GM Jason Licht looking dumber by the week with the McCown signing(Hickey Related) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM Jason Licht looking dumber by the week with the McCown signing(Hickey Related)

Its interesting that the Bucs were on a lot of shortlists to be the big breakout team this year. That looks like a swing an a miss.

Cant hate on Licht too much, Lovie got that job to be a football czar.

Now why would any ownership give Lovie Smith czar authority is beyond me.

In fact the czar approach really isn't working anywhere outside of NE.

It's not really working in NE aside from the fact that Tom Brady is a first ballot Hall of Famer and still playing like one most of the time.

Things to remember with the Bucs...

1.Jeff Tedford is not medically cleared yet to be at the games so instead of their OC, they have an under qualified QB coach calling plays.

2.The Bucs have a lot of injuries including being without 5 defensive starters.

3.Before the Matty Ice slurping starts up again, he looked good, but the Falcons have 3 rushing TDs, a Pick 6, and a ST TD. Again not taking anything away from Ryan throwing 3 TDs as he looked great. But if we're going to repent every move we didn't make ya'll are gonna be more miserable than you should be.

1.Jeff Tedford is not medically cleared yet to be at the games so instead of their OC, they have an under qualified QB coach calling plays.

3.Before the Matty Ice slurping starts up again, he looked good, but the Falcons have 3 rushing TDs, a Pick 6, and a ST TD. Again not taking anything away from Ryan throwing 3 TDs as he looked great. But if we're going to repent every move we didn't make ya'll are gonna be more miserable than you should be.

Doesn't matter who the OC is. McCown is terrible. And Matt given time is a top 10 QB. And yes, he was a better pick than Long. Period.

There is a lot more that happened in this game than just the Bucs QB situation. A heap of **** more. That's no crutch offered for McCown, just a blatant observation.

Also, just a few days ago he was 24/44 with a 5.3 average 3 ints and a 26.9 QBR

I can't get over how ****ty those Bucs uniforms are.

Nike might be the worst thing that's ever happened to football.

Doesn't matter who the OC is. McCown is terrible. And Matt given time is a top 10 QB. And yes, he was a better pick than Long. Period.

Hindsight sure, but again, why don't we hear people bitching about taking Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers? And Matty Ice does a good job of putting the ball in an area his WRs can make a play on the ball. But I'm also trying to stay right in the middle. Matty has played 2 bad defenses and looked great and one good defense and looked awful. Am I comparing him to Ryan Tannehill or putting him down? No since we have enough guys to do both, but it's looking more and more that this season will more than likely be a week-to-week season if that makes sense.

And we'll have to agree to disagree on whose calling plays not making a difference especially if the guy calling the plays is in over his head.

I'm watching Auburn/K-State so I don't know what's going on in that game, but McCown was pretty dang good for the Bears last season. That wasn't a bad free agent signing for the Bucs.

I certainly wonder how much of the Bucs' struggle is on coaching because that team does have talent...

Marc Trestman is a QB genius, think he deserves more credit than McCown who is by all measures an average QB at best.

I don't know why those fruitloops keep touting their expertise over Melt Ryan anyway. A lot of us wanted the most recent SuperBowl champ and you don't see us gloating about it (and this post doesn't count).

I don't know why those fruitloops keep touting their expertise over Melt Ryan anyway. A lot of us wanted the most recent SuperBowl champ and you don't see us gloating about it (and this post doesn't count).

Oh I was one of them. I said a couple times that if Wilson was 6'1 or 6'2 he would have been competing with Luck for number 1 overall.

That was for an offensive minded coach in Marc Trestman and a team who has a lot more offensive weapons. I don't think any QB has done well in Lovie Smith's offenses.

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

I wish we had Julio Jones.

Matt Ryan without all his weapons...well we saw what happened last year...3-13 was it?

One of those TD passes to Julio was so off-target that Jones had to do some acrobatics to get to the ball. It goes to show what an elite WR can do for a QB. Noone would be whining about Tannehill's inaccuracy with Julio Jones bailing him out like he does for M. Ryan.

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

I can't get over how ****ty those Bucs uniforms are.

Nike might be the worst thing that's ever happened to football.

They are quite possibly the worst uniforms of any team in any sport on any level, including peewee football. Just hideous from top to bottom. I have no idea how those things were approved.

Josh Mccown was amazing last year in the absence of Jay Cutler. There were even fans begging for him to start when Cutler came back. I think there is more wrong with this team than the QB

what a terrible signing by the GM and terrible move to start him over Glennon.

I remember when people got mad when he didn't wait for our offer to him for the GM position.

guess its not all bad for Dolphins fan's

Yeah, McCown was actually really dang good last season in spot duty for Jay Cutler.

Back
Top Bottom