********** gator football *********** | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

********** gator football ***********

Kids a playmaker. Give him time.

Gator D is a tough challenge for a first year player.

Talent is there for sure. Getting rid of the ball can be a killer. Some dude I tried to erase from my memory named Treon Harris kept popping up ...

Congrats. But it looked like neither team wanted to win. Franks will cost you guys games this year. With his experience why would you throw the ball (into three defenders) with 4 min to go and up by 4?

This game was a complete **** show riddled with mistakes and untimely penalties. It was like watching Louisiana-Monroe vs Liberty,

Congrats. But it looked like neither team wanted to win. Franks will cost you guys games this year. With his experience why would you throw the ball (into three defenders) with 4 min to go and up by 4?

This game was a complete **** show riddled with mistakes and untimely penalties. It was like watching Louisiana-Monroe vs Liberty,

Franks has great physical traits, but he is a mental midget.

I cant wait till we get Jones more play time.

I like Florida in this one by about 6

23-17 something like that

Game was pretty close to how I saw it happening.

That #8 next to Florida is about 10 too high, and they both look like a couple of 8 win teams at best.

The only way I saw Miami being in that game early was if Florida turned the football over. Which is exactly what they did. Miami didn’t even do anything to cause those early turnovers - just Florida doing it to themselves. The first one on a pseudo mesh inside the 10 yard line that cost at minimum 3 points, but most likely cost ‘em 7.

The next fumble on a speed option.

Bad tackling by Florida defense all game. Tackling looked like some of those 90’s Florida teams at times under Spurrier. It didn’t look to me like Mullen had them tackling in fall camp. A lot of coaches across the country don’t really do it anymore and it shows.

Miami started turning the ball over in the 2nd half to kinda start balancing it all out and allow Florida to start making the climb.

I can’t believe there’s people around here that actually think Feleipe Franks is an NFL prospect. He was Miami’s best player and MVP tonight.

Gators were able to hang on and win because Franks didn’t touch the ball again for about the last 1/3rd of the game after that horrible INT. Committing PI’s on 4th & 34’s actually gave ‘em a better chance to hang on.

I thought Miami was gonna start breaking out that ridiculous turnover chain recovering so many of their own fumbles.

Exciting game to start the college football season. Ain’t nothing like the atmosphere of college football.

Congrats on a hard fought win Gators.

Man, that game aged me at least 5 years.

This game was won by our front 7 and the punting unit. Tommy doesn't barely beat that guy to the sideline and get the first down, Toney doesn't get that TD on the next play. And they won us the field position battle tonight. And that muffed punt recovered by Jefferson saved us when we looked dead in the water.

Very sloppy game all around. We had a **** ton of penalties, but the Canes had even more. 4 turnovers, all of them at horribly inopportune times. Bad officiating both ways too. Miami got away with multiple holds on their 90 yard TD drive in the 2nd quarter, and we had a ticky-tack PI go our way in the middle of a game. Trey Dean got called for PI when his feet got tangled with the receiver's. I don't think Miami even recovered that fumbled pitch from Franks to Davis but we didn't even try to force a review.

Lots of boneheaded, undisciplined plays from our guys. Franks INT in the 4th quarter, lots of bullshit going on after the whistle, PI on 4th and 34. Gotta get that cleaned up before we get into conference play. I have to say Bob, I share your Franks skepticism now. That deep throw to Hammond was beautiful, but not much else was. Just not sure he's gonna be the right fit for this offense.

This game was about what I expected. A relatively low-scoring defensive slugfest. Our offensive line I think performed decently given what they were up against. Miami's front 7 is very robust and really made it extremely difficult for us to establish the run. Malik Davis isn't going to see much action if he can't hang on to the ball. Perine took some major shots from Miami's LBs. Hope he spends some time in the cold tub. Receivers played well whenever the ball came their way. This is what scares me with Franks. We have so much talent at the skill positions. We can not waste it.

