Get over the Coordinators... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get over the Coordinators...

Then: he's a quarterback whispering guru. He even made Cutler look good!!

Now: nobody can make Cutler look good...

it is hard to find a qb. But Miami can't draft well and they can't find a qb? Cmon man. Go get a qb every year until you find one

You are so lost in your hall of mirrors with your position that you seem to just be typing and not even trying anymore.
  • Picking a QB every year until we hit means giving up a draft pick EVERY YEAR that could have been used to upgrade the team in an easier position to upgrade.
  • Picking a QB every year until we hit as a strategy means you are admitting that you are willing to make it harder to negotiate with our existing QB or any FA that we might want to bring in, because our strategy will be clear -- they aren't/won't be the long term answer.
  • Picking a late round QB that could be developed over years doesn't meet your criteria, since it's all about replacing RT and/or having someone who can play if he goes down again, so you are clearly suggesting that we either trade up (and burn a year or three of draft choices) or take the 4 - 6th best QB available -- and what are the odds that player would be better than RT?

And for what? Our experience with Marino and Shula gives up proof that you position that the QB is the only position that matters is demonstrably false. So, why would anyone in their right mind follow this strategy unless they are drafting in the top 5, where the odds, as bad as they are, are at least better?

Is there any way you can post some of the issues with the offense, in regards to film? Can you show where it was poor playcalling and design and not Cutler's noodle?

lol funniest thing on this board is the people that "break" stuff down. We are one level up from the Browns, like I'm gonna waste my time breaking any thing down or really care about someone's breakdown of this crappy organization.

Go on the draft forum, you can read a breakdown on a ton of good college players....we will then draft a bust in the first round like we usually do and none of that other stuff matters.

playoffs? that makes you happy? one and done? is that the goal or is winning multiple super bowls the goal?
Yes that's the goal, sadly for Ross, the real top goal likely is to keep us interested. So far so good for him.

I agree with some here, Gase is on the comfy seat for all of 2018. Everyone in the organization sees 2017 as a raw deal w/o Tannehill. Gase will get 2018 to steady the ship with 8-8 or better.

He isn't on a hot seat in Miami. His job is safe. I am sure, that had we not lost 3 starters before the season started, then Miami would have been in the playoffs. Losing you QB, ILB and CB before game 1 really put Miami into a kind of panic mode. Ross knows that. He isn't going to get rid of Gase. He has 2 years left on his contract I think, I may be wrong, not completely sure. He is safe for the 18 season, and more than likely 19 season.

The problem with Tannehill is that he's never really hit his stride. He was starting to but then Cambpell decided that Tannehill needed to be cheap shot on his knee. At that point he had a few games in a row where it looked like he was starting to excel in Gase's system. The fact that he got injured and then reinjured forcing Gase to panic and bring in Cutler is so typically Dolphin that it's just amazing sometimes. Now what? Anyone like Cutler? Didn't think so, I can't stomach the guy either.
At the risk of agreeing with Tannchise, I also think we better bring in some QB competition for Tannehill. If we don't properly insure against a re injury to Tannehill then we are truly stupid. If in round 1 all the QBs you wanted are gone then I think the Notre Dame Guard could really make a difference for Miami. The Dolphins need a nice combo to run behind on the left side, imagine Tunsil and Nelson, if your QB isn't there make it happen. QB TRANSENDS ALL NEEDS IMO.

Have I mentioned this team is starving for a high quality Tight End, when are we going to solve that problem??. The Dolphins act like they're expecting Thomas Duarte to have a break out season!! Trust me, he's not, get a real TE in here already!

Competition is good. Obsession with Tannehill is, well, frankly...a little bit creepy.

Competition makes people perform at their best. I read somewhere that NE had drafted 9 QBs since Brady. We have only drafted something like 5. 2018 should be the make or break year for Tannehill. He is 30 with a bad knee and hasn’t been lighting up the field in the past; his ceiling isn’t as high as what some think. You want to see someone with a high ceiling look at Wentz or Goff. Hell, Wentz had 33 PTDs in 13 games; when has Tannehill ever thrown 30 TDs in a season. If Baker were to fall down to 11, take him. If not, take a QB in the later rounds and take a G in the 1st.

it depends on how we crap the bed. if we crap the bed because of RT, healthy or injured and don't have a replacement to develop, then he is to blame for strangling the team again based on qb, like this past season.
He should be shown the door because it is obvious his strategic thinking and decision making is lacking. He would also be carried out with the FO.

All I can say is lol

People around the organization know what they have in Gase, so he will be in the hottest seat only to outsiders, and those who dislike him, but unless he falls on his face in an epic way...he is not going anywhere.

Everyone ESPECIALLY Gase expect nothing less then success next year, but nobody is having any problems with who Gase is, or what he can potentially can bring to the team as a HC.

This is true. Unless Gase has a tragically horrendous season in 2018 ... worse than this season ... he's not going anywhere. Gase has potential and knowing Ross' history of loyalty to coaches Gase probably has at least 4 seasons if not 5. So he should by the way. Some teams can turn it around in one or two seasons but realistically the way Miami has been so bad for so long we should expect a longer turnaround period.

Back
Top Bottom