Georgetown beats Duke 87-84 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Georgetown beats Duke 87-84

MikeO said:
Seton Hall (mid to lower level BE team)

Lower level Big East team? Please, they are as good, if not better than Syracuse. Let's not make this out to sound like Seton Hall sucks, they are clearly better than the lower level Big East teams like Providence, South Florida, Depaul and Notre Dame.

They're inconsistent, but they have more talent than any of those teams. They are right on par with BE teams like Syracuse and Louisville.

GreenMonster said:
I will be watching UCONN beat the crap out of Providence on the road.

I expect this one to be a hard fought game. I don't think UCONN is going to run away and hide.. going to be close all game IMO.

Rutgers is hammering Louisville as I speak, can't say I'm surprised. The RAC is not an easy place to play.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I expect this one to be a hard fought game. I don't think UCONN is going to run away and hide.. going to be close all game IMO.

Rutgers is hammering Louisville as I speak, can't say I'm surprised. The RAC is not an easy place to play.

Once again we played awful, turnovers, bad defense by Marcus Williams and pointless fouls.. Needless to say we are Uconn usually play better in the 2nd half of games. These lackluster efforts are starting to scare me, but our inside defense is downright scary. We are avg. a silly 9.2 blocks a game. 37-29 at the half..

Seton Hall is a decent BE team that has its ups and downs. They are not even close to the worst team in the league somewhere in the middle to back of the pack.

FaninPatsyLand said:

Louisville is the most overrated team in Mens Basketball. They are 2-4 in the Big East..

GreenMonster said:
Once again we played awful, turnovers, bad defense by Marcus Williams and pointless fouls.. Needless to say we are Uconn usually play better in the 2nd half of games. These lackluster efforts are starting to scare me, but our inside defense is downright scary. We are avg. a silly 9.2 blocks a game. 37-29 at the half..

I like this UCONN team alot. As of right now, they are without a doubt the best team in the Big East, and that includes Villanova. However, if Nova gets healthy.. primarily Curtis Sumpter, then that can change in an instant.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I like this UCONN team alot. As of right now, they are without a doubt the best team in the Big East, and that includes Villanova. However, if Nova gets healthy.. primarily Curtis Sumpter, then that can change in an instant.

76-62 win on the road.. We didn't play well but good enough to beat Providence on the road. I can't wait till we play Villanova, but next week we play Pitt and at Indiana which will be a tough test..

FaninPatsyLand said:
Yeah Seton Hall stinks, they only beat the **** out of NC State in their own house. They're miserable. I'll be the first to admit, they are very inconsistent, but stinks is alittle harsh. They are a mediocre Big East team.

And the BE is better than the ACC, thank you, that's all I was waiting to hear.

It happens, in '03 w/o Sean may we were a mediocre ACC team and beat Connecticut then we beat themagain the next yr when they won the title. We weren't better than them either year but games like that happen.

Lower level Big East team? Please, they are as good, if not better than Syracuse.

neither team is very good, SH has 1 quality won and SU has none.

Louisville is the most overrated team in Mens Basketball. They are 2-4 in the Big East..

Neithe Louisville or SU have a win over a top 50 RPI team. yes UL is very overrated and they were a top 10 tam comning into the year which was crazy. Pitino will have them back as a big time team but it will not be this year.

I think it's close btw UConn and 'Nova. This is not a UConn team like '99 or '04. They are very good but not great YET. I don't think there is a great team in CBB this year.

You guys can talk Nova and UCONN all ya want, WV is the best team in the conference!

MikeO said:
You guys can talk Nova and UCONN all ya want, WV is the best team in the conference!

just ask Marshall :lol: WV has all the classic signs of a team that will not make it out of the 1st weekend of the Tourney. Great run last year, team still intact, high expectations this year, will be a hot pick by many "experts". Mark my words they will not make it out of the first weekend.

nyjunc said:
just ask Marshall :lol: WV has all the classic signs of a team that will not make it out of the 1st weekend of the Tourney. Great run last year, team still intact, high expectations this year, will be a hot pick by many "experts". Mark my words they will not make it out of the first weekend.

They are 5-0 in the toughtest conference in the country. Have wins AT Oklahoma (by damn near 30), AT Nova, and AT UCLA. They went to Texas and only lost by 1.

Sure, they lost to Marshall. OK, nobody is perfect. The fact they played Marshall in the middle of hte Big East schedule tells me they probably mailed that one in and took the night off.

MikeO said:

I can't wait till we get to play them. Gansey better have a great day shooting because they will not be scoring inside. You also forgot to mention a home loss to the worst Kentucky team in years, and losing to LSU at home. Uconn should be unbeaten had Steve Novak not thrown down 41 on us.

nyjunc said:

I tend to agree... they had a good couple of weeks last year, and they are simply living off the hype they created. They aren't on the level of UConn or Nova.

Syracuse who??

We played terrible and still pulled one out. 2 straight wins on the road against ranked opponents. @ Providence on Wednesday..

GO Hall..

FaninPatsyLand said:
Syracuse who??

We played terrible and still pulled one out. 2 straight wins on the road against ranked opponents. @ Providence on Wednesday..

GO Hall..

The Cuse were so overrated after that early win. They will just wait till next year when more help comes in.

GreenMonster said:
The Cuse were so overrated after that early win. They will just wait till next year when more help comes in.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Syracuse sucks. They just simply aren't very good at all. Hall had 22 turnovers, missed 3 straight FT's in the single bonus, and just played sloppy overall. Yet, they found a way to win on the road... great week for us.

We're 7th in the Big East now, and if we continue to take care of business, we could concievably recieve an NCAA invitation. The next 4 games @ Providence, Rutgers, @ South Florida, @ DePaul are all very winnable games. If we take care of business, we're home for the next two against Connecticut and West Virginia. We pull an upset of WV... and watch out.

Not a bad position to be in, especially after coming into the season thinking an NIT invitation would be a stretch...

Back
Top Bottom