Gase's Team

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Feverdream, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Feverdream

Feverdream Active Member

Ajayi and Landry were two above average players who wouldn't do what the coaches asked them to do.

They are now gone.

This is how a coach leads his team into battle. Soldiers who won't perform their duties are replaced. The team may lose a temporary bit of strength, but it makes permanent gains in focus and teamwork.

Jarvis wasn't Randy Moss; he wasn't worth the breakdown in team chemistry. Jay was an above average back in a league where RBs fall to the mid rounds of the draft.

Why cry?

Ray R, gfish24, itsofficial and 16 others like this.
  2. ABA

ABA New Member

Bingo! I completely agree. I just hope they give him enough time to build his team.

itsofficial, 39wildman and Bufeo like this.
  3. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

I was expecting an active off season, but damn, Gase is putting his mark on this team like it or not. We all might not like some of the moves he is making, but it's his team and he wants it done his way or you are history. He already has gotten rid of two of the fan favorites and I believe more is to come.

4. Dolphins81

Dolphins81 Well-Known Member

I wasn’t happy about the Ajayi trade but Drake is a more dynamic RB and fits Gase’s system better. The Landry trade was a must due to cap plus, **** payig a WR that much unless he is a Moss 2.0.

I’m nervous that TBum will sell everything to move up in the draft.

gerblack likes this.
  5. Feverdream

Feverdream Active Member

Tannehill is a fine QB in the middle of his career. You don't move up in the draft to replace that, unless you are an idiot.

If the Phins do that, I will come around to the "management is stupid" option.

tay0365, Jch1322, Pandarilla and 4 others like this.
  6. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

So two of our better players now have shown a disrespectful attitude towards our coach/coaches. Two looks like a trend, why don't we have coaches who get players in line? Where is the leadership? You go to the Patriots and they have leadership in the locker room, and with the coaches. Their top players shut up and play and buy into the Patriot way. Whats going on with the Dolphins that they lack leadership weather it be in locker room with the players or with coaches to put the younger players in their place and show them the way.

7. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

I think you gotta win first. Set up the winning cultural and then it’s easier to coach those kind of players. They see the winning and they’ll trust the coach. Patriot way is proven, Miami way is well Miami doesn’t know their way.

8. fin415

fin415 Not a slot receiver Finheaven VIP

And yet their starting Corner didn't play in the Super Bowl because of something. Apparently, even with the iron fist of the Patriot way, players occasionally make waves. It that players name isn't Brady, then that player sits and/or is gone.

Assuming all the reporting/rumors of the issues with both Landry and Ajayi were more or less true, Gase had two choices: get them onboard fast or get rid of them, otherwise he shows his throat and every player will see if and know it. From everything reported, the team tried. If the coach is ever going to control the locker room, they can't dawdle, they have to be decisive.

Ray R, Danny and cullenbigcstill like this.
  9. fin415

fin415 Not a slot receiver Finheaven VIP

How do you win without discipline? Sure, winning hides a lot of flaws and makes it a lot easier for a player to think "maybe this guy knows what he's doing", but we haven't won in a long, long, long time, so you got to start somewhere.

10. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

I understand winning helps, but to not have veteran leadership to tell the youngsters, hey even when we suck alway be a professional and do as your told.

Like I can't imagine Ray Lewis on the Ravens even when they weren't at their best would allow the younger players to just go rogue and disregard the coach. Dan Marino on those less than stellar Dolphin teams would chew a mofo out for running the wrong route and put them in their place. Probably would freeze them out and they wouldn't see the ball again if they kept it up.

11. ABA

ABA New Member

Two players drafted before Gase that don’t fit his system. I actually liked Ajayi more tha Landry. I feel Landry is very replaceable at a much lower cost and minus the diva.

As far as the Patriots, they have traded or dropped good players. Jamie Collins was a star lb that didn’t buy in was traded to the Browns. Randy Moss traded toward the end because of attitude. Those are just two but I’m sure there were more. They just win so it doesn’t matter.

12. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan

Gase has a LOT to prove this year!

So the truth will be obvious real soon.

No more EXCUSES.

Get the job done. Or get out of town.

End of story. Where's the glory?

BNF

Laser13, Hooligan and ForksPhin like this.
  13. DuderinoN703

DuderinoN703 We? What the **** we? Finheaven VIP Donator

It’s one thing to send them away. Now Miami needs to win or it was all for naught.

14. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Ray Lewis and Dan Marino. That’s the problem. Miami needs an elite player to be a leader. How many elite players does Miami have right now? (I’m actually asking) and how many if any of those elite players are a leader on and off the field?

Dolphins81 likes this.
  15. Cornell_Law

Cornell_Law Member

Agreed. And more dead wood is going to be chopped. Suh is gone by next year and good riddance. Tannehill is on borrowed time. Reshad Jones should be looking for a real estate agent too. Change is underway and we coming for you. #17 you next homie, take your average awwe shucks stem cell azz out my town, you been served.

16. ForksPhin

ForksPhin Scout Team

Total speculation, but given the modern "culture", I can't imagine that current Dolphins players are looking at the Landry situation as something that will influence them to get in line. Let's assume that Landry truly didn't put in the effort required to learn the offense (I don't buy it, personally). Here's a guy who didn't put in the extra effort...yet he was to go-to guy in the offense for four years.

He gave 100% on the field, didn't hold out when many expected he would, and didn't really make waves about his contract status until the end. He never missed a game. Any player looking at that will take away that Landry had to go somewhere else to get paid. They won't say "I need to toe the line and then I'll get paid".

I don't think dumping Ajayi and Landry would in any way be viewed as a threat to anyone on the Dolphins roster. Ajayi just won a Super Bowl. And Landry is going to get paid, just not by the Dolphins. If anything, the remaining players on the roster will just think more negatively of guys like Gase, Grier, Tannenbaum, and Ross. The Dolphins dumped guys that helped them win games and got nothing in return.

Trade Viper and Laser13 like this.
  17. pacresjt

pacresjt Well-Known Member

What has happened is 20 years have passed. Until you’re a proven veteran winner the players run the show. He kept them in line last year when they were winning but as soon as they started loosing the bad attitudes came out. Do we all not remember Landry mouthing off to Gase on the sidelines several times last year? Bottom line Landry was an outspoken limited receiver. Sure he caught a lot of balls and made some tough plays but in no way is he a game changer. It’s happening all around sports. Players are running the show and until you win Players and Fans alike will act immature. It happens in NE and Bellechick gets rid of those players and it’s just chalked up to his track record and accepted. If Gase succeeds, plan on seeing more of this but less reaction from players and fans as we will give him the benefit of the doubt.

18. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

The one thing the Dolphins are good at is the smear campaign. Its our Super Bowl.

19. ForksPhin

ForksPhin Scout Team

Ain't that the truth? They leak like they work for the government. It's all the players' faults, yet nothing leaks about a cokehead offensive line coach until the video hits the internet.

EricCartman and Hooligan like this.
  20. eomdtbtr

eomdtbtr Starter

People said the same thing about Philbin jettisoning talent off the roster because he didn't like their attitudes back in the day. They were wrong then. They're wrong now.

John813, Hooligan and Yessir like this.
  21. Feverdream

Feverdream Active Member

Football is the ultimate team sport.

Spoiled brat primmadonnas are a cancer upon a healthy team and there can only be one man in charge, the coach. When a crybaby challenges the coach and refuses to do as she's been asked, it's time for her to go.

Ray R likes this.
  22. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Settle down with the misogyny.

gfish24 and Laser13 like this.
  23. royalshank

royalshank Not a Game-Changer Finheaven VIP Donator

Bingo. Gase won me over in 2016 after that horrid start but now I don’t know anymore. His approach to dealing with alpha personalities is beginning to resemble Philbin’s. Getting very concerned.

24. kevphin

kevphin Active Member

Philbin was not head coach material. He should have stayed in American Gothic

EricCartman, BobDole and Trade Viper like this.
  25. Liphinphan

Liphinphan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Right. Imagine if he changed a bunch of coaches from last season? Then it would show it was on some of the coaches also, not just the players. Only if....

Spiff and NBP81 like this.
  26. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Just wondering who we hire next

27. joeylats

joeylats FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Maybe because your team leader is Mike Pouncey.Mr.bullygate,Mr.free Hernandez. i cant practice,Im not a weightroom guy
    Real leaders create more leaders not followers

28. Phinfan31

Phinfan31 A True Fan Donator

To compare Gase to Philbin is just dumb. Philbin was a *****. Gase has attitude. Gase is confident. Gase has (apparently) a plan.

