Get over the Coordinators... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get over the Coordinators...

motormouthmaz

Rookie
Reaction score
gase will be on one of the hottest seats next year and has a hurt QB coming back. We are not getting one of the top guys out there, so it is what it is. Hopefully the deep ball comes back like Ryans first year and it won't matter.

People around the organization know what they have in Gase, so he will be in the hottest seat only to outsiders, and those who dislike him, but unless he falls on his face in an epic way...he is not going anywhere.

Everyone, ESPECIALLY Gase expect nothing less then success next year, but nobody is having any problems with who Gase is, or what he can potentially can bring to the team as a HC.

Last edited:
it depends on how we crap the bed. if we crap the bed because of RT, healthy or injured and don't have a replacement to develop, then he is to blame for strangling the team again based on qb, like this past season.
He should be shown the door because it is obvious his strategic thinking and decision making is lacking. He would also be carried out with the FO.

Aside from the fallacy that Gase's seat is hot...if anything, I would think that a top coordinator would RELISH the thought of a potential one-year landing spot. If you're a good coordinator, and hoping for advancement, wouldn't that be the way to go?

gase will be on one of the hottest seats next year and has a hurt QB coming back. We are not getting one of the top guys out there, so it is what it is. Hopefully the deep ball comes back like Ryans first year and it won't matter.
I disagree, I don't think Gase will be on any hot seat at all, at least not next year. He seems to have the complete trust of Ross, and will be given the time to turn things around.

Game has two years...minimum. I expect he will be here much longer then that.

The revolving door of head coaches has kept this team mired in mediocrity for the past couple of decades. If Gase can fine-tune his staff with (hopefully) better hires, more power to him. Lord knows that the way he was able to fill out the staff in the first couple of years was difficult because he was still a bit of an unknown as a head coach. Now that he has started to establish himself and his system, he should be able to bring in better coaches that he is comfortable with but not one that will be looking for a head coaching gig after the 2018 season. How many offensive coordinators has Tannehill and the rest of the offense had to work with since he was drafted? Isn't it time for some stability and not to have to change schemes and see what we really have under the hood?

Aside from the fallacy that Gase's seat is hot...if anything, I would think that a top coordinator would RELISH the thought of a potential one-year landing spot. If you're a good coordinator, and hoping for advancement, wouldn't that be the way to go?
Not only are you on track to advance to a higher position, but may be able to add interim HC to a resume. That could be another way to step up. I believe Bowles got his reputation post Phins interim HC gig. I thought I heard something about Dan Campbell getting an assistant HC role with his title post-phins. Also thought I heard he got an interview as HC somewhere recently

Shocked how many people are so horribly unsatisfied with what Gase has done with Moore/Cutler at QB the past 19 or however many games.

Gase is far from being on the hot seat. These threads are ridiculous.

This is the seat in Gase's office...

is-06-02-10c.jpg

I think if things go badly in 2018, Gase's seat will heat up fast.

But right now? Not hot. I think a big reason why it's not hot is that the owner is partially responsible for the team's 2017 travel nightmare, and he knows it.

I think if things go badly in 2018, Gase's seat will heat up fast.

But right now? Not hot. I think a big reason why it's not hot is that the owner is partially responsible for the team's 2017 travel nightmare, and he knows it.
Agreed, another 6 to 8 wins with RT and he'll be shown the door.

Its pretty simple win next year or find somebody that can do it.
No excuse to keep Gase if he cannot have a winning season esp when he had one two years ago. We need to quit just doing the same crap

Agreed, another 6 to 8 wins with RT and he'll be shown the door.
As someone who’s already gone on record as predicting a ceiling of 8 wins next year, I also predict that there’s no way Gase gets fired if the team wins 7/8 games next year, absent extraordinary circumstances (like blowing 4th qtr leads in all their losses or something). It’s definitely not playoffs or bust which is a good thing for him.

If things go south, however, and he loses more than this season’s 10, all bets are off. But Ross is still the owner so Gase could probably go 4-12 next year and Ross will extend him.

Back
Top Bottom