring in a new HC. Even if I have to watch Gase succeed elsewhere.

I mentioned at a couple points that my one misgiving with Gase is that what he was doing was eerily similar to what Chip Kelly did with the Eagles - basically insist that everything had to go his way, got rid of players he didn't like, and refused to learn from his mistakes. I didn't think Gase was enough of a stubborn A-hole to go down in flames like Kelly did.

I was wrong. That's exactly what he did.

Gase succeeding elsewhere as a HC is definitely NOT a given.

IMO the best possible direction for "that" to happen is he lands as an OC and 4-5 years

and down the road evolves a LOT -- reformulating is theory of being a HC.

Then he'd have a shot.

Maybe.

But he's way more hype than substance in current vintage.

Back
Top Bottom