Give Fiedler a Chance? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Fiedler a Chance?

marinotoclayton said:
1st like I said Jay winning on a consistant basis is like a squirrel trying to find a nut its very few and far between.

No, what you said is that Jay couldn't possibly have won that Titans game. Would you like to change your story now?

Yes I have seen Huard play behind center and he won quite a few games for us. And im not talking creampuff teams that only Jay has been able to win.

Which games are you talking about that Huard "won for us" (which, btw, I thought QBs didn't win games for the mighty Dolphins and their D)? It certainly wasn't the Jets game in 2000 where they made us their b*****s after a very close 3 point loss with Jay at the helm. Lest you attribute that to being at home for Jay's game, Jay's game was the ROAD GAME.

As to creampuff teams, you mean like Dallas last year? What about Denver in 2002? :rolleyes2

He never had five probowlers although they were good. And he never had the chances that Jay has been afforded for 5 yrs going now. By the way I think you got the mission impossible one wrong that fits Jay better. Hit him and he destructs or gets hurt. Every year. I could win the lottery with odds like that.

Jay has been injured 3 times in 4 years. In one of those instances, he stayed in the damned game and won it for us. If that were any other ****ing quarterback in the league, the team's fans would give him respect for that. Why must so many of my fellow fans give him so much undeserved hell? :fire:

As to Griese, my point was that as good as Denver's line was, they weren't 5 Pro Bowlers. If he couldn't get it done there, he couldn't get it done anywhere. Don't give me this crap about opportunity, either. Brian started for more seasons that Jay did, and Brian has never completed a season like Jay has (once). Perhaps you should get your facts straight, my friend.

Jimmy James said:
No, what you said is that Jay couldn't possibly have won that Titans game. Would you like to change your story now?

Which games are you talking about that Huard "won for us" (which, btw, I thought QBs didn't win games for the mighty Dolphins and their D)? It certainly wasn't the Jets game in 2000 where they made us their b*****s after a very close 3 point loss with Jay at the helm. Lest you attribute that to being at home for Jay's game, Jay's game was the ROAD GAME.

As to creampuff teams, you mean like Dallas last year? What about Denver in 2002? :rolleyes2

Nope why change my story we both know Jay couldn't have done it after a horrendous first half like he did he was a marked man.

Jay has been injured 3 times in 4 years. In one of those instances, he stayed in the damned game and won it for us. If that were any other ****ing quarterback in the league, the team's fans would give him respect for that. You degenerate so-called fans that I am ashamed of give him nothing but hell. :fire:

Nope why change my story we both know Jay couldn't have done it after a horrendous first half like he did he was a marked man.

You don't remember the games Huard won when marino went down. Man you must have some kind of memory problem. Either that or its an affatuation with Jay thats got you blinded.

Funny I don't remember Jay playing hurt that much. I do remember Lucas, Griese coming in for him. Also i wouldn't disrespect a Qb for getting hurt and going to the bench if anything i would want him on the bench rather than risk injury. And don't try to doubt our loyalty to Phins we don't say that about you do we. We just have different view and thats the way it is. To call people names is ridiculious.

I regret getting worked up and resorting to what I would call borderline name calling. As you can see, I have edited to revise and build on that section of the response.

Your case is built on 1999 weeks 6-11 and 17? It would appear that out of those games, he beat only 3 teams that finished above .500. That would include Buffalo where he looked pathetic, Washington where he looked like Jay on a bad day, and a nice win over Tennessee. A record like that says to me that he wasn't too bad...for a backup. What do I remember about those games? I remember a crippled offense reduced to easily detected screen plays and dump off passes to Konrad and Drayton because Huard didn't have enough to do anything else. It was the absolute low point for Miami's offense in my time as a fan. If you don't remember that, I would suggest your memory is the clouded one.

Jimmy James said:
I regret getting worked up and resorting to what I would call borderline name calling. As you can see, I have edited to revise and build on that section of the response.

Your case is built on 1999 weeks 6-11 and 17? It would appear that out of those games, he beat only 3 teams that finished above .500. That would include Buffalo where he looked pathetic, Washington where he looked like Jay on a bad day, and a nice win over Tennessee. A record like that says to me that he wasn't too bad...for a backup. What do I remember about those games? I remember a crippled offense reduced to easily detected screen plays and dump off passes to Konrad and Drayton because Huard didn't have enough to do anything else. It was the absolute low point for Miami's offense in my time as a fan. If you don't remember that, I would suggest your memory is the clouded one.
Borderline or not there isn't a need for it. And i did see the revise.

As for the games Huard won I believe he was like . 6-2 or 7-1. I would have to check. On those. But if my memory serves me. I remember Huard winning games at Indy I believe and the Patsies also. Which were big games for us at the time. And yeah i do remember we had a weak line because Dan had been getting pounded up the middle . That is one reason for years i could never stand Ruddy. Anyways dude it is late and I got to work in morning . And anyways this is getting way past the point of this . The point was Fiedler and him staying in the stupid game. Which is a moot point because Fiedler is on the bench where he belongs.

