Give Fiedler a Chance? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Fiedler a Chance?

afiorentino said:
If it is musical quarterbacks the Dolphins are dead in the water. DW needs to stick with Feeley like he stuck with Feidler his first year. Feeley cost a 2nd round draft pick and was given a 5 year contract. Once that was done the quarterback controversy should have never occurred. All this 50-50 split has just slowed AJs development and will continue to hamper him if it continues.
Agree 100%. If this controversy continues it will spell the end of this team.

Wannstedt needs to pick a starter and stick with him. This is not college football where you can have a quarterback by commity and succeed. I am behind whoever he chooses, but he needs to choose one and only one.

Jimmy James said:
Dave made a mistake here. He could have and should have handled the situation better whether that meant starting AJ or giving Jay the rest of the game to turn it around. It isn't the end of the world, but we should call it for what it is instead of canonizing Wanny for making a decision that goes in favor of the opinion of the peanut gallery for once.

This is typical of your posts.
You twist things in a way in which you don't even give an opinion as to the issue at hand. I don't see anyone "canonizing" Dave here. Do you? If you do please enlighten me. Of course it was a mistake by Dave. The "peanut gallery" as you so brilliantly named any of us who are sick of seeing Jay on the field are just happy that this decision was finally made. As I said before it was a mistake to even keep Jay on the team and one that Dave is fully responsible for since he lobied so much for Jay to stay.

Trekbiz said:
You twist things in a way in which you don't even give an opinion as to the issue at hand. I don't see anyone "canonizing" Dave here. Do you? If you do please enlighten me. Of course it was a mistake by Dave. The "peanut gallery" as you so brilliantly named any of us who are sick of seeing Jay on the field are just happy that this decision was finally made. As I said before it was a mistake to even keep Jay on the team and one that Dave is fully responsible for since he lobied so much for Jay to stay.

I would agree that it is typical of my posts. My opinion is definitely here, though. It is that I believe this team needs a sense of stability at QB. That is a big part of the reason why I am getting behind AJ without hesitation and making it clear that I expect DW to do the same now that he has chosen and changed his mind once.

I didn't mean "peanut gallery" to exclude me. I know that I'm just a raving fan like the rest of you. I also didn't mean it in a derogatory fashion. As far as canonizing DW goes, that is a good description for all of the glowing pro-DW threads I have seen in recent days because he finally stuck it to that Jay who was the root of all evil with the team. If you don't know what I'm talking about, search is your friend.

I disagree that it was a mistake to keep Jay on the team, and I disagree that the QB competition was unnecessary just in case anybody wants to know (I wouldn't want to leave you with too little of my opinion). Leaving this team with one QB (Sage) who has any type of experience with the organization and bringing in two new guys is unacceptable. Leaving this team in the hands of the inferior Brian Griese and a new guy would have been unacceptable. I do think that DW may have been better served to make his choice after the 3rd preseason game, but he chose not to do this.

Trekbiz said:
There are decisions that are made, and then there's HOW the decisions are made. Ricky could've done what he did on February 1st and it would've been a lot better all the way around of course. Likewise, DW should've either chosen Feeley BEFORE the game, or he should've planned on giving Fiedler the chance to redeem himself if he made mistakes. You don't do neither.

How sure are you that Feeley will have the chance to redeem himself if he makes mistakes this week? Probably about as sure as HE is. Now what effect do you think that'll have on him?

Give Jay a chance?? Hmm... let me think about this a second... OK, NO!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:

I want to believe that Wayne H. called Dave and told him either go with Feeley or walk off the field and allow Foerster to continue as the interim HC.

Fiedler had a chance to put a stamp on Dave's belief in him (again :rolleyes2) and he didn't do it. Instead, he failed. He performed like we all EXPECTED him to. Poorly.

shouright said:
But that's where the saying "regroup at halftime" comes from. You have to give the guy that shot to get himself back together and atone for his mistakes. How would you feel in Fiedler's position? And all I'm asking for is ONE series. If he's still a deer in the headlights, he's outta there.
Seen enough of JF. Miami needed a jump start coming out of half giving JF another series would not have that and I get the feeling that the reason DW pulled JF is because the other players lost confidence in him.

shouright said:
I agree with that. But you have to balance accountability with loyalty. What was done to Fiedler was TOO much accountability and not enough loyalty. DW has been guilty in the past of too much loyalty and not enough accountability. His pendulum swung clear to the other side in yanking Fiedler after a half.
DW showed loyalty by naming JF the starter. DW has done nothing but show loyalty to JF since he has been here. JF let him down, again.

