Gase's Team | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Team

So you think the successful coaches were successful because they didn't follow their vision? What they deemed to be successful?

You think instead they followed what Laser13 and his group suggested as the appropriate course of action?

Okay! Got it!

I honestly can't take any of you serious. Too many experts all in one place for my liking.

The key question here is when has Gase been successful? I understand he was the “coordinator” for the Broncos when they scored the most points in NFL history, but that was a fairly special situation where an all-time great QB dropped into their laps.

Outside of the season, when?

The key question here is when has Gase been successful? I understand he was the “coordinator” for the Broncos when they scored the most points in NFL history, but that was a fairly special situation where an all-time great QB dropped into their laps.

Ah good another jab at Gase.

Huh? When was Belichick successful prior to winning his 1st SB with NE? What does your question even mean? What's its foundation and how in the world does it coherently apply here?

Then you follow up your embarrassing question by curtailing the work of Gase to "special situation."

Huh? Do you even know how the great Tom Brady came to be and got his start in NE? If Gase by your logic found himself in a "special situation" then what do you consider the situation Belichick found himself in when Brady came in for the injured Bledsoe?

So you think the successful coaches were successful because they didn't follow their vision? What they deemed to be successful?

You think instead they followed what Laser13 and his group suggested as the appropriate course of action?

Okay! Got it!

I honestly can't take any of you serious. Too many experts all in one place for my liking.

Seems like you’re trying to go out of your way to try and unsuccessfully insult me. Are you implying that I can’t question the direction and decision-making because I don’t work for them directly? A straight yes or no answer will suffice in this case.

It’s all fine and dandy for a coach or organization to follow their vision, whether that leads to prosperity or burying them in their tracks. That’s entirely their prerogative of course, even if it’s a detriment to losing ticket sales, merchandise, and the good faith of the fan base that supports them.

What you suggested was that nobody should ever criticize or question their decisions. That’s not the way that the world works.

Seems like you’re trying to go out of your way to try and unsuccessfully insult me. Are you implying that I can’t question the direction and decision-making because I don’t work for them directly? A straight yes or no answer will suffice in this case.

It’s all fine and dandy for a coach or organization to follow their vision, whether that leads to prosperity or burying them in their tracks. That’s entirely their prerogative of course, even if it’s a detriment to losing ticket sales, merchandise, and the good faith of the fan base that supports them.

What you suggested was that nobody should ever criticize or question their decisions. That’s not the way that the world works.

Oh you're free to question all you want. You're free to question as a member of this site, as a Dolphins fan (I assume), by playing Madden, by perhaps attending a few games etc.

But what i'm pretty confident in saying, like most on the board, you're likely and wholly unqualified to do so.

It's not your fault by the way. It's this social media/internet culture we live in. It's too easy to log on and deem yourself an expert or at least knowledge enough to contribute meaningfully.

Last edited:
There’s no way you can say Ajayi in Philly is paradise just yet. The guy got traded to the best team in the league. That will do a lot for morale. Also, of course he’s eager to show a good attitude to show the naysayers s wrong. It’s like the common man starting a new exercise program. At first you’re guns ho but otver time you lose interest and sometimes revert to old habits. Let’s see how Jay behaves if the Eagles hit a tough ugh patch.
he says he learned from his experience but I have doubts

Huh? When was Belichick successful prior to winning his 1st SB with NE? What does your question even mean? What's its foundation and how in the world does it coherently apply here?

Then you follow up your embarrassing question by curtailing the work of Gase to "special situation."

Huh? Do you even know how the great Tom Brady came to be and got his start in NE? If Gase by your logic found himself in a "special situation" then what do you consider the situation Belichick found himself in when Brady came in for the injured Bledsoe?

You can’t be serious with this comparison. First of all, Belichick was one of the best defensive coordinators in NFL history with the Giants. You may note that Parcells never won a ring without him. In additon, he led the Browns to their last playoff win in 1994.

As far as the Brady issue....he’s the one who drafted Tom Brady. Did Adam Gase draft Peyton Manning?

Laughable.

Oh your free to question all you want. You're free to question as a member of this site, as a Dolphins fan (I assume), by playing Madden, by perhaps attending a few games etc.