In retrospect, Jay should have been given at least ONE series to start the second half. If he got a first down or two, let him play another series until he fumbled or threw another INT. :eek:

Then you bench him and never look back. He would have dug his own career grave. By not giving Jay the chance to complete his self-destruction, Wanny left room for Jay to claim (as he later did) that he could have turned it around in the second half.

Above and beyond that though? Wanny is going to have to commit to Feeley as the starting QB. None of this "week by week" crap. It won't do anyone any good. :shakeno: Feeley needs to go out and learn, hopefully he does more positive things than negative and the defense is able to do the rest to win most games.

This team could be playing better by the end of the year, instead of fading, which would be quite a change from recent years. :D

Worst case is that Jay, Feeley and Wanny are all gone next year. Well, if Feeley flops then it would be time to whipe the slate clean anyway.

JAY FANS....I have a never worn Jay teal Jersey that was given to me one year ago...Sounds like there are some big time Jay fans that would love to trade for it...I'd prefer an AJ for it, but I'd take any current Phin..even Turk.

Wanny FINALLY gets mad AT a PLAYER....BENCHES him for POOR PLAY.....and there are still fans that are upset about it.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

No wonder he ignores everybody and just does what he wants.

inFINSible said:
Wanny FINALLY gets mad AT a PLAYER....BENCHES him for POOR PLAY.....and there are still fans that are upset about it.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

No wonder he ignores everybody and just does what he wants.
It's not that he did it, it's HOW he did it. He didn't give Fiedler a chance to redeem himself first. Some people ARE damned if they do and damned if they don't because they don't know how to do many things right. DW is one of them.

Deus Ex Dolphin said:
In retrospect, Jay should have been given at least ONE series to start the second half. If he got a first down or two, let him play another series until he fumbled or threw another INT. :eek:

Then you bench him and never look back. He would have dug his own career grave. By not giving Jay the chance to complete his self-destruction, Wanny left room for Jay to claim (as he later did) that he could have turned it around in the second half.
Exactly. Then when you put Feeley in there's a totally different "feel" to it. Feeley feels (jeesh) like he's the new QB for good rather than a stopgap, which takes the pressure off him. And I haven't seen any quotes from DW this week that indicate that Feeley will have any longer a leash than Fiedler had Saturday. That's not a good sign.

shouright said:
Or the precedent for ANYBODY else on the team who's starting. And I think Jay was pulled in a panic because DW has stuck with him longer in the past even with similar mistakes. Sure we may not have had a Feeley on the bench back then, but if you're gonna pull the guy after 2 INTs when we're down only 7-0, you should've started Feeley in the first place.

This is just DW trying to save his job again and destroying team morale in the process. Nobody wants a panicky coach, especially when the motivation is saving his OWN job rather than loyalty to his players. The players have a better QB now, but at what cost? This is similar to the Ricky situation -- his decision might've been a good one, but it's HOW he made his decision that hurt everybody.
It was NOT just a matter of TWO INT's it was a complete lack of effectiveness. A QB passer rating of EIGHT POINT ZERO ! ! ! :fire:

marinotoclayton said:
Borderline or not there isn't a need for it. And i did see the revise.

If you don't want to accept my apology and want to discuss what I wrote, fine. I think so-called fans is clearly NOT name calling. That leaves degenerate as what I called borderline name calling. The applicable definition is, "Having fallen to an inferior or undesirable state, especially in mental or moral qualities." By that definition, I don't think we're looking at name calling. I'm stand by the statement that a fan who doesn't root for our starting QB is an undesirable fan. I am aware, though, that degenerate also means "A depraved, corrupt, or vicious person." I would call that name calling. I am aware that the vagueness of the term and in how I used it could support the conclusion that I was shooting for the second definition, so I edited and clarified.

As for the games Huard won I believe he was like . 6-2 or 7-1. I would have to check. On those. But if my memory serves me. I remember Huard winning games at Indy I believe and the Patsies also.

That would be the 2000 game, which is why it wasn't in my discussion of 1999. Huard was 1-1 in 2000 (win vs. the Colts and embarassing loss against the Jets). He was 5-2 in 1999, which included several games of the creampuff sort (last place teams like Philadelphia and New England times two).

anyways this is getting way past the point of this .

Fair enough.

The point was Fiedler and him staying in the stupid game. Which is a moot point because Fiedler is on the bench where he belongs.

It certainly is moot to the team, but it isn't moot to the question raised by the original entry in this topic.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I don't think Dave panicd. The only thing I see is Dave was embarressed by his choice. Jay Fiedler came out and made some bad decisions that resulted in turnovers at horrible times. I know there is not a good time for a turnover, however getting a drive going and then throwing an interception in the endzone. Then throwing an interception after a key fumble recovery is just not good.
So if he was embarrassed by his choice, then that means he was thinking about himself instead of his players. That's the problem here. As soon as the players start thinking, "man, this guy doesn't care about US -- he's just trying to save his job," this team is going to deteriorate quick.

shouright said:
It's not that he did it, it's HOW he did it. He didn't give Fiedler a chance to redeem himself first. Some people ARE damned if they do and damned if they don't because they don't know how to do many things right. DW is one of them.
Maybe a fumble and two INTs in the span of four snaps was more than he could take.

Back
Top Bottom