Gay, Boone, and Williams all leaving? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gay, Boone, and Williams all leaving?

phunwin said:
If I'm being ignorant, I'm not the only one

Agreed....I often wonder if that guy ever pulls his head out of the stat sheet and watches a game. I do applaud him for being able to sell himself as a sports statistician and make a living off of it.

My concerns about his defense and weight, it would seem, aren't just whistling in the dark. At UNC, I saw a guy who could score in the paint nearly at will, but who seldom busted his *** on defense and whose body weight fluctuated quite a bit.

Well I can tell you he did "bust his ***" on defense while at carolina and didnt have large weight fluctuations. He did spend his first two offseasons injured and his tendancy to get hurt is a legitimate concern. But his defense is not. Hes never going to be a great help defender ala 'Zo or what Okafor is becoming. But he is a solid man defender in the post....in fact hes much better at moving his feet than Okafor.

MikeO said:
aren't you the person who didn't know the NBA has a salary cap? :sidelol: And argued that the NBA has no cap.

It was an attempt to make a point and if you are so dense that it still hasnt gotten through then I do apologize.

Ok heres the deal on sean may the guys 6''8 260 lbs. So hes not really fat so to say [guys got muscle in there as well] But its just hes not really so to say mobile on the court. Not saying hes a bad player though the guys going to be a solid 10+ ppg PF off the bench coming in for okafor next year again. One thing the guys knows how to do is play basketball and he does that well...his mobility and lack of size for the PF position however will never net him a starting job with this team unless someway Brezec leaves and Okafor is forced to move to center but even then I'd think melvin ely would step up :wink:

As far as Raymond Felton goes he played a bunch of games on the bench early this season like 25 games...but when starting hes averaging like 17 ppg more then chris paul and close to 7 apg and like 3.5 rpg. The guys playing lights out this year as a rookie.

Ferretsquig said:
Agreed....I often wonder if that guy ever pulls his head out of the stat sheet and watches a game. I do applaud him for being able to sell himself as a sports statistician and make a living off of it.

Well I can tell you he did "bust his ***" on defense while at carolina and didnt have large weight fluctuations. He did spend his first two offseasons injured and his tendancy to get hurt is a legitimate concern. But his defense is not. Hes never going to be a great help defender ala 'Zo or what Okafor is becoming. But he is a solid man defender in the post....in fact hes much better at moving his feet than Okafor.

Not hes not better at moving his feet then okafor...where you got that is absurb man thats one of Okafors best quality for how big he is 6''11 260 lbs.

Buddwalk said:
Not hes not better at moving his feet then okafor...where you got that is absurb man thats one of Okafors best quality for how big he is 6''11 260 lbs.

Yeah if you think he doesn't move his feet well then watch his college games he was a shot blocking machine and the reason he was in position to block was because how well he was able to shift over and move his feet. (I'm referring to college because i haven't really seen him play in the pro's but he can move his feet well)

Buddwalk said:

Watch Okafor play man defense against a good post player. Mabey he will get it in time, but hes not Duncan yet. I'm not saying hes slow....hes a lot quicker than May...he just gets caught in the wrong position far too often.

Ferretsquig said:
Watch Okafor play man defense against a good post player. Mabey he will get it in time, but hes not Duncan yet. I'm not saying hes slow....hes a lot quicker than May...he just gets caught in the wrong position far too often.

Hes only in his second year of course hes not going to be duncan...jeesh duncan wasnt duncan in his 2nd year

Back
Top Bottom