But what i'm pretty confident in saying, like most on the board, you're likely and wholly unqualified to do so.

It's not your fault by the way. It's this social media/internet culture we live in. It's too easy to log on and deem yourself an expert or at least knowledge enough to contribute meaningfully.

Just as your’re free to leave, and of course not read any of my responses, questions, or feedback - you know, since there’s “too many experts all in one place for your liking.” If you’re above such puerility, it seems an odd choice to embroil yourself in it directly.

I’ve most likely been a fan of the Miami Dolphins longer than you have been alive on Planet Earth. Besides the fact that I have never deemed myself an expert of remotely anything, you’re simply tossing ad hominem passive aggressive snark for reasons unbeknownst to anyone but yourself.

Just as your’re free to leave, and of course not read any of my responses, questions, or feedback - you know, since there’s “too many experts all in one place for your liking.” If you’re above such puerility, it seems an odd choice to embroil yourself in it directly.

I’ve most likely been a fan of the Miami Dolphins longer than you have been alive on Planet Earth. Besides the fact that I have never deemed myself an expert of remotely anything, you’re simply tossing ad hominem passive aggressive snark for reasons unbeknownst to anyone but yourself.

Sure Laser13 have at it. You have practically the entire board at your disposal that share your "i know better than the people that do this everyday" mentality.

You can’t be serious with this comparison. First of all, Belichick was one of the best defensive coordinators in NFL history with the Giants. You may note that Parcells never won a ring without him. In additon, he led the Browns to their last playoff win in 1994.

As far as the Brady issue....he’s the one who drafted Tom Brady. Did Adam Gase draft Peyton Manning?

Laughable.

Okay..

Sure Laser13 have at it. You have practically the entire board at your disposal that share your "i know better than the people that do this everyday" mentality.

Have at what, exactly? Discussing the recent news and developments surrounding the Miami Dolphins? Hmm, ok.

It seems a suitable site and pertinent place for that kind of discussion.

I’m tickled pink to have your blessing.

2016!

Have at what, exactly? Discussing the recent news and developments surrounding the Miami Dolphins? Hmm, ok.

It seems a suitable site and pertinent place for that kind of discussion.

I’m tickled pink to have your blessing.

Go forth my son!

Tannehill is a fine QB in the middle of his career. You don't move up in the draft to replace that, unless you are an idiot.

If the Phins do that, I will come around to the "management is stupid" option.
replacing a qb with zero playoff wins, who’s getting older and coming off 2 knee injuries at the most important position in the game is not the move of a idiot

My fault for responding so specifically to your example with LT. There are a bunch of variables in the determination of the value of a player. The team is the final arbiter of that value TO THEM. Landry's value in the eyes of management was lower than Landry valued himself. I know the FO hasn't done anything to give them the benefit of the doubt, but I'll still take their opinion over that of the player (and I know that position comes with some serious risk) because I know from a lifetime of working, good management is all about getting input from everyone but the decisions are made by the guy at the top.

One teams trash can turn into other teams gold, so I think we should look back in a year or two and see who was right. Looking back at the last couple of years, we've released a fair number of players that FH lost their collection minds over (OV, LM, etc.) and, for the most part, none one we let go was suddenly elite, or as far as I can tell, even played up to their contracts.
This is fair and I can’t disagree with you. We really won’t know for a year or two - I have an issue w the team letting the contract situation get to this point. As for LM and OV and RM etc - I agree w you and didn’t really mind seeing them go as OV was way too expensive, Miller was good not great and RM was solid - I was more mad it took us so long to find out he could play and by the time we did - bang - he was done. I do think Jarvis has a special quality about him / a quickness of mind and body that allow him to beat others to the spot even though he’s not the fastest guy out there. Intangibles. He can be an immature jerk and there have been many game threads where I’ve cursed him for hurting the team w a 15 yard post whistle job. I believe this stuff hurt his perceived worth. Who knows what might have been had we a veteran WR w great professionalism in that locker room w him. Oh well. I am looking forward to seeing what Grant and Carroo can do. I’ve given up on Parker so I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he becomes more physical of a player.

Back
Top Bottom