Giants to interview Patrick Graham | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giants to interview Patrick Graham

If the guy wants to go... that’s that.
You can’t hold guys back. You don’t want guys in your room that would rather be somewhere else.

Now I’m a little concerned we are turning over our DC, OC, OL, Sec, coaches in year 1.
Idk what it means.

We probably turning over 1/3 this roster figure, figure legit 10 draft picks and 5 FA, so it likely doesn’t matter but I prefer continuity.
I guess there are a couple ways to look at it, and the reasons for the change are likely case specific.

I don't have a problem if it is Flores is holding ppl accountable, and decides someone hasn't performed to his expectations. It's no different than a player not getting the job done. If there are reasons, fine. If they are merely excuses, you move on.

If, on the other hand, it's personality conflicts, Flo may need some maturity, to be able to handle ppl better.

We really don't have anything tangible to go on. It's pure speculation. To me, Flo has done well enough to not second guess him, until things go wrong.

I guess there are a couple ways to look at it, and the reasons for the change are likely case specific.

I don't have a problem if it is Flores is holding ppl accountable, and decides someone hasn't performed to his expectations. It's no different than a player not getting the job done. If there are reasons, fine. If they are merely excuses, you move on.

If, on the other hand, it's personality conflicts, Flo may need some maturity, to be able to handle ppl better.

We really don't have anything tangible to go on. It's pure speculation. To me, Flo has done well enough to not second guess him, until things go wrong.
“If, on the other hand, it's personality conflicts, Flo may need some maturity, to be able to handle ppl better.”
This is a good point- we just don’t know.
It’s a yellow flag though IMO.

If the guy wants to go... that’s that.
You can’t hold guys back. You don’t want guys in your room that would rather be somewhere else.

Now I’m a little concerned we are turning over our DC, OC, OL, Sec, coaches in year 1.
Idk what it means.

We probably turning over 1/3 this roster figure, figure legit 10 draft picks and 5 FA, so it likely doesn’t matter but I prefer continuity.

IMO, this year was more a retool and building from pretty much scratch and truthfully the only thing I see as being permanent is Flores. Can't say I'm concerned over the turn over because one, don't know who the replacements are and doesn't seem out of the realm of reality for Flores after a year in of working with and seeing up gradable replacements possibly available, who he feels may fit even better, worth going for .

This year as a traditional normal NFL season, it is more a fluke. First stage of an actual highly overdue rebuild and more or less the early early stage of acquiring a dependable Leader, building up needed resources (cap), expulsion of dead weight (talent lacking players) and evaluating others and the start of putting together a very competent coaching staff ( which possibly takes a bit more time than His first year ).

I with you on the continuity dept. But truthfully IMO a bit on the early side to be locked into. Trial and error, changing of view, Learning ( Flores is a rookie HC ya know ) or new ideas shouldn't be unexpected in such an early stage as we are in now.

For Graham, he is kind of DC in name only in Miami. This is Flores’ defense.

so going to the giants let’s Graham one his own defense. That is a step up, regardless of title.

Flores probably recognizes that and doesn’t want hard feelings in the building.

just my opinion.

also even though Phillips isn’t happening... saying he is washed up is dumb. He coached in the SB last year. Their offense was not complimentary this year

Problem with Richard is that if he does well as a DC, he's gone after one year. He's been close to getting a HC job. If he adds successful DC to his resume, he's likely gone.

IMO, this year was more a retool and building from pretty much scratch and truthfully the only thing I see as being permanent is Flores. Can't say I'm concerned over the turn over because one, don't know who the replacements are and doesn't seem out of the realm of reality for Flores after a year in of working with and seeing up gradable replacements possibly available, who he feels may fit even better, worth going for .

This year as a traditional normal NFL season, it is more a fluke. First stage of an actual highly overdue rebuild and more or less the early early stage of acquiring a dependable Leader, building up needed resources (cap), expulsion of dead weight (talent lacking players) and evaluating others and the start of putting together a very competent coaching staff ( which possibly takes a bit more time than His first year ).

I with you on the continuity dept. But truthfully IMO a bit on the early side to be locked into. Trial and error, changing of view, Learning ( Flores is a rookie HC ya know ) or new ideas shouldn't be unexpected in such an early stage as we are in now.
All good points.

Obvious Rooney rule...
The cynic in me also thought that at first, but on reflection, it’s a lazy and ignorant statement that is expressed far too often, and in my (admittedly new) opinion, disrespects the achievements these men have made by making it to the top of their craft.
Nothing against you BNF - love your work - I’ve just had an extremely rare moment of clarity..I think..

Bit o News

Head coaching hiring over all teams got one

Ian Rapoport‏

The Browns have a new head coach in former #Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski.

Browns and the type of players with those personalities would probably be better off with a coach that's been around, experience success, and more importantly doesn't take crap.
Exposing a first time HC to those personalities? Yikes and good luck.
Those players maginifiy the concept of "I'm more important that the organization, team, and whatever is trying to be implemented!"

The cynic in me also thought that at first, but on reflection, it’s a lazy and ignorant statement that is expressed far too often, and in my (admittedly new) opinion, disrespects the achievements these men have made by making it to the top of their craft.
Nothing against you BNF - love your work - I’ve just had an extremely rare moment of clarity..I think..

Well I didn't see a lot from the man this year that would make him a "commodity."

Certainly could be wrong but I saw Flores "after him" on more than one occasion...

But good for your "moment of clarity!"

Live long and prosper!

BNF

A lot of staff turnover in 12 months. About to have our 3rd OL coach, 2nd OC, 2nd DC, 2nd DB coach

Back
Top Bottom