Giants to interview Patrick Graham | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giants to interview Patrick Graham

To me, this is not that big of a deal.

Promotion from within is the best way to ensure continuity.

I think a big reason for replacing O'Shea, was that Flores wanted a more experienced guy in that position so that he could spend more time on defense.

This is what I expected but it does seem quite odd to being doing all of these coaching changes after only 1 year. I am assuming there were some pretty major disagreements that happened throughout the year.
We made one change (yet to be completed) - on offense.
If someone hires our DC to become HC there is nothing we can do about and is - at worst - a compliment of the accomplishments by this coaching staff.

In spite of winning 5 of the last 9 games, the defense continued to give up points. Inspite of the improved play of players like, Baker, McMillan and Needham the overall unit didn't seem capable of keeping teams out of the endzone. There were several surprising players like Beigel, Van Ginkle and Seiler but again, inability to stop opposing offenses. Hopefully Boyer can improve on all of that?

I think this also has to do with Flores being Defensive minded. He probably feels comfortable letting Graham walk because he may have had a bigger impact on game-planning than we get to see from the outside. So, promoting Boyer will allow us to keep an up and comer while not losing too much, or anything, from a play-calling/scheme perspective.

We made one change (yet to be completed) - on offense.
If someone hires our DC to become HC there is nothing we can do about and is - at worst - a compliment of the accomplishments by this coaching staff.
This was a lateral move though which I cant even remember the last time it happened. All I can think of is that Flores thinks very highly of Boyer and wanted to give Graham a chance to get into another organization without having to fire him.

I really don’t know much about Boyer, other than Pats fans seemed fairly pissed off about losing him last year.

Someone smarter than me (this is not a select group) tell me about him.

Known for his work as a CB coach. Even with New England he was known for having to get guys ready off the streets to contribute right away and did that here too (is also credited as the guy who found Nik Needham).

Known as a great teacher.

Also those wondering, Graham's desire to leave was family related

Back
Top Bottom