Give Fiedler a Chance? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Fiedler a Chance?

DrAstroZoom on whether he would be fine with seeing AJ pulled for a half like the one Jay had said:

In that case, I think it is clear to see where we differ on this topic. I don't think that would be proper at all.

Jimmy James said:
The good Dr.'s interpretation of what you said differs from mine. Reading your response, it seems like both of our interpretations differ from what you are talking about. I think it's probably best at this point to ask that you make a more specific claim before we all go off in different directions. Sound good?
Fine. Skip it. Go back to the point I was trying to make, Wannstedt has been MORE than loyal to Jay Fiedler. Agree or disagree?

Philter25 said:
"Give Fiedler a Chance!"

To that I say:
What do you call the last 4 years?
I call it a nightmare, that with any luck is now over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inFINSible said:
Fine. Skip it. Go back to the point I was trying to make, Wannstedt has been MORE than loyal to Jay Fiedler. Agree or disagree?

I agree that he has shown good loyalty to Jay and that this incident doesn't really change that picture. Perhaps you missed it (I couldn't blame you in this lengthy thread), but I have already suggested that this isn't about Jay "deserving" another chance or Jay needing to have a confidence boost from a pat on the back. This really isn't about Jay to me except to the extent that he was the one who happened to be in the game at the time. I have warded off attacks on Jay as a part of this thread, but it is really just a shame that it had to happen that way because those who were attacking were apparently doing so due to the poor choice of title for this thread.

Then again, perhaps attacks on Jay are simply people giving their opinions as to why Wanny made the right move.

Personally, I felt like a 7-0 score in this game was going to be a tough nut to crack and with the unexplainable nature of Jay's play in the first half, the risk of Jay putting us in an even deeper hole was too great to take.

If there were some explanation for his abominable play I'm sure Wanny would have tried to "get it corrected".

inFINSible said:
Then again, perhaps attacks on Jay are simply people giving their opinions as to why Wanny made the right move.

I haven't taken on all comers here, and I think I am reasonably experienced with telling an attack on Jay from somebody expressing frustration with Jay in a reasonable manner. I simply will not let statements to the effect of "Jay is the worst QB I have seen" pass without seriously testing them, though.

As to your own opinion, I disagree with it for reasons well covered by now in this thread. I do respect your right to have a different opinion than mine.

shouright said:
I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion. Don't get me wrong -- I LOVE AJ Feeley. But I do think Fiedler should've been given one series in the 2nd half last weekend to regroup and atone for his mistakes. If he blunders on that drive, yank him immediately, but at least give him the chance to make up for his mistakes.

We were only down 7-0 -- it wasn't time to hit the panic button. Part of my thinking is that Fiedler has brought us back in games in which OTHER people's mistakes put us behind -- he should at least be given the chance to make up for his OWN mistakes.

The reason I feel strongly about this is because of the message it sends the team in general. I don't want guys playing on eggshells thinking they'll be yanked after one HALF of mistakes when their coach pushes the panic button.

We need these guys playing aggressively, not on eggshells. And we need them to know they'll be given a chance to right their wrongs. Feeley is the better QB, no doubt, but this is a team, not just a QB.
Feeley plays the whole game we might have won it..............

darkoak said:
The Fiedler era is gone can't we all just move on.

I for one am happy to move on with AJ. What I'm not happy to do is stand by while Jay continues to be the whipping boy for some.

I would agree, and that is a big part of the reason I take the position I do. Another reason is that I have never seen a player get the sort of treatment he has. Even Ricky, who quit on the team to smoke reefer, isn't the source of such anger and (from some quarters) out and out hatred. Even Ryan "rip off" Leaf doesn't get this treatment. Even Cecil "the felon" Collins doesn't get treated like this. Even Rae "killer" Carruth doesn't get this sort of venom. I'm not suggesting that people give these guys a pass, but it says something sad when the sin of not being born with enough talent is apparently a greater sin than these ones, at least as far as board traffic goes?

shouright said:
I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion. Don't get me wrong -- I LOVE AJ Feeley. But I do think Fiedler should've been given one series in the 2nd half last weekend to regroup and atone for his mistakes. If he blunders on that drive, yank him immediately, but at least give him the chance to make up for his mistakes.

We were only down 7-0 -- it wasn't time to hit the panic button. Part of my thinking is that Fiedler has brought us back in games in which OTHER people's mistakes put us behind -- he should at least be given the chance to make up for his OWN mistakes.

The reason I feel strongly about this is because of the message it sends the team in general. I don't want guys playing on eggshells thinking they'll be yanked after one HALF of mistakes when their coach pushes the panic button.

We need these guys playing aggressively, not on eggshells. And we need them to know they'll be given a chance to right their wrongs. Feeley is the better QB, no doubt, but this is a team, not just a QB.

This situation is clearly not the same. Feidler knew that he was on thin ice before her took one snap in that game. Everybody knew it. Simply put he folded under pressure. He hasn't shown anything in four years to be given the job without question. He's no Zack, surtain, or chambers. If anyone of those guys have a horrible game like jay did they wouldn't have to worry about geting benched because Dave know's what they can do. They show it week in and week out. IMO rosenfelds shouldn't have seen the field in the pre-season, It should have been Jay for two quarters and AJ for the other two for the entire preseason. Why? because how are you going to determine who is the best quarterback when they are only getting a few series per game? That's why Dave made the mistake of starting feidler in the first game, AJ didn't get enough playing time in the preseason to convince him that he was clearly better than Jay. ( I seen it though)

I have always been a huge Jay fan and have gone to great lengths to try and "call off the dogs" as it were. But it's time to move on, and I have NO problem with Wanny's decision of doing it at halftime vs. Tennessee.

DrAstroZoom said:
I have always been a huge Jay fan and have gone to great lengths to try and "call off the dogs" as it were. But it's time to move on, and I have NO problem with Wanny's decision of doing it at halftime vs. Tennessee.
I can honestly say that's exactly how I feel. I even spent most of last week defending Wannstedt's decision to start Jay.

Back
Top Bottom