Georgetown beats Duke 87-84 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Georgetown beats Duke 87-84

DolphinDevil28 said:
:shakeno:

The blind Duke hatred still never ceases to amaze me. Unreal.

It's not blind. It's like ND football. Everything is geared towards them so the non-duke fans will just hate to no end!

I'm a 'Cuse guy, but have long had a soft spot for Duke (and, I should add, no particular love for G-Town). Great game by the Hoyas, but man, Paulus should be taken behind the arena and shot. What an awful game. Last possession, they need a three, and he doesn't even GLANCE at JJ Redick!

G-Town did a great job of beating Duke's backcourt pressure. That was the key to the game. They got probably a dozen free points with those over-the-top passes. Tons of credit to JT3, who basically said, "hell, we'll keep calling it until they stop it."

DolphinDevil28 said:
What are you laughing at? :lol:

Do I have to tell you what UNC is ranked?? ...Oh wait, they are NOT! Oops.

Should I remind you who won it all last year? That championship was well worth losing our top 7 scorers this year.

byroan said:
Should I remind you who won it all last year? That championship was well worth losing our top 7 scorers this year.

Same exact number of Championships as Duke in the last 4 years.

Besides, Duke is going to win it all this year.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Same exact number of Championships as Duke in the last 4 years.

Duke win it all this year? Ouch, I don't think so. They are good and will be in the hunt but I think WV is the team to beat. In my opinion the best team in the country hands down!

MikeO said:
Duke win it all this year? Ouch, I don't think so. They are good and will be in the hunt but I think WV is the team to beat. In my opinion the best team in the country hands down!

I don't like teams that rely so heavily on the 3. One cold day from the field, and they're done in the tourney. It's hard to be hot from outside the arc for 6 straight games. Duke, at least, can go inside if they're running cold, though they certainly take their share of 3s.

MikeO said:

I'm definitely having WV in my sleeper category for my bracket this year.

But I just see something different in this Duke team this year than the previous few years. They played HORRIBLY today and still almost won it at the end.
Come tourney time, they will be rolling.

No doubt Duke is the ACC champ and one of the better teams out there after everyone left for the NBA last year. But they are nothing without Williams, he is what allows them to press on defense. Get him in foul trouble and most any tourney team can beat em.....or if Reddick has a bad shooting day anyone can beat em...he takes half the shots.

They're a team with no depth who rely on one jump shooter to cary the offensive load. Granted he is really good, but will he be that good 8 games in a row? Prior tourneys suggest otherwise.

Ferretsquig said:
Granted he is really good, but will he be that good 8 games in a row? Prior tourneys suggest otherwise.

Well he would only need to be good for 6!

MikeO said:
That game shows the strength of the Big East from top to bottom. 10 teams in the NCAA might be much, but I think 9 is a lock. 10 wouldn't surprise!

No doubt..

The Big East is so much better than the ACC its not even funny. It's great to see.

DolphinDevil28 said:

They won't win the whole tourney. They don't have the depth to win it all. They also have to rely on one shooter. If MSU can continue to improve their defense, I think they'll win it all.

I'm so happy :D I can't stand Duke.

If only Kentucky could get their s*** together.

MikeO said:

I have heard it all now.. Many of you guys are slipping on the new #1 team in the country UCONN. With Marcus Williams back running the show, we will be a beast of a team come tourney time. We made Syracuse look very average on Big Mon. and we didn't even play very well.

For all of you Duke lovers, Uconn has been the better basketball program of the last 10 years.

GreenMonster said:
I have heard it all now.. Many of you guys are slipping on the new #1 team in the country UCONN. With Marcus Williams back running the show, we will be a beast of a team come tourney time. We made Syracuse look very average on Big Mon. and we didn't even play very well.

For all of you Duke lovers, Uconn has been the better basketball program of the last 10 years.

UCONN is good and will be there in the end. If they don't steal anymore laptops or anything like that and can stay out of trouble (which I don't think they can) they will be there.

Back
Top Bottom