Time to move towards another QB.

Dphins4me said:
Seen enough of JF. Miami needed a jump start coming out of half giving JF another series would not have that and I get the feeling that the reason DW pulled JF is because the other players lost confidence in him.
So give him one series to regain the confidence of his teammates. I think he's earned that in his time here. He's pulled them out of crap they created -- he should be given the chance to pull them out of the crap he creates too.

Spinelord said:
bottom line...best thing for the team is AJ Feeley at quarterback-should've been the starter all along-it's obvious to me in section 150-DW couldn't see the difference in talent immediately?
I couldn't agree more! this should of been done early in training camp to get him in the flow with the number one offense!

shouright said:
Or the precedent for ANYBODY else on the team who's starting. And I think Jay was pulled in a panic because DW has stuck with him longer in the past even with similar mistakes. Sure we may not have had a Feeley on the bench back then, but if you're gonna pull the guy after 2 INTs when we're down only 7-0, you should've started Feeley in the first place.
Very few positions on the team have someone who the team spent a No. 2 pick on ready to start. JF had his chance the past 4 years. While I like JF and think he is a good leader, he simply does not have the skill to do it long term.

Superself said:
I want to believe that Wayne H. called Dave and told him either go with Feeley or walk off the field and allow Foerster to continue as the interim HC.

If WH had such a strong opinion, he should have expressed it earlier as well. This sounds really out of character for the WH who had to consult outsiders before deciding whether or not to fire DW in the offseason, though.

Fiedler had a chance to put a stamp on Dave's belief in him (again :rolleyes2) and he didn't do it. Instead, he failed. He performed like we all EXPECTED him to. Poorly.

Don't give me this "Jay failed Dave" song and dance. If anybody failed Dave, it was Dave's powers of judgment. Jay's job is to play as well as he can, and we have no reason to believe that (unfortunately) that he did anything else on Saturday. It's called having a bad game, and it won't be the last time a Dolphins QB ever falls victim to it.

Why u guys gotta dog Jay Fiedler. He is a great qb. I will say it once again. The last 2 years he has played awsome until he got injured. Do u know how much preesure this guy has on his shoulders before last game. Come on , It's people like u taking **** about him thats making him play bad. Everyone has been on his back no wonder he played like ****. He was forced to play a day early, the hurricane and his family was on his mind. (mcnair didnt do that good either) I don't know why ur so pumped up for feeley. He will be back on the bench week 3. And jay will be back runnin the team. And when feeley gets the boot and Jay Fiedler comes back and starts playing well , i dont want to see any of u saying good things. U are backstabbers. Its the real dolphin fans that believe in jay and believe he will do something for miami this year. Iam sick of it. Feeley is way overated, he is like a tooth pick, he will get hit and stay down. If anyone wants to put money on it aim in. I will bet up to $10,000 dollars , jay will be back in no time running the show.:fire:

shouright said:
So give him one series to regain the confidence of his teammates. I think he's earned that in his time here. He's pulled them out of crap they created -- he should be given the chance to pull them out of the crap he creates too.
If you give him one coming out of half, then why not another? Then another? Then another? Then maybe another game to regain the confidence of his teammates.

At some point a HC has to make the call. DW for once made the right call.

Jimmy James said:
If WH had such a strong opinion, he should have expressed it earlier as well. This sounds really out of character for the WH who had to consult outsiders before deciding whether or not to fire DW in the offseason, though.

Don't give me this "Jay failed Dave" song and dance. If anybody failed Dave, it was Dave's powers of judgment. Jay's job is to play as well as he can, and we have no reason to believe that (unfortunately) that he did anything else on Saturday. It's called having a bad game, and it won't be the last time a Dolphins QB ever falls victim to it.
The only problem is, is that he's has to many bad games. Bye Jay, hope you love holding that clipboard. Get use to it, cause that's what you are going to be doing the rest of your career. Thank God!!

Back
Top Bottom