Give Fiedler a Chance? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Fiedler a Chance?

One more time for clarity sake, the only difference I have is that I think DW needs to stick wtih his QB on at least a game by game basis (hopefully more, particularly now that he has don this once). I am not calling for Dave's head over it, but I think he made a mistake in doing what he did. Honestly, I'm not entirely certain how we got away from a discussion that looks like these last three items and to what we were discussing late last night and early this morning...

Jimmy James said:
I haven't taken on all comers here, and I think I am reasonably experienced with telling an attack on Jay from somebody expressing frustration with Jay in a reasonable manner. I simply will not let statements to the effect of "Jay is the worst QB I have seen" pass without seriously testing them, though.

From your intimation here, that you are defending Jay against undue criticism.

inFINSible said:
I can honestly say that's exactly how I feel. I even spent most of last week defending Wannstedt's decision to start Jay.

I do want to brag a bit, however, and say it went down just like I predicted it would.

inFINSible said:
From your intimation here, that you are defending Jay against undue criticism.

No, I got that. What I was reflecting on was why the claws came out from so many angles in this particular thread that I would have predicted would have been a rather dull debate without many fireworks. Is the title really that bad that people didn't read the discussion and just started slamming away?

Bravo Doc!....It also goes to show how smart I was for agreeing with you. :D

I think that it was an understandable reaction to the premise of the thread: that is, why wasn't Jay given one more chance in the second half. For those who have seen Fiedler receive chance after chance in the face of varying levels of comeptition and criticism, the question seems a little funny.

Well...if you put it that way, I guess it does make sense. I guess I just view things differently than the average fan in terms of trying to make a detached judgment. I don't mean that in any sort of demeaning way -- I just try to be a very methodical guy as much as I can. I think it's clear that I don't always succeed, but none of us are perfect. ;)

Jimmy James said:
Well...if you put it that way, I guess it does make sense. I guess I just view things differently than the average fan in terms of trying to make a detached judgment. I don't mean that in any sort of demeaning way -- I just try to be a very methodical guy as much as I can. I think it's clear that I don't always succeed, but none of us are perfect. ;)
Didn't mean it in a demeaning way??
Don't worry, us average fans aren't smart enough to know what you meant anyway.

Should of went after Garcia

Bottom Line Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,Jeff Garcia,---- Any reason we didn't go after him????? I don't wanna see these posts that say's Speilman is god for all these great move's. If he is so great why are we relying on a Quaterback that would be a 3rd stringer anywhere else??

Jay's had his chance, he's had 4-years to show what he has. He can be a very good at times, but his consistency and his age is why we have to move on and move on as fast as we can. Jay is no better right now than AJ who is still earning our system. In fact I'd say AJ is better right now.

I like Jay, I like his never say die attitude, but attitude can only get you so far.

inFINSible said:
Didn't mean it in a demeaning way??
Don't worry, us average fans aren't smart enough to know what you meant anyway.

I'm going to take that as a joke because I frankly think most of you wouldn't want to see things the way I do. :tongue:

ohall said:
I like Jay, I like his never say die attitude, but attitude can only get you so far.

I agree 100%. I'm not even asking for everybody to acknowledge the good Jay has done with limited skills. I'm just asking that the abuse end after four years.

Jimmy James said:
I agree 100%. I'm not even asking for everybody to acknowledge the good Jay has done with limited skills. I'm just asking that the abuse end after four years.

That's never going to stop from some ppl. They see Jay as the guy who replaced Marino, and for that they will always have a personal hatred for the guy. Some ppl are just bigger player fans than they are team fans.

Jimmy James said:
:shakeno:

This thread was NOT your garden variety bash-Jay thread. This thread was full of people making rational statements using Jay's irrational stats.

inFINSible said:
:shakeno:

This thread was NOT your garden variety bash-Jay thread. This thread was full of people making rational statements using Jay's irrational stats.

Really? I would say that there was a significant amount of rational discussion and a large amount of Fiedler hate going on as well. Here are some comments culled from the thread:

X-Con said:
Screw Fiedler.

trekbiz said:
Fiedler never should have been retained on this team period.

superself said:
He performed like we all EXPECTED him to. Poorly.

finzfan4life said:
Bye Jay, hope you love holding that clipboard. Get use to it, cause that's what you are going to be doing the rest of your career. Thank God!!

marinotoclayton said:
The guy has to be one of the worse dolphin QB's I have seen. And granted that list isn't very long. So I would probably put him first.

Note: finzfan4life agreed with marinotoclayton's statement

4dfins said:
JAY FANS....I have a never worn Jay teal Jersey that was given to me one year ago...Sounds like there are some big time Jay fans that would love to trade for it...I'd prefer an AJ for it, but I'd take any current Phin..even Turk.

jethatr said:
He is the worst! It's actually an embarassment that he began the season as our starting QB.

Note: The second statement seems borderline to me. It's hard to tell exactly how it was meant. The first statement makes the Jay bashing pretty clear, though.

phantom said:
I call it a nightmare, that with any luck is now over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom