Give Fiedler a Chance? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Fiedler a Chance?

Jimmy James said:
Really? I would say that there was a significant amount of rational discussion and a large amount of Fiedler hate going on as well. Here are some comments culled from the thread:

Note: finzfan4life agreed with marinotoclayton's statement

Note: The second statement seems borderline to me. It's hard to tell exactly how it was meant. The first statement makes the Jay bashing pretty clear, though.
Again, :rolleyes:.....

There was no JAY SUCKS....or "Wanny and Jay are lovers" which would require your knight on white horse sevices. It is simply people stating their opinions no matter how harsh they may be.

Who are you to tell them their opinions are wrong?

inFINSible said:
Again, :rolleyes:.....

There was no JAY SUCKS....or "Wanny and Jay are lovers" which would require your knight on white horse sevices. It is simply people stating their opinions no matter how harsh they may be.

Who are you to tell them their opinions are wrong?

Who are you to suggest I shouldn't express my opinion that their opinions are wrong? If there was room for one opinion per thread, we'd have a lot of 0 response ones around here. It isn't as though I went through and said, "wrong", "wrong", "wrong", "wrong", "wrong", either. I provided arguments to support my opinion. In fact, I think you probably want to accuse me of over-arguing. :evil:

For the record, the bigger point is not about the rightness or the wrongness of opinions. It is about how fans of a team should act. Like I mentioned before, people here act as though in a poll of public enemy to the Dolphins #1, they have Jay in first place ahead of guys like Ricky, Underwood, Lawrence Phillips, and Cecil Collins. Don't you have a problem with that? Quitters, felons, miscreants, and head cases shouldn't be held in higher esteem than the guy who tried but just couldn't get it done.

I know there is a good faith argument that this point is unfair to people because other than Ricky, those other guys are old news. My response is that people should still try to find that perspective when they frame their criticisms of Jay or of any other player. Is the guy a thug? Is he a criminal? Does he do things to show his lack of respect for the system by retiring a week before camp? Jay isn't any of these things, and it would be nice to see recognition of that.

Jimmy James said:
Who are you to suggest I shouldn't express my opinion that their opinions are wrong? If there was room for one opinion per thread, we'd have a lot of 0 response ones around here. It isn't as though I went through and said, "wrong", "wrong", "wrong", "wrong", "wrong", either. I provided arguments to support my opinion. In fact, I think you probably want to accuse me of over-arguing. :evil:

For the record, btw, the bigger point is not about the rightness or the wrongness of opinions. It is about how fans of a team should act. Like I mentioned before, people here act as though in a poll of public enemy to the Dolphins #1, they have Jay in first place ahead of guys like Ricky, Underwood, Lawrence Phillips, and Cecil Collins. Don't you have a problem with that? Quitters, felons, miscreants, and head cases shouldn't be held in higher esteem than the guy who tried but just couldn't get it done.

I know there is a good faith argument that this point is unfair to people because other than Ricky, those other guys are old news. My response is that people should still try to find that perspective when they frame their criticisms of Jay or of any other player. Is the guy a thug? Is he a criminal? Does he do things to show his lack of respect for the system by retiring a week before camp? Jay isn't any of these things, and it would be nice to see recognition of that.
I agree with you, that Jay doesn't deserve some of the abuse but, it seems to me as if you're trying to take some sort of moral high road.

Most have simply given up on over-arguing their position when it comes to Jay so, I don't think you can characterize any of them, let alone all of them, by their responses in this single thread.

You are the one portraying them as hating Jay more than any of those other people. I have yet to see anybody say he hates Jay more than any of those players you mentioned.

You are putting that stigma on them.

They are simply expressing their opinion about Jay, AGAIN, no matter HOW HARSH that may be.

The corner has been turned on Jay being the starter for this team. It shows in comments from a lot of guys who supported him -before the Titan game was played. You know who you are. :D

I'm frankly glad only to see a couple guys still cheering and demanding for Jay to start since that game.

See, there was a certain amount of hope, trust that you could put in Jay. He was seemed like the safer choice. Jay did about everything he could, short of giving the finger to the crowd and laughing after an INT, to DESTROY that trust and hope.

It was so close between him and Feeley anyway. Now it is so much easier to believe that AJ can improve and carry this offense forward.

Shouright you bonehead. Everyone but you Dave Wannstedt and a few other blind people know Feidler is not a starting QB. 90% of his wins are in spite of him. He has played well in maybe half a dozen games and screwed up just enough not to lose the others. He's had 4 yrs. plus he has a DEAD arm.

Lehighphin said:
Shouright you bonehead. Everyone but you Dave Wannstedt and a few other blind people know Feidler is not a starting QB. 90% of his wins are in spite of him. He has played well in maybe half a dozen games and screwed up just enough not to lose the others. He's had 4 yrs. plus he has a DEAD arm.
I believe I'll let you have this one JJ....:lol:

Jimmy James said:
He's going to have to refer to my prior retorts as I'm fresh out for the night. ;)
It just proves what i said about sane people anyway. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom