Gase's Team | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Team

I’m not saying that. He used Ajai and Landry really well in 2016 when we were getting good QB play. I feel like the frustration of having Cutler back there got to the players. Yes I’m speculating- my theory is the team begrudged his $10mil to play like **** and when they started losing some players expresssed their frustration in ways that were immature. Did you see the look on Landry’s face after Jay put that ball about 10 feet over his head and into the 5th row against the Bills? So instead of giving his best players a pass, he stubbornly backed his bad decision to bring Cutler in. I don’t know that there was a better option but the I do not think the players respected Jay and I think that cost Gase some respect from some of his better players. I would have rallied the team when RT went down and just rolled to 6-10 w Matt Moore - a guy the players respected. I think Cutler is a disease and it infected the Fins. And that’s on Gase. I don’t believe those guys would have acted like such jerks if Gase had built a “us vs the world” mantra w Moore or Fails or whoever. Adam has done some good things. Infecting the team w Jay Cutler was not one of them and I believe it wrecked the chemistry the team had / culture.

Well I think Gase thought he was going to get a heck of a lot more from the running game and Ajayi laid an egg. I remember just screaming at the TV wondering why Ajayi didnt follow the holes that were there for 2-3 yards. I think he thought Parker’s touches would result in TD not touch off his hands into the opposing teams hands. Then we forced the ball to Landry for those 112 catches with too many negative plays, he couldn’t make a tackler miss. He ranked dead last in YAC average last year. I dont think Gase imagined every player who was supposed to contribute would do so bad. It was a horrible season to watch. If the team played like they did the end of 16, Cutler was who he felt comfortable with. He worked with him before and felt he could hold it down. A mistake we are going to pay 10 mil for against this years cap. With that all said, The so called playmakers didn’t help this team at all, I’ll say Gase let his inexperience show by allowing Ajayi and Landry run the show and trying to please them, a mistake he can not afford to make ever again.

Well I think Gase thought he was going to get a heck of a lot more from the running game and Ajayi laid an egg. I remember just screaming at the TV wondering why Ajayi didnt follow the holes that were there for 2-3 yards. I think he thought Parker’s touches would result in TD not touch off his hands into the opposing teams hands. Then we forced the ball to Landry for those 112 catches with too many negative plays, he couldn’t make a tackler miss. He ranked dead last in YAC average last year. I dont think Gase imagined every player who was supposed to contribute would do so bad. It was a horrible season to watch. If the team played like they did the end of 16, Cutler was who he felt comfortable with. He worked with him before and felt he could hold it down. A mistake we are going to pay 10 mil for against this years cap. With that all said, The so called playmakers didn’t help this team at all, I’ll say Gase let his inexperience show by allowing Ajayi and Landry run the show and trying to please them, a mistake he can not afford to make ever again.
But we looked very different w good QB play in 2016. We seem to be basing a lot of our moves on what we looked like w a mummy at QB. Had Tannehill not gotten hurt I bet Ajai has more room to run and Landry’s YPC are more like they were the year prior. It’s as if Gase believes Cutler played well and didn’t drag everyone down. Which I believe he did - including the defense who were on the field 3 and out after 3 and out the likes of which were astounding.

Have at what, exactly? Discussing the recent news and developments surrounding the Miami Dolphins? Hmm, ok.

It seems a suitable site and pertinent place for that kind of discussion.

I’m tickled pink to have your blessing.

You realize that you did pretty much the exact same thing to him, right?

It's funny, but the feeling I get on this is oddly reminiscent of what I thought about Philly in 2014-2015, when Chip Kelly completely retooled the Eagles in his vision, and ran that crazy offense that just didn't work in the NFL. When he started doing all that craziness, I thought, "You know what? He'd better be ******* right." He wasn't, and now he's somewhere else.

The two main differences here are:

1) Chip Kelly won out in a huge power struggle, creating a toxic atmosphere that left when he did. I don't see that in Miami.

2) Chip Kelly simply refused to learn from his (many) mistakes. Gase has shown SOME signs that he can do that.

It's funny, but the feeling I get on this is oddly reminiscent of what I thought about Philly in 2014-2015, when Chip Kelly completely retooled the Eagles in his vision, and ran that crazy offense that just didn't work in the NFL. When he started doing all that craziness, I thought, "You know what? He'd better be ******* right." He wasn't, and now he's somewhere else.

The two main differences here are:

1) Chip Kelly won out in a huge power struggle, creating a toxic atmosphere that left when he did. I don't see that in Miami.

2) Chip Kelly simply refused to learn from his (many) mistakes. Gase has shown SOME signs that he can do that.
I have been saying Gase is Chip 2.0 and am sticking by it. Gase is completely lost as H.C. and demanding all bend to him instead of maximising players abilities. I 100% disagree that Gase shows any signs of learning from his mistakes. He openly admits to not knowing where issues lay and how to correct them. His play calling is more predictable and worse than a Pop Warner coach. Blindly standing by T-hill at qb will be his ultimate downfall.

You can’t be serious with this comparison. First of all, Belichick was one of the best defensive coordinators in NFL history with the Giants. You may note that Parcells never won a ring without him. In additon, he led the Browns to their last playoff win in 1994.

As far as the Brady issue....he’s the one who drafted Tom Brady. Did Adam Gase draft Peyton Manning?

Laughable.

Wow, I didn’t realize that he took the Browns to the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom