GM/Head Coach Candidates | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM/Head Coach Candidates

Yes, but the relationship between Shula and Rosenbloom was the reason that happened. With the Colts being heavy favorites and the Jets beating them in the Super Bowl ticked Rosenbloom off and he blamed Shula for it so he traded him to the Dolphins. Don't see that in NO.
There were some issues a couple of years back in NO. Don’t have time dig it up. Everything has a price.

The reason you wait: Tua.

No reason to throw in the towel and fire Flores. Grier on the other hand I’m ok with dumping. Honestly it doesn’t make enough sense for me to do it right now. I’m just letting Grier know he can’t make any trades without owners approval.

You have no one to turn the reigns over too, on the coaching staff.

Things have set up nicely for Tua to be a savior. Maybe that happens? Maybe they (Ross) just give him a chance to save everyone’s job.

Nope, we will just to have to endure a little while longer. This sucks.
I think they’ll get the rest of the season.

I never perceived this thread as suggesting this is happening now?

I think they’ll get the rest of the season.

I never perceived this thread as suggesting this is happening now?
The way I expect things to go, no one will get fired till season's end. Since we have an easy schedule now, I expect stats to be padded, including wins. But, but, BUT, if we lose today to the Jags, Ross might start firing early.

I think we need a czar who will help Flores get this offensive **** sorted
Flores can’t get the defense sorted out either?

His issues, apparently including communication with players…is too much to let this disaster continue!

While we still have a young team and some assets, follow the Browns model and reboot the entire GM/Head Coach management!

The way I expect things to go, no one will get fired till season's end. Since we have an easy schedule now, I expect stats to be padded, including wins. But, but, BUT, if we lose today to the Jags, Ross might start firing early.
If they can flip this back around and win 10 games? And show clear progress they could save their jobs, I don’t see that happening though….too much dysfunction and I really don’t want Grier picking any more players (or Flores for that matter).

I’m getting a perception that players aren’t excited to play here…and this issue goes back to Minkah!

Last edited:
If they can flip this back around and win 10 games? And show clear progress they could save their jobs, I don’t see that happening though….too much dysfunction and I really don’t want Grier picking any more players (or Flores for that matter).

I’m getting a perception that players aren’t excited to play here…and this issue goes back to Minkah!
Mike Shula !

I want someone with success at the head coaching level. If we get a college guy, give me someone that doesn't get the top recruits every year but has been successful, someone that turned a program around. Someone else mentioned Luke Fickell at Cincinnati. Maybe not him, but someone like that if we go the college route.

I haven’t been following this thread up until now but I want to throw my hat in for Kevin O’Connell, OC of the Rams, for the head coaching job. He made Goff look like a competent QB more often than should have been possible. Having worked under McVay I would hope he knows how to really put his QB and his offense in a position to win. Plus he has a good connection with the Rams coaches and could bring over some defensive minds that have come up in that system.

The guy is a real offensive genius. He puts his players in position to have success. His play calling is as good as there is. We need a good, solid GM, and together let these guys build a winner. Bring in Marino and let him and Moore make the next choice at QB. Hire a strong, veteran DC, who isn't interested in a HC position, and he can have input on the defensive draft choices.

The guy is a real offensive genius. He puts his players in position to have success. His play calling is as good as there is. We need a good, solid GM, and together let these guys build a winner. Bring in Marino and let him and Moore make the next choice at QB. Hire a strong, veteran DC, who isn't interested in a HC position, and he can have input on the defensive draft choices.

Back
Top Bottom