And I believe in him. He has been held back by dumb players who never had the intellect and motivation to learn his (real) offense.

Regarding Ajayi and Landry...all you have to do is look back at the 2016 (Gase's 1st) draft. He came in and immediately drafted players to eventually replace Ajayi and Landry. And the next one on the way out? DVP if he doesn't produce.

Kenyan Drake (Ajayi)
    Jakeem Grant (Landry)
    Leonte Carroo (DVP)

Everyone here was hating on Grant at the end of 2016 and beginning of last season. Then he produced when he was given a chance. Carroo may not ever be worth the big trade but lets give him a chance. We got a draft coming up to add to "Gase's guys" too.

I will never give up on Gase until he has at least a couple years with "his" guys.

Ray R, ANUFan and whizafriz like this.
  29. DANTODUPER

DANTODUPER Scout Team

Both were probowlers, both were elite at making defenders miss tackles. Both were young and just about to enter their prime. Landry set records for the franchise. He wasnt just a slot WR, he was the best of them. Now with the compensation we got on both trades I think is possible that we are finally set at punter, kicker and find a replace for long snapper! Look at the Browns and Landry having way more success than us the next three years. There is not a single player in the roster that can make the impact those two made on offense. Tanny will struggle big time when we retain the injury prone C and with no Landry, or a beast RB that the defense fear. Good think is we have money to pay an overated OL and a pair of acorns.

Laser13 likes this.
  30. ForksPhin

ForksPhin Scout Team

Yeah, definitely some exciting moves by Gase. A new offensive coordinator who doesn’t call plays. A new offensive line coach to replace the temporary offensive line coach who replaced the cokehead. And tinkering around the edges on defense, but not replacing the real problem in Matt Burke. You’re right. Things are going to change in 2018. I can feel it.

EricCartman and Trade Viper like this.
  31. Danny

Danny Finheaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I guess some people here feel that Gase should want players that are not "his guys".......every HC wants his kind of players. I'm not talking about players he had before in other teams but moving forward he should have the type of players he wants to have. The ones that will buy into his system instead of the ones that will free lance and not listen to the coaches.

Ozzy rules!!

psfign likes this.
  32. Phinsguy

Phinsguy A True Fan

Tell that to the NY Giants.....lol

Beckham is probably the biggest spoiled brat primadonna in the league and the coach & his coaching staff (now fired) did nothing but make excuses and put up with his antics because of his talent & "marquee" name.....let's see what happens now that he's caught up in the latest embarassment to the team.....My guess? More excuse making and catering to that imbecile.

33. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

imo, Gase was right about Ajayi, he was very replaceable. I will wait and see on
    Landry, a well balanced offense is harder to defend. That elusive seam-threat TE sure would be nice right about now.

34. *Demi*God*

*Demi*God* Well-Known Member

You do realize in 2016 when Ajayi made the Pro Bowl he only had 4 games of 100+ yards right? Those 200 yard games inflated his stats that year big time....and even with Philly he scored 1 rushing TD all year long...

Ray R and fin415 like this.
  35. psfign

psfign Guest

Trust me, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

36. miamiron

miamiron A True Fan

This movie has played before with Tannenbaum

Darrelle Revis ( acquired for 2007 1st, 2nd and 5th rd picks)
    Mark Sanchez (acquired for 2009 1st and 2nd rd picks and players Kenyon Coleman, Abram Elam, Brett Ratliff)
    Shonn Greene (acquired for 2009 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th rd picks)

Don't be surprised if a desperate "Trader Mike" goes off the deep end

EricCartman likes this.
  37. BahamaFinFan78

BahamaFinFan78 A True Fan

The QB is where he now has to put his stamp. Either he is sold on Tannehill and he will roll with him, perhaps getting an extension done or he isn't and he is going to do whatever to move up to get whichever QB he thinks is the best fit for him. He will sink or swim with this QB decision.

38. Pandarilla

Pandarilla A True Fan

Fixed

Dolph N.Fan likes this.
  39. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Lmao.

40. tazthenomad

tazthenomad FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

There's a big difference between being an "alpha" and not doing the work off the field, learning the playbook, etc.

*Demi*God* likes this.