Defensively, it was a double edged sword. Front 7 was outstanding. 10 sacks, took advantage of the mismatches on the edges, and got after the young QB playing his first college game. Run D was fairly stout, but gave up a few long runs.

Secondary had a tough night with all the penalties. Stewart was suspended, so the rumors were true. We need him bad, because behind him, we've got ISSUES at safety.

Overall, this looked very much like a first game for both teams and the zebras with all the mistakes. But an ugly win is a win, especially over the damn Canes. I was pretty impressed by the UM defense, especially their LBs. Those guys are NFLers. Williams was inexperienced and it showed, but he made some confident throws throughout the game. There's only so much you can do when you're running for your life like that though. Their schedule is pretty favorable from here on out, so we'll see how the season pans out for them.

Luckily, we've got a bye followed by a weak opponent to hopefully clean some of this stuff up.

I'm tired. Go Gators

Man, that game aged me at least 5 years.

This game was won by our front 7 and the punting unit. Tommy doesn't barely beat that guy to the sideline and get the first down, Toney doesn't get that TD on the next play. And they won us the field position battle tonight. And that muffed punt recovered by Jefferson saved us when we looked dead in the water.

Very sloppy game all around. We had a **** ton of penalties, but the Canes had even more. 4 turnovers, all of them at horribly inopportune times. Bad officiating both ways too. Miami got away with multiple holds on their 90 yard TD drive in the 2nd quarter, and we had a ticky-tack PI go our way in the middle of a game. Trey Dean got called for PI when his feet got tangled with the receiver's. I don't think Miami even recovered that fumbled pitch from Franks to Davis but we didn't even try to force a review.

Lots of boneheaded, undisciplined plays from our guys. Franks INT in the 4th quarter, lots of bullshit going on after the whistle, PI on 4th and 34. Gotta get that cleaned up before we get into conference play. I have to say Bob, I share your Franks skepticism now. That deep throw to Hammond was beautiful, but not much else was. Just not sure he's gonna be the right fit for this offense.

This game was about what I expected. A relatively low-scoring defensive slugfest. Our offensive line I think performed decently given what they were up against. Miami's front 7 is very robust and really made it extremely difficult for us to establish the run. Malik Davis isn't going to see much action if he can't hang on to the ball. Perine took some major shots from Miami's LBs. Hope he spends some time in the cold tub. Receivers played well whenever the ball came their way. This is what scares me with Franks. We have so much talent at the skill positions. We can not waste it.

Defensively, it was a double edged sword. Front 7 was outstanding. 10 sacks, took advantage of the mismatches on the edges, and got after the young QB playing his first college game. Run D was fairly stout, but gave up a few long runs.

Secondary had a tough night with all the penalties. Stewart was suspended, so the rumors were true. We need him bad, because behind him, we've got ISSUES at safety.

Overall, this looked very much like a first game for both teams and the zebras with all the mistakes. But an ugly win is a win, especially over the damn Canes. I was pretty impressed by the UM defense, especially their LBs. Those guys are NFLers. Williams was inexperienced and it showed, but he made some confident throws throughout the game. There's only so much you can do when you're running for your life like that though. Their schedule is pretty favorable from here on out, so we'll see how the season pans out for them.

Luckily, we've got a bye followed by a weak opponent to hopefully clean some of this stuff up.

I'm tired. Go Gators

Van Jefferson is such a good football player. Why I have him as my #2 Senior WR heading into the season. Knows how to play the position and an absolute demon as a gunner on special teams.

Franks finally made Miami pay for having a loaded box all night on the long pass to Hammond, but the opportunities to do that were there all night.

Now you know why Saban wasn’t comfortable giving the OC job to Enos - and he left in the middle of the night instead of facing his boss. Nobody at Bama could stand that guy.

I think they had more penalties and fumbles than yards in the 3rd quarter.

Back
Top Bottom