Georgetown beats Duke 87-84 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Georgetown beats Duke 87-84

FaninPatsyLand said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Syracuse sucks. They just simply aren't very good at all. Hall had 22 turnovers, missed 3 straight FT's in the single bonus, and just played sloppy overall. Yet, they found a way to win on the road... great week for us.

We're 7th in the Big East now, and if we continue to take care of business, we could concievably recieve an NCAA invitation. The next 4 games @ Providence, Rutgers, @ South Florida, @ DePaul are all very winnable games. If we take care of business, we're home for the next two against Connecticut and West Virginia. We pull an upset of WV... and watch out.

Not a bad position to be in, especially after coming into the season thinking an NIT invitation would be a stretch...

You guys could upset Uconn, we are known to play crappy on the road. I really want all the Big East teams to get in. You guys should also have a shot at beating WV after beating on of the best the ACC has to offer.

GreenMonster said:
You guys could upset Uconn, we are known to play crappy on the road. I really want all the Big East teams to get in. You guys should also have a shot at beating WV after beating on of the best the ACC has to offer.

I don't think we have any prayer of beating UConn, the talent is so superior, it's not even really close. I can see us upsetting West Virginia though, simply because I don't think they're as good as advertised.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I don't think we have any prayer of beating UConn, the talent is so superior, it's not even really close. I can see us upsetting West Virginia though, simply because I don't think they're as good as advertised.

Our talent is 2nd to none, I hope Calhoun gets us on the same page come tourney time. I can only imagine if we had Villanueva, Bynum, and Price. Glad to see some of the rookies get time because Gay, Boone, Armstrong, and maybe Marcus Williams could all be gone next year. (Along with Ed Nelson lol)

FaninPatsyLand said:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Syracuse sucks. They just simply aren't very good at all. Hall had 22 turnovers, missed 3 straight FT's in the single bonus, and just played sloppy overall. Yet, they found a way to win on the road... great week for us.

We're 7th in the Big East now, and if we continue to take care of business, we could concievably recieve an NCAA invitation. The next 4 games @ Providence, Rutgers, @ South Florida, @ DePaul are all very winnable games. If we take care of business, we're home for the next two against Connecticut and West Virginia. We pull an upset of WV... and watch out.

Not a bad position to be in, especially after coming into the season thinking an NIT invitation would be a stretch...

Ordinarily, I'd write a 5000 word treatise after a statement like that, giving about 30 different reasons why you're wrong.

But this year, I'll just nod my head in sad agreement. The Cuse does suck this year. They'll probably squeak into the Big Dance (at some point, they'll jam a cattle prod up Roberts' and Watkins' *****), but not by much. Not a good year at all. Way too much of the big men standing around watching McNamara and Devendorf. Stop the backcourt, you stop the Cuse, that's all there is to it. As I've said before, McNamara needs to graduate before they can get better. They've relied on him way too much over the last 4 years.

phunwin said:
Ordinarily, I'd write a 5000 word treatise after a statement like that, giving about 30 different reasons why you're wrong.

But this year, I'll just nod my head in sad agreement. The Cuse does suck this year. They'll probably squeak into the Big Dance (at some point, they'll jam a cattle prod up Roberts' and Watkins' *****), but not by much. Not a good year at all. Way too much of the big men standing around watching McNamara and Devendorf. Stop the backcourt, you stop the Cuse, that's all there is to it. As I've said before, McNamara needs to graduate before they can get better. They've relied on him way too much over the last 4 years.

Nothing to be ashamed of.. Devendorf is going to be a stud for you guys. Not to mention, that you guys always recruit well and have one of the best coaches in the history of College Basketball.

It says alot about the successes of your program when both of our teams are essentially in the same situation, yet you concede that Syracuse hasn't had a good year. However on the flip side, I'm delerious over the fact that the Hall is even a bubble team. Our program has never recovered from the departure of Andre Barrett.

GreenMonster said:
Our talent is 2nd to none, I hope Calhoun gets us on the same page come tourney time. I can only imagine if we had Villanueva, Bynum, and Price. Glad to see some of the rookies get time because Gay, Boone, Armstrong, and maybe Marcus Williams could all be gone next year. (Along with Ed Nelson lol)

I guess we'll use this as a Big East thread cause I don't feel like creating a seperate thread. Anyway...

GreenMonster, UConn pulled out a tough one yesterday against a very solid and dangerous Pitt team.

As for me, I'm extremely nervous about tonights game. You never know which Hall team is going to show up, and this is a dangerous Providence team we are playing at the 'Dunk. We need to find a way tonight if we have any aspirations of getting invited to the Big Dance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom