GM/Head Coach Candidates | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM/Head Coach Candidates

Here's an interesting analysis of GM grades for all the teams in case anyone was wondering how Grier stacks up against the others (in this writers eyes):

If you dont feel like clicking, its #16 smack dab in the middle.

Screenshot_20211014-172208_Samsung Internet.jpg

This one hurts

We need a coach who's an OC because then we'll know who's running our offense. The OC that coach hires will what he's told by the HC.
We can never trust a DC guy to find an OC.
The problem is, that OC that we hire for HC cant just be some other offensive HC's lackey. You know, like Philbin.
AND the HC we hire Has to be a 'leader of men'.

This wont be easy. To get the offensive mind HC we want, we're gonna have to let him do most of the player acquisition, IMO. Power is the only thing Miami can offer a good coach. Grier needs to be be GONE! And that new coach will have to have carte blanche control.

Well, I'm not in favor of firing Flores just yet. But, he has continued to miss on the offensive side so I am concerned.

Five games into the season and Miami looks like one of the worst teams. Then again, let's see what happens when Tua comes back.

If the Dolphins make a move, I'd go for an offensive mind. Brady, Peterson etc. Have to give Tua every chance to succeed and the game is just so heavily geared towards the offense.

Not sure what happened with Peterson in Philly, but that team looked really good under his charge early, including the SB title.

Brady hasn't been a HC, but his LSU system was so quarterback friendly.

If it's GM and coach, I like the idea of Ozzie Newsome but doubt he'd want to come back. Jimmy Johnson as GM on a short contract?

If we were to offer Peyton a promotion, do we have to trade for him? Like Head of Football Operations, where he selects the coach and GM? Does it work the same way like with promoting a coordinator?

Shula came from a winning team. Go get the coach and management we want. No more half measures.
Since coaching and management are 1/2 the team system, then asking for this "1/2 measure" and then stating "No more half measures" contradicts your 1st statement.

Don't you ever read what you write?

What's worse, this is a known recipe for stopping a teams growth.

Teams do this all the times without success - reference my post on the "Browns rebuild" and look at the number of coaching changes that were made before they had winning seasons! They had 4 different coaches from 2014 to 2021 - that averages out to be a new HC every 2 years yielding only one winning season from 2014 to 2020, this year has yet to be determined for the Browns and as a matter of interest, for us!

Oh, by the way, the Browns have had only 3 winning seasons since 1999 - now there is a team whiners should be able to "get behind" and help guide to victory - LOL

Start analyzing and quit your meaningless whining, especially when you contradict yourself in your first two sentences!

No, it doesn't look good!

Since coaching and management are 1/2 the team system, then asking for this "1/2 measure" and then stating "No more half measures" contradicts your 1st statement.

Don't you ever read what you write?

What's worse, this is a known recipe for stopping a teams growth.

Teams do this all the times without success - reference my post on the "Browns rebuild" and look at the number of coaching changes that were made before they had winning seasons! They had 4 different coaches from 2014 to 2021 - that averages out to be a new HC every 2 years yielding only one winning season from 2014 to 2020, this year has yet to be determined for the Browns and as a matter of interest, for us!

Oh, by the way, the Browns have had only 3 winning seasons since 1999 - now there is a team whiners should be able to "get behind" and help guide to victory - LOL

Start analyzing and quit your meaningless whining, especially when you contradict yourself in your first two sentences!

No, it doesn't look good!

Whining? What are you talking about? Are you over caffeinated? And cut the condescending crap if you want to actually discuss something. Otherwise, the ignore feature should be your friend.

No more half measures comes from the current owners propensity to fire either one or the other of the GM/Head Coach. And on top of that, half stepping by going and hiring another first timer at either HC or GM is flat out a mistake. Act like a billionaire and go buy exactly what you want.

Shula was hired in 1970 after the Dolphins gave up a first round draft pick to the Baltimore Colts. I would have zero issue with going after Sean Payton and getting whatever GM would work well with him. Payton has the chops to be able to hire a competent staff and we would stop being out coached on Sundays like we do now.

Unless Flores turns this around, he and his buddy Grier should be tossed out on their heads. And there are plenty of warning flags with Flores being massively in over his head. The most glaring is the offensive/defensive staff (primarily offensive staff) turnover that is a yearly occurrence.

Back
Top Bottom