Gase's Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Team

Feverdream

Club Member
Reaction score
Ajayi and Landry were two above average players who wouldn't do what the coaches asked them to do.

They are now gone.

This is how a coach leads his team into battle. Soldiers who won't perform their duties are replaced. The team may lose a temporary bit of strength, but it makes permanent gains in focus and teamwork.

Jarvis wasn't Randy Moss; he wasn't worth the breakdown in team chemistry. Jay was an above average back in a league where RBs fall to the mid rounds of the draft.

Why cry?

I was expecting an active off season, but damn, Gase is putting his mark on this team like it or not. We all might not like some of the moves he is making, but it's his team and he wants it done his way or you are history. He already has gotten rid of two of the fan favorites and I believe more is to come.

I wasn’t happy about the Ajayi trade but Drake is a more dynamic RB and fits Gase’s system better. The Landry trade was a must due to cap plus, **** payig a WR that much unless he is a Moss 2.0.

I’m nervous that TBum will sell everything to move up in the draft.

So two of our better players now have shown a disrespectful attitude towards our coach/coaches. Two looks like a trend, why don't we have coaches who get players in line? Where is the leadership? You go to the Patriots and they have leadership in the locker room, and with the coaches. Their top players shut up and play and buy into the Patriot way. Whats going on with the Dolphins that they lack leadership weather it be in locker room with the players or with coaches to put the younger players in their place and show them the way.

So two of our better players now have shown a disrespectful attitude towards our coach/coaches. Two looks like a trend, why don't we have coaches who get players in line? Where is the leadership? You go to the Patriots and they have leadership in the locker room, and with the coaches. Their top players shut up and play and buy into the Patriot way. Whats going on with the Dolphins that they lack leadership weather it be in locker room with the players or with coaches to put the younger players in their place.

I think you gotta win first. Set up the winning cultural and then it’s easier to coach those kind of players. They see the winning and they’ll trust the coach. Patriot way is proven, Miami way is well Miami doesn’t know their way.

So two of our better players now have shown a disrespectful attitude towards our coach/coaches. Two looks like a trend, why don't we have coaches who get players in line? Where is the leadership? You go to the Patriots and they have leadership in the locker room, and with the coaches. Their top players shut up and play and buy into the Patriot way. Whats going on with the Dolphins that they lack leadership weather it be in locker room with the players or with coaches to put the younger players in their place and show them the way.

And yet their starting Corner didn't play in the Super Bowl because of something. Apparently, even with the iron fist of the Patriot way, players occasionally make waves. It that players name isn't Brady, then that player sits and/or is gone.

Assuming all the reporting/rumors of the issues with both Landry and Ajayi were more or less true, Gase had two choices: get them onboard fast or get rid of them, otherwise he shows his throat and every player will see if and know it. From everything reported, the team tried. If the coach is ever going to control the locker room, they can't dawdle, they have to be decisive.

I think you gotta win first. Set up the winning cultural and then it’s easier to coach those kind of players. They see the winning and they’ll trust the coach. Patriot way is proven, Miami way is well Miami doesn’t know their way.

How do you win without discipline? Sure, winning hides a lot of flaws and makes it a lot easier for a player to think "maybe this guy knows what he's doing", but we haven't won in a long, long, long time, so you got to start somewhere.

I understand winning helps, but to not have veteran leadership to tell the youngsters, hey even when we suck alway be a professional and do as your told.

Like I can't imagine Ray Lewis on the Ravens even when they weren't at their best would allow the younger players to just go rogue and disregard the coach. Dan Marino on those less than stellar Dolphin teams would chew a mofo out for running the wrong route and put them in their place. Probably would freeze them out and they wouldn't see the ball again if they kept it up.

Two players drafted before Gase that don’t fit his system. I actually liked Ajayi more tha Landry. I feel Landry is very replaceable at a much lower cost and minus the diva.

As far as the Patriots, they have traded or dropped good players. Jamie Collins was a star lb that didn’t buy in was traded to the Browns. Randy Moss traded toward the end because of attitude. Those are just two but I’m sure there were more. They just win so it doesn’t matter.

Gase has a LOT to prove this year!

So the truth will be obvious real soon.

No more EXCUSES.

Get the job done. Or get out of town.

End of story. Where's the glory?

BNF

I understand winning helps, but to not have veteran leadership to tell the youngsters, hey even when we suck alway be a professional and do as your told.

Like I can't imagine Ray Lewis on the Ravens even when they weren't at their best would allow the younger players to just go rogue and disregard the coach. Dan Marino on those less than stellar Dolphin teams would chew a mofo out for running the wrong route and put them in their place. Probably would freeze them out and they wouldn't see the ball again if they kept it up.
Ray Lewis and Dan Marino. That’s the problem. Miami needs an elite player to be a leader. How many elite players does Miami have right now? (I’m actually asking) and how many if any of those elite players are a leader on and off the field?

Agreed. And more dead wood is going to be chopped. Suh is gone by next year and good riddance. Tannehill is on borrowed time. Reshad Jones should be looking for a real estate agent too. Change is underway and we coming for you. #17 you next homie, take your average awwe shucks stem cell azz out my town, you been served.

Back
Top Bottom