Get over the Coordinators...

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by motormouthmaz, Jan 11, 2018.

1. motormouthmaz

motormouthmaz Rookie

gase will be on one of the hottest seats next year and has a hurt QB coming back. We are not getting one of the top guys out there, so it is what it is. Hopefully the deep ball comes back like Ryans first year and it won't matter.

2. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

People around the organization know what they have in Gase, so he will be in the hottest seat only to outsiders, and those who dislike him, but unless he falls on his face in an epic way...he is not going anywhere.

Everyone, ESPECIALLY Gase expect nothing less then success next year, but nobody is having any problems with who Gase is, or what he can potentially can bring to the team as a HC.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  3. Tannchise

Tannchise Banned Hammered

it depends on how we crap the bed. if we crap the bed because of RT, healthy or injured and don't have a replacement to develop, then he is to blame for strangling the team again based on qb, like this past season.
    He should be shown the door because it is obvious his strategic thinking and decision making is lacking. He would also be carried out with the FO.

4. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

Aside from the fallacy that Gase's seat is hot...if anything, I would think that a top coordinator would RELISH the thought of a potential one-year landing spot. If you're a good coordinator, and hoping for advancement, wouldn't that be the way to go?

5. finmann

finmann Pro Bowler

I disagree, I don't think Gase will be on any hot seat at all, at least not next year. He seems to have the complete trust of Ross, and will be given the time to turn things around.

Ray R and tay0365 like this.
  6. FSU Truth

FSU Truth Taggart is my Homeboy Finheaven VIP

Game has two years...minimum. I expect he will be here much longer then that.

Viggen and Ray R like this.
  7. Michigan Mike

Michigan Mike FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

The revolving door of head coaches has kept this team mired in mediocrity for the past couple of decades. If Gase can fine-tune his staff with (hopefully) better hires, more power to him. Lord knows that the way he was able to fill out the staff in the first couple of years was difficult because he was still a bit of an unknown as a head coach. Now that he has started to establish himself and his system, he should be able to bring in better coaches that he is comfortable with but not one that will be looking for a head coaching gig after the 2018 season. How many offensive coordinators has Tannehill and the rest of the offense had to work with since he was drafted? Isn't it time for some stability and not to have to change schemes and see what we really have under the hood?

8. 1 dol fan

1 dol fan Super Donator Super Donator Donator

Not only are you on track to advance to a higher position, but may be able to add interim HC to a resume. That could be another way to step up. I believe Bowles got his reputation post Phins interim HC gig. I thought I heard something about Dan Campbell getting an assistant HC role with his title post-phins. Also thought I heard he got an interview as HC somewhere recently

9. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Gase is far from being on the hot seat. These threads are ridiculous.

10. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Shocked how many people are so horribly unsatisfied with what Gase has done with Moore/Cutler at QB the past 19 or however many games.

Ray R likes this.
  11. FSU Truth

This is the seat in Gase's office...

[​IMG]

12. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer Tape Guys vs Analytics Guys Finheaven VIP Donator

I think if things go badly in 2018, Gase's seat will heat up fast.

But right now? Not hot. I think a big reason why it's not hot is that the owner is partially responsible for the team's 2017 travel nightmare, and he knows it.

Beach Bum 91 and Ray R like this.
  13. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

Agreed, another 6 to 8 wins with RT and he'll be shown the door.

14. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Its pretty simple win next year or find somebody that can do it.
    No excuse to keep Gase if he cannot have a winning season esp when he had one two years ago. We need to quit just doing the same crap

15. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

As someone who’s already gone on record as predicting a ceiling of 8 wins next year, I also predict that there’s no way Gase gets fired if the team wins 7/8 games next year, absent extraordinary circumstances (like blowing 4th qtr leads in all their losses or something). It’s definitely not playoffs or bust which is a good thing for him.

If things go south, however, and he loses more than this season’s 10, all bets are off. But Ross is still the owner so Gase could probably go 4-12 next year and Ross will extend him.

16. Tannchise

are you kidding? travel nightmare? so he knew week 1 was to be canceled before going to Cali? Only the NFL is dumb enough to have them go England from LA.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2018
  17. Tannchise

Gase and FO better get a qb to groom to save their futures

elite14eva likes this.
  18. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer Tape Guys vs Analytics Guys Finheaven VIP Donator

The London trip badly exacerbated the team's travel nightmare. Remember, Ross actually called the NFL and asked if the London game could be moved back to Miami because of the hardship it placed on the team. Of course, the NFL told him to go pound sand, but he was clearly aware of the issue it presented.

Also, keep digging.

19. Tannchise

we got a SB out of it. we had months to prepare. you blame the schedule? Really? What about all the shirts Gase made with sayings like "ZFG," "Renegades," War Daddy," and University of Davie? GIVE ME A BREAK. This team sucked because the coach and FO are not on the same page. go look at the final presser. Gase anointed RT as the starter. Grier said all positions are open at 11. This is a dysfunctional team. The only fix is a lucky fix. They need to get a QB that can transcend the team.

