Gay, Boone, and Williams all leaving? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gay, Boone, and Williams all leaving?

Buddwalk said:
Marcus Williams most fits in for the lottery these two teams

Minnesota - With a PG here there back in the mix for the playoffs
Houston - Alston still hasnt been able to effectively run the floor for this team

Depending on where charlotte picks in this draft I'd say the 3 most likely players for them to grab are

1. Adam Morrison
2. Tyrus Thomas
3. Rudy Gay

Though I still wouldnt rule out charlotte taking there pick and packaging it with brevin knight [who is rumored to be out next season with felton on board] for a great shooter...maybe paul pierce

Marcus Banks actually played really well for Minny. They need a SF and a C (Blount in ok coming off the bench, but sucks as a starter)

Charlotte will more than likely try to trade down to get a SG(unless they can't lock up Wallace). With Okafor,May,Brezec, and Ely there is no place for Thomas.

ChambersWI said:
Marcus Banks actually played really well for Minny. They need a SF and a C (Blount in ok coming off the bench, but sucks as a starter)

Charlotte will more than likely try to trade down to get a SG(unless they can't lock up Wallace). With Okafor,May,Brezec, and Ely there is no place for Thomas.

Thomas has the athleticism just like gay where he could probobly play SG especially in charlotte...But the real thing charlotte is looking for a shoot first sg not a defensive player there...Morrison will be the pick if we dont trade it away

ChambersWI said:

Wallace is locked up...and he plays SF most of the time. Thomas is a 3 in the nba...if Charlotte drafted him they would just move Wallace over to the two. Ely is gone.

Whether its a SF or SG Charlotte just needs someone that can score. Their goto guy down the stretch was a rookie PG....as much as I love Ray, they need someone better.

Ferretsquig said:
Wallace is locked up...and he plays SF most of the time. Thomas is a 3 in the nba...if Charlotte drafted him they would just move Wallace over to the two. Ely is gone.

Whether its a SF or SG Charlotte just needs someone that can score. Their goto guy down the stretch was a rookie PG....as much as I love Ray, they need someone better.

Not really someone better just need a taller threat to school...I thoguht that guy could have been kareem rush but at best when healthy hes a guy who can get about 10 off the bench. Charlotte doesnt play much man to man defense so having a slower SG like Adam Morrison wouldnt matter too much...and the guy can score

Portland should get Marcus Williams to go along with their other jail blazers. (i hope he doesn't go there cuz i really like him)

Finfan86 said:
Portland should get Marcus Williams to go along with their other jail blazers. (i hope he doesn't go there cuz i really like him)

no they have jarrett jack and sebastian telfair at point...thats one of their strongest positions

They'll go big man like Andrea Bargnani or LaMarcus Aldridge

Ferretsquig said:
Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Raymond Felton, Hinrich, Ford, Jameer Nelson, Devin Harris, Luther Head....all were or currently are impact players in their rookie seasons. Williams would be a starter from day one on most lottery teams.

Of this year's rookies, only Paul was a quality player from day one, though. Williams, Head and Felton were lousy for much of the year, and progressed as the season went on. Ford was a below-average point guard (still is), and I can't believe you'd actually classify Devin Harris as an impact player during his rookie season. Even Hinrich was really a pretty average point guard his rookie year. Nelson is the only other one who was actually a good player from the day he stepped on the court.

Point guards take longer to develop. Rudy Gay is more NBA-ready than Marcus Williams mostly for that reason. Understand, I like Williams a lot, and I think he'll be an excellent point guard before long.

I highly doubt Charlotte drafts Gay. Bickerstaff has consistantly drafted players who have excelled at the college level. Morrison is more likely to be taken if the Bobcats get a pick that high.

More than anything, Charlotte needs a personal trainer who can keep Okafor healthy. I hope Bickerstaff doesn't get canned, because he's done a decent job building that team. It's a better constructed unit than probably half the NBA right now. He's got some building blocks in place (Okafor, Wallace, Felton), some quality supporting talent (Brezec, Knight), and with plenty of salary cap flexibility. All he needs is a scoring swingman to pull it all together (Morrison, probably, but Gay would probably work too).

With a couple breaks (i.e. Okafor and May staying healthy), and a decent bench signing or two, that team could push for the playoffs next year. Ideally, Sean May plays the Corliss Williamson/Rodney Rogers role: fat guy who comes off the bench, gives them some low-post points and lets a better defender cover up his utter lack of defensive skill.

Buddwalk said:
no they have jarrett jack and sebastian telfair at point...thats one of their strongest positions

They'll go big man like Andrea Bargnani or LaMarcus Aldridge

They're the Blazers, which means they'll take the best available athlete with a questionable head. If Tyrus Thomas robs a liquor store between now and the NBA draft, they'll take him.

phunwin said:
Of this year's rookies, only Paul was a quality player from day one, though. Williams, Head and Felton were lousy for much of the year, and progressed as the season went on.

