Geno says "move your Butt over Mark, it's time to free Willy." | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geno says "move your Butt over Mark, it's time to free Willy."

it's been a lot more fun to be a Jet fan this century than to be a dolphin fan.

we stink less

I know you've stunk less. Not once have I ever denied that. For the 100th time it's like we're comparing our inch-long weiners to see whose is bigger. It's pointless when you're not on the same level as the teams who consistently make the playoffs and get to/win the Super Bowl.

I know you've stunk less. Not once have I ever denied that. For the 100th time it's like we're comparing our inch-long weiners to see whose is bigger. It's pointless when you're not on the same level as the teams who consistently make the playoffs and get to/win the Super Bowl.

the Jets have the 5th or 6th most playoff apps since 2001, it's not like we never make it. This current 3 year stretch is the first one of 3 years since 1995-1997(which started in 1992). we have consistently been a playoff team.

the Jets have the 5th or 6th most playoff apps since 2001, it's not like we never make it. This current 3 year stretch is the first one of 3 years since 1995-1997(which started in 1992). we have consistently been a playoff team.

I. Am. Aware. Of. The. Jets. Postseason. Run. Over. The. Last. Decade.

0 Super Bowls.

Speaking of the game our teams haven't been to in 40+ years, which teams would you not want to hoist the trophy at Met Life Stadium next month?

Not really.

only 1 losing season since, you guys can't say that.

It's true. Maybe other Dolphin fans were going after you at the time, but I clearly remember you bragging about the possibility of finishing ahead. When it didn't happen, you said it didn't matter. And it really shouldn't when both teams stink. That's how I feel about it.

Is there really a big difference from 7-9 to 8-8? One is not considered a losing season, but both are pretty much average at best. Since those AFCC games, the Jets have won exactly 1 game more than the Dolphins over a 3 year period. In recent, relevant times, the Jets are on the same level as the Dolphins.

Speaking of the game our teams haven't been to in 40+ years, which teams would you not want to hoist the trophy at Met Life Stadium next month?

I don't want to see NE or Indy in the Super Bowl. I wouldn't mind seeing any of the other teams.

It's true. Maybe other Dolphin fans were going after you at the time, but I clearly remember you bragging about the possibility of finishing ahead. When it didn't happen, you said it didn't matter. And it really shouldn't when both teams stink. That's how I feel about it.

Is there really a big difference from 7-9 to 8-8? One is not considered a losing season, but both are pretty much average at best. Since those AFCC games, the Jets have won exactly 1 game more than the Dolphins over a 3 year period. In recent, relevant times, the Jets are on the same level as the Dolphins.

I don't want to see NE or Indy in the Super Bowl. I wouldn't mind seeing any of the other teams.

I was getting bashed and my quote was something like "as awful as we have been we are still ahead of you". I wouldn't call that bragging and I did commend you for passing us. Does it matter when neither team makes the playoffs? not really but it does when one makes it.

is there a big difference btw 8-8 and 9-7? we can play that game all day. They are similar but we didn't go on a huge spending spree to miss the playoffs again, we aren't going on 13 years w/o a playoff win.

I was getting bashed and my quote was something like "as awful as we have been we are still ahead of you". I wouldn't call that bragging and I did commend you for passing us. Does it matter when neither team makes the playoffs? not really but it does when one makes it.

is there a big difference btw 8-8 and 9-7? we can play that game all day. They are similar but we didn't go on a huge spending spree to miss the playoffs again, we aren't going on 13 years w/o a playoff win.

What does 13 years ago have to do with the present state of our teams? You should be talking about Philbin choking in the last 2 games with the playoffs on the line, or Ireland getting fired and the reports of the mess of the power structure. Those things are far more relevant to the future of this team than what happened in the past.

You aren't going on 13 years without a playoff win, but you are going on 13 years without a division title and 46 years without a Super Bowl appearance. Those are the things that really matter to me when talking about the past. Even with those accomplishments it is still irrelevant when it has been so long. What is relevant is recent history. And in the most recent history, the Jets and Dolphins have both stunk.

I hope that changes soon. Well, for my team at least. I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets stink for a few more years. :lol:

What does 13 years ago have to do with the present state of our teams? You should be talking about Philbin choking in the last 2 games with the playoffs on the line, or Ireland getting fired and the reports of the mess of the power structure. Those things are far more relevant to the future of this team than what happened in the past.

You aren't going on 13 years without a playoff win, but you are going on 13 years without a division title and 46 years without a Super Bowl appearance. Those are the things that really matter to me when talking about the past. Even with those accomplishments it is still irrelevant when it has been so long. What is relevant is recent history. And in the most recent history, the Jets and Dolphins have both stunk.

I hope that changes soon. Well, for my team at least. I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets stink for a few more years. :lol:

I'd rather be a WC team and win playoff games than win a division and go one and done.

some day I'll see a SB I hope but I love having the chance. You can't get a to a SB w/o playing in the playoffs, I want to playing in the div rd next year.

They are similar but we didn't go on a huge spending spree to miss the playoffs again, we aren't going on 13 years w/o a playoff win.

But your team hasnt won a division title in over a decade!

so what? no team has won an AFC East title besides NE and us in a year Brady was the primary starter for them. We were the last team to do it and again I'd rather have playoff wins than div titles. In a perfect world I'd rather have both but if given a choice I'd rather win playoff games than a div title and go one and done.

I don't quite understand why division titles are so important. Making the playoffs is good enough no matter how you do it. Super Bowl appearances are the main goal for every team. To have Junc try and throw it in our faces that Miami hasn't had the playoff "success" the Jets have had the last decade is akin to getting kicked in the nuts repeatedly. When a fan of a team who hasn't seen a Super Bowl since 1969 is talking ****, you know our team stinks.

I've always thought winning the division is the most important. It gives you 2 things, bragging rights and your in the playoff's. If you win the division and do well enough you get a by.

I've never liked backing into the playoff's or just getting in by chance. So...thats my story.

I've always thought winning the division is the most important. It gives you 2 things, bragging rights and your in the playoff's. If you win the division and do well enough you get a by.

I've never liked backing into the playoff's or just getting in by chance. So...thats my story.

there's no such thing as backing in, you either win enough games to get in or you don't. you think SD and SF care about a div title right now? they are playing for the right to make their conf title game. You think Philly, GB & Cincy would rather have their div titles right now or would they rather be playing this week?

there's no such thing as backing in, you either win enough games to get in or you don't. you think SD and SF care about a div title right now? they are playing for the right to make their conf title game. You think Philly, GB & Cincy would rather have their div titles right now or would they rather be playing this week?

Junc let me make one thing clear...I really don't care what you think!

Again IMO winning the division is what football teams want to accomplish first.

Anyway since the jets went to the SB in 1969 they have only accomplished this 3 times. They have always been dominated by the other teams in the AFCE.

Back
Top Bottom