Give Fiedler a Chance? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give Fiedler a Chance?

Jester365 said:
It was NOT just a matter of TWO INT's it was a complete lack of effectiveness. A QB passer rating of EIGHT POINT ZERO ! ! ! :fire:
I'm with you there bud. I thought his performance absolutely stunk. If it's a rookie QB or a guy with no track record here, you yank him immediately. Fiedler on the other hand should've been given a series to redeem himself based on what he's done here.

Jester365 said:
It was NOT just a matter of TWO INT's it was a complete lack of effectiveness. A QB passer rating of EIGHT POINT ZERO ! ! ! :fire:

It's a terrible half. It happens. I don't think any of us are suggesting it was anything other than a terrible half.

See thats the thing. Some people are not gonna be happy with Wanny until he calls them up personally and asks them: " Hey uh from a quarterback standpoint I was thinking of going with Feeley this week. What do you think? Oh yeah and I was thinking being Martin ran for 196 yards last week maybe we should run Gordon 50 times. Is that ok with you.

Everything is hindsight. If Feeley had brought us back to a win people would be saying that he done the right thing, IMO he did. The team was stale. They were not doing nothing. When A.J came in if you didn't see a boost in the O somethings wrong. I am not saying that A.J is going to be the next Dan by no means, but he does bring excitement and fire to an offense that needs it through all the scrutiny the media and some fans have put them through. It was like when he threw the pass to McMike and McMike signaled first down you could see it in Feeley as he was walking up to the huddle pointing his hand forward saying " THAT'S A FIRST DOWN" in REAL excitement. If the players were not pumped something was wrong because I was and I watched it on tape delay.

People are never gonna be happy until they are running the team.

inFINSible said:
Wanny FINALLY gets mad AT a PLAYER....BENCHES him for POOR PLAY.....and there are still fans that are upset about it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm upset about it. I think the way it was handled was a mistake. That is the issue here. We have discussed the bigger issue many times over the past few days, and I have made it quite clear I support AJ and don't want to see him yanked for something as insignificant as a terrible half of football.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Maybe, but he put himself in that position. I have no sympathy for him there.

No wonder he ignores everybody and just does what he wants.

That is the most admirable quality that DW has if you ask me. If he made the right decisions more often, we would hail him as a great leader.

shouright said:
I'm with you there bud. I thought his performance absolutely stunk. If it's a rookie QB or a guy with no track record here, you yank him immediately. Fiedler on the other hand should've been given a series to redeem himself based on what he's done here.
If Jay was running for his life out there and making these same mistakes, there might be some redeemable quality yet untapped but, he simply made the same old mistakes he always makes, while benefiting from adequate protection.

Nothing that he's done here says he deserves another chance after that.

shouright said:
I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion. Don't get me wrong -- I LOVE AJ Feeley. But I do think Fiedler should've been given one series in the 2nd half last weekend to regroup and atone for his mistakes. If he blunders on that drive, yank him immediately, but at least give him the chance to make up for his mistakes.

We were only down 7-0 -- it wasn't time to hit the panic button. Part of my thinking is that Fiedler has brought us back in games in which OTHER people's mistakes put us behind -- he should at least be given the chance to make up for his OWN mistakes.

The reason I feel strongly about this is because of the message it sends the team in general. I don't want guys playing on eggshells thinking they'll be yanked after one HALF of mistakes when their coach pushes the panic button.

We need these guys playing aggressively, not on eggshells. And we need them to know they'll be given a chance to right their wrongs. Feeley is the better QB, no doubt, but this is a team, not just a QB.
I agree completely when you say that we were only down 7-0, andand Jay should have been given the opportunity to bring us back as he has done so many times. However I disagree with your assesment that Feeley is a much better QB. He has not done anything except for play 8 college games, be a 3rd stringer for a while, and throw a pick for a t.d. once he did get in the game.

jesusfreak26 said:
See thats the thing. Some people are not gonna be happy with Wanny until he calls them up personally and asks them: " Hey uh from a quarterback standpoint I was thinking of going with Feeley this week. What do you think? Oh yeah and I was thinking being Martin ran for 196 yards last week maybe we should run Gordon 50 times. Is that ok with you.

Everything is hindsight. If Feeley had brought us back to a win people would be saying that he done the right thing, IMO he did. The team was stale. They were not doing nothing. When A.J came in if you didn't see a boost in the O somethings wrong. I am not saying that A.J is going to be the next Dan by no means, but he does bring excitement and fire to an offense that needs it through all the scrutiny the media and some fans have put them through. It was like when he threw the pass to McMike and McMike signaled first down you could see it in Feeley as he was walking up to the huddle pointing his hand forward saying " THAT'S A FIRST DOWN" in REAL excitement. If the players were not pumped something was wrong because I was and I watched it on tape delay.

People are never gonna be happy until they are running the team.
I wouldn't have been happy about the decision even if Feeley won the game for us in the 2nd half. The lack of principles and integrity with the players still would've been there, and the players would've known it deep down even as they were celebrating the win.