20. FSU Truth

Is there any way you can post some of the issues with the offense, in regards to film? Can you show where it was poor playcalling and design and not Cutler's noodle?

21. Tannchise

are you kidding me? This team hasn't been good on offense in DECADES? Film? Personnel? Injury? There always is an excuse. This team has been mediocre because there hasn't been a qb here since 1999. And it's fans like you who keep waiting "for the next year," only to be disappointed again and again. I cannot wait for this season to play out. How many pro-bowl linemen do we need for Tannehill? How many does Brady have?

Ilovemyfins4eva likes this.
  22. FSU Truth

So that is a no?

23. Tannchise

film showed me three games where Tannehill was good in 2016. 2018 is approaching and if you think you can duplicate stuff after 22 months, [remove PA]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2018
  24. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase Finheaven VIP

It's been a no since he signed up for finheaven..

25. Tannchise

go watch the Baltimore game he played in

26. andyahs

Another "fan" wanting the Fins to fail to prove a point.

RVAPhinFan13 and BSQ like this.
  27. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Gase has been a genius in play design and Tannehill flourished under him. Next question

*Demi*God* and Ray R like this.
  28. Tannchise

Don't want them to fail. But if the hallmarks are there, what can you expect? You think Browns fans thought they would win any games? Look, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t. The FO and coach are not on the same page, the owner is clueless, they have 6-7 bad contracts, taking up about $50M,they have 4 consecutive 1st round picks that are underperforming, their qb is the most divisive player in NFL history, their OL has been in shambles for decades, their run defense has been porous for 4 seasons and the biggest fear is we have a real qb competition here.

29. Tannchise

in 13 games:
    averaged 230 yards passing
    1.46 TDs
    .92 ints
    that will never get you to a super bowl

30. nick1

nick1 I am Groot Moderator Finheaven VIP Donator

Really? It Got us to the playoffs. Too bad he was injured when We got there. We could have beaten pitt with Tannehill. Stats aren't everything bro. Look at his YPA though if you want a meaningful stat

RVAPhinFan13 and Ray R like this.
  31. Tannchise

playoffs? that makes you happy? one and done? is that the goal or is winning multiple super bowls the goal?
    Ryan Tannehill will never win a playoff game here. He is a mediocre qb and he is unable to carry a team on his shoulders asked upon like the elite qb's can in this league. get over it

32. fin415

fin415 Not a slot receiver Finheaven VIP

And there I thought the GM had the final say in who to draft and Gase has the final say on who gets to suite up and see the field on game day.....

As for the "Strangle the team again based on QB" comment, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the brain trust (including Ross) all decided together than the risk/reward trade-off on picking a QB with a mid-round 1st and/or spending even more picks to move up, wasn't going to return as much as using that pick on Harris. You continue to throw out these comments as if it's so damned easy to pick the winners and losers in the draft, including picking the hardest and most important position on the team.

As far as I can tell from your 100's of posts, you believe that either: A) Elite QB's are a dime a dozen and easy to spot in advance, so just trade up and get him; or B) that if identifying the right QB isn't easy, that the fan base would put up with trading picks year in and out until we get that special hit, and still be ok with the 4 or 5 years of recovering from ignoring all the other positions on the field.

As I've posted before, we had one of the best Coaches of all time AND one of the best QBs of all time, and between them, we only got to the big game once. When we reached for "famous" coaches post Shula (JJ and the Tuna), they all thought the right approach was to build the team and look for an above average QB when that obvious "great" QB wasn't available. What exactly do you know, from the safety of your arm chair, that we're all missing here?

RVAPhinFan13, FSU Truth and Ray R like this.
  33. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

WV?

SCLSU Mud Dogs, BSQ and danstilldaman like this.
  34. Tannchise

it is hard to find a qb. But Miami can't draft well and they can't find a qb? Cmon man. Go get a qb every year until you find one

35. andyahs

We have one but can always get another.

36. Tannchise

who?

37. artdnj

artdnj Time is Now Finheaven VIP

Maybe but Ross has shown before (Harbaugh) that he's loyal to a point but will go after someone if he wants him bad enough. That pursuit if Harbaugh was about as underhanded as it gets but it didn't stop him from trying.

38. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

we were 8-5 when he went down, we needed to win 2 more games to make the playoffs. who knows what would have happened honestly. if u go based on track record, good chance we dont make the playoffs.

39. Tannchise

you see the Baltimore game? that's what happens when he plays real teams

40. Ilovemyfins4eva

Ilovemyfins4eva A True Fan Donator

the baltimore game was awful, but its not even that. every qb has bad games, even the great ones ( which he is so far from) its that ppl on this site act as if tannehill played at some off the charts level, that the whole nfl was captivated by him like what watson did in his 7 games this season.

Tannehill is an avg at best qb, if everything around him goes well, u can win with him, but that goes for most qbs. The problem is, its always someone else when he fails, its never him. This franchise is no better off really than they were for all the years prior to tannehill era. same crap, avg to below avg seasons, with the occasional above avg season that makes the playoffs.