General NCAA thread | Page 68 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

Up to 5 wins now, after beating a pretty decent UVA team. We're off this weekend before heading to Miami. With 2 weeks to prepare and Dan Enos calling the plays for Miami, I'll take DC Bryan Brown all day in that match up of coaches. U of L by a TD.

Up to 5 wins now, after beating a pretty decent UVA team. We're off this weekend before heading to Miami. With 2 weeks to prepare and Dan Enos calling the plays for Miami, I'll take DC Bryan Brown all day in that match up of coaches. U of L by a TD.
Aren't you glad they didn't hire Geoff Brohm?

Aren't you glad they didn't hire Geoff Brohm?
Yes. Jeff is a good coach, but in the Petrino mold he couldn't really care less about defense. Coach Satt cares about the defense, even though his background is offense. He's a complete coach, while I think Brohm will always be "just good enough" to be lower level Power 5 coach. Purdue is the perfect place for him.

If they don't name Schiano soon I'm going to have an aneurysm1573048970585.png

Chad Morris fired. Odd hire in the first place. But when you have a team that bad and you are changing a style so drastically the team has to imrpove

The SEC should be embarrassed with the games they are playing in week 12. Even if LSU, Bama and Auburn win they should all drop in the rankings. What an over rated conference.

Of course this is the narrative. Harbaugh can't beat a top 10 team shifts to the top ten team is overrated. :lol:

Michigan played an excellent game in all 3 phases and beat the **** out of a good team.

Sorry, I'm late on this, but Notre Dame is always overrated.

• Haha
Reactions: MD
So Mark Stoops reportedly turned down FSU, and Rutgers couldnt come to an agreement with Greg Schiano. Arkansas really hasnt had many leaks, but here are the rumblings.

Mike Norvell the Memphis head coach is a guy that supposedly Arkansas wants to talk to but he is more interested in FSU and has made it known to his people.

Arkansas aside from Norvell, everybody else is speculation. There has been talk of Mike Leach but many close feel that Arkansas wants to go with someone who knows the state. These names include App State coach Eliah Drinkwics, UAB coach Bill Clark, and the previous mentioned Norvell. But again nothing concrete.

Rutgers wants to go with someone who knows the state. The hot names after the Schiano hire fell through (mostly due to his demands) are Michigan LB coach and Rutgers alum Anthoby Campinile, former Rutgers assistant and Ohio State DC Jeff Hafley, and Miss State HC Joe Moorhead.

It's hard to imagine Rutgers attracting a decent coach. The same problem that Michigan State will have replacing Dantonio when he leaves is having to play Michigan, Penn State and Ohio State every year. As for FSU I think they make a run at PJ Fleck next month. Moorehead would be another guy to look at.

I don't really understand how Rutgers/Schiano fell through. Schiano isn't a guy that's going to get a top job, he knows Rutgers and the recruiting, and they offered him a nice chunk of coin. Last time he was there, he was successful, respected, and genuinely seemed to be enjoying himself. He was obviously interested in the job to some degree, or he wouldn't have gone into serious negotiations with them.

I think Greg really does have his head lodged firmly up his ass.

It's damn shame Mark Stoops turned down FSU.* I would have loved to see him there, as Louisville fan. It's bizarre that he turned it down though, he's not going to get offered anything better.

FSU better think twice about PJ Fleck. Can Fleck recruit Florida? He seems to me like a Big Ten lifer. You have to be sure to match up the coach's recruiting area with your school's recruiting area. After Bobby spent his first stint here recruiting Florida, Steve Kragthorpe came in and ditched all that to try and recruit Texas. It didn't go well. Charlie Strong's bread and butter was Florida. He left here for Austin thinking he'd just continue to recruit Florida and just add a few Texas kids. When he got there the administration and boosters basically said, "nah son, we recruit Texas here". He had to start from scratch and it didn't work out well.

*Bob Stoops in a mediocre coach that's only marginally better than the coach they just fired. So genuinely I hoped FSU would hire him so he could spin their wheels for 3 or 4 more years while our rebuild took place.

Last edited:
I don't really understand how Rutgers/Schiano fell through. Schiano isn't a guy that's going to get a top job, he knows Rutgers and the recruiting, and they offered him a nice chunk of coin. Last time he was there, he was successful, respected, and genuinely seemed to be enjoying himself. He was obviously interested in the job to some degree, or he wouldn't have gone into serious negotiations with them.

I think Greg really does have his head lodged firmly up his ***.

Basically he knew that he was wanted at Rutgers and was making a lot of demands. Stuff like a deeper pool to hire assistants was agreed upon as was a proposal for upgraded facilities. But then he started going for stuff like a guarantee he would get approval for football only facilities, and then he went back and asked for a pool to hire assistants that equaled what Michigan and Ohio State had. Eventually Rutgers said enough as they couldnt afford it

Back
Top Bottom