A lot of people are feeling like they'd trade this loss for Feeley starting the rest of the year. Likewise, I'd trade one loss based on loyalty to a player for a whole season worth of my players feeling like I have principles and integrity with them.

I can see it . Some people will be calling for Feely's head and want JF to come back when Feely faces a dominant D and gets owned. It's happened before.

inFINSible said:
If Jay was running for his life out there and making these same mistakes, there might be some redeemable quality yet untapped but, he simply made the same old mistakes he always makes, while benefiting from adequate protection.

Nothing that he's done here says he deserves another chance after that.
How about diving into the end zone to win the Raiders game a couple years ago? How about the Dallas game last year? How about just his record alone here? You can't tell me Fiedler hasn't won games for us. Sure he's been a mess too, but he's got the grit and determination to redeem himself after a 1st half performance like that. He should've been given one series to use it.

Lawrence said:
I agree completely when you say that we were only down 7-0, andand Jay should have been given the opportunity to bring us back as he has done so many times. However I disagree with your assesment that Feeley is a much better QB. He has not done anything except for play 8 college games, be a 3rd stringer for a while, and throw a pick for a t.d. once he did get in the game.

Why do you keep forgetting the one touchdown throw Feeley had, which was one more than Fiedler?

Sorry, I got in on this late, folks, but one fact says it all for me: in one series of four plays, Jay threw two interceptions and fumbled once.

There is no reason to let that continue.

shouright said:
How about diving into the end zone to win the Raiders game a couple years ago? How about the Dallas game last year? How about just his record alone here? You can't tell me Fiedler hasn't won games for us. Sure he's been a mess too, but he's got the grit and determination to redeem himself after a 1st half performance like that. He should've been given one series to use it.
Nope, I'm sorry but, after 4 years and a half a game, when you still do things like turn the ball over in the red zone, fumble, and throw to a WR who is triple covered while two are wide open, it's obvious that your heroics are nothing more than luck or wind direction.

It's about time we stopped playing with our fingers crossed.

shouright said:
I wouldn't have been happy about the decision even if Feeley won the game for us in the 2nd half. The lack of principles and integrity with the players still would've been there, and the players would've known it deep down even as they were celebrating the win.

A lot of people are feeling like they'd trade this loss for Feeley starting the rest of the year. Likewise, I'd trade one loss based on loyalty to a player for a whole season worth of my players feeling like I have principles and integrity with them.

See I for one have said that I wanted the best man to start. I said I was totally behind Wanny's decision one way or the other. I do have to say that they have shown loyalty to Jay for the last 4 years. I am not gonna argue wether it was a bad decision to pull him or not. IMO it was the right thing to do. I did not see the game until tape delay but even the radio announcers were saying that you could just see it on Jay's face, he was clearly rattled. After watching the tape he was. They also said you could see it on the players face and you could. I believe that is why they pulled him and I think it was the right thing to do. I have supported Jay for 4 years and if he was the starting Qb right now I would continue to support him and I will continue to support him, even if he is holding a clipboard because he is still apart of this team.

However I do think it is time for a change. I love Jay's heart and his will to win but that clearly is not enough for this team to win. They need someone who can make the plays in the passing game and Jay can't and maybe A.J can't. A.J has shown me in his little time here that I think he can but I think we will see this week. I agree with people on here to though that I don't think we need to be playing musical QB's. Wanny needs to put the guy in there and let him be the guy.

Justasportsfan said:
I can see it . Some people will calling for Feely's head and want JF to come back when Feely faces a dominant D and gets owned. It's happened before.

I agree you can't please everyone. Everybody knows A.J is inexperienced I say let the kid play and deal with it.

jesusfreak26 said:
See I for one have said that I wanted the best man to start. I said I was totally behind Wanny's decision one way or the other. I do have to say that they have shown loyalty to Jay for the last 4 years. I am not gonna argue wether it was a bad decision to pull him or not. IMO it was the right thing to do. I did not see the game until tape delay but even the radio announcers were saying that you could just see it on Jay's face, he was clearly rattled. After watching the tape he was. They also said you could see it on the players face and you could. I believe that is why they pulled him and I think it was the right thing to do. I have supported Jay for 4 years and if he was the starting Qb right now I would continue to support him and I will continue to support him, even if he is holding a clipboard because he is still apart of this team.

However I do think it is time for a change. I love Jay's heart and his will to win but that clearly is not enough for this team to win. They need someone who can make the plays in the passing game and Jay can't and maybe A.J can't. A.J has shown me in his little time here that I think he can but I think we will see this week. I agree with people on here to though that I don't think we need to be playing musical QB's. Wanny needs to put the guy in there and let him be the guy.
The problem is how it was done. DW talks like he's not rattled and then makes decisions like he IS. It's no wonder the players tune him out and "think he's a joke" (Ricky). He talks like Pollyanna and makes decisions like a nervous wreck.

Back
Top Bottom