No...one player started from day one and amassed better stats than the others. Felton was solid all year, he just started scoring more when he was inserted into the starting lineup as a SG. Every one of those players was perfectly capable of starting in the NBA at PG from day one. The only difference was the quality of teammates at their positions.

With a couple breaks (i.e. Okafor and May staying healthy), and a decent bench signing or two, that team could push for the playoffs next year. Ideally, Sean May plays the Corliss Williamson/Rodney Rogers role: fat guy who comes off the bench, gives them some low-post points and lets a better defender cover up his utter lack of defensive skill.

ah the idiot dookie fan trying to cover up his ignorance by insulting an nba player.....how nice.

Ferretsquig said:
No...one player started from day one and amassed better stats than the others. Felton was solid all year, he just started scoring more when he was inserted into the starting lineup as a SG. Every one of those players was perfectly capable of starting in the NBA at PG from day one. The only difference was the quality of teammates at their positions.

ah the idiot dookie fan trying to cover up his ignorance by insulting an nba player.....how nice.

That's mature. Why don't you hop off that high horse? God knows you've NEVER taken a potshot at a player.

I think May is a quality low-post scorer who doesn't really fit any one position well. He's not really big enough for the 4 or 5 (that 6'9 listing is generous in the extreme), and obviously a poor fit for the 3. He's not particularly good defensively. So, what's wrong with sticking him in the Williamson/Rogers role? He's best cast as a 6th man who can play 30 minutes a night and score in the low post, while Okafor covers for his defensive shortcomings. If you want to get all uppity that I called him fat, whatever, I don't really give a ****. But the analysis is on point.

phunwin said:
That's mature. Why don't you hop off that high horse? God knows you've NEVER taken a potshot at a player.

I think May is a quality low-post scorer who doesn't really fit any one position well. He's not really big enough for the 4 or 5 (that 6'9 listing is generous in the extreme), and obviously a poor fit for the 3. He's not particularly good defensively. So, what's wrong with sticking him in the Williamson/Rogers role? He's best cast as a 6th man who can play 30 minutes a night and score in the low post, while Okafor covers for his defensive shortcomings. If you want to get all uppity that I called him fat, whatever, I don't really give a ****. But the analysis is on point.

Well when you are clueless about a subject and attempt to present your uninformed opinions as facts its just comes across as ignorant, or in my opinion, the rants of and idiot dookie fan. Hes not fat, he is 6'9, and he is a solid defender. He plays smart basketball and knows how to position himself in the post. Its fine if you dont like the guy....got no problem with that. I just dont like ignorance....it has a tendancy to propogate when give the chance.

Ferretsquig said:
Well when you are clueless about a subject and attempt to present your uninformed opinions as facts its just comes across as ignorant, or in my opinion, the rants of and idiot dookie fan. Hes not fat, he is 6'9, and he is a solid defender. He plays smart basketball and knows how to position himself in the post. Its fine if you dont like the guy....got no problem with that. I just dont like ignorance....it has a tendancy to propogate when give the chance.

aren't you the person who didn't know the NBA has a salary cap? :sidelol: And argued that the NBA has no cap.

MikeO said:
aren't you the person who didn't know the NBA had a salary cap? :sidelol:

sorry thats funny... I thought the NBA didn't have a cap.. :lol:

Ferretsquig said:

From "idiot dookie fan" to "clueless, ignorant, idiot dookie fan". Fantastic. See if you can tack on another insult with your next post.

If I'm being ignorant, I'm not the only one:

John Hollinger said:
May reminds me of the late Bison Dele (the artist formerly known as Brian Williams) in many ways. Not completely, of course -- May is right-handed, not quite as explosive, and much less of a flake -- but the similarities are there. Like Dele, May is 6-9 with soft hands, an instinctive understanding of how to score in the post, and a knack for the glass. May's rebound rate was off the charts, averaging a rebound every 2.5 minutes in leading North Carolina to the national title. The only questions are whether he can defend at the NBA level and keep his weight under control.

My concerns about his defense and weight, it would seem, aren't just whistling in the dark. At UNC, I saw a guy who could score in the paint nearly at will, but who seldom busted his *** on defense and whose body weight fluctuated quite a bit. May played all of 23 games and averaged 17 minutes per. Not exactly a huge sample size. If he's been working out constantly and comes in next year cut from granite, with a dedication to defense, good for him. I'll admit, I haven't seen a minute of May playing in the pros, but given the little chance anyone's had to see him, I don't think carrying my observations about his college game are unreasonable at all.

I think there's definitely a place for May in the NBA. And apart from my gratuitious potshot about his weight, I like him well enough. What's so awful about having the same career Corliss Williamson had? Big Nasty has carved out a pretty nice niche for himself. May is a little bigger than Williamson, so he might be Corliss Williamson plus some more rebounding.

Back
Top Bottom