GM Jason Licht looking dumber by the week with the McCown signing(Hickey Related) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GM Jason Licht looking dumber by the week with the McCown signing(Hickey Related)

GM Jason Licht looking dumber by the week with the McCown signing(Hickey Rela...

Don't get all the finheaven hate for Matt Ryan. People on here don't really think Tannehill is better than guys like Ryan and Dalton do they? I mean that can't be real, can it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of those TD passes to Julio was so off-target that Jones had to do some acrobatics to get to the ball. It goes to show what an elite WR can do for a QB. Noone would be whining about Tannehill's inaccuracy with Julio Jones bailing him out like he does for M. Ryan.

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

They are quite possibly the worst uniforms of any team in any sport on any level, including peewee football. Just hideous from top to bottom. I have no idea how those things were approved.

Tannehill doesn't have a guy who is likely to make that play, but it was a good throw - away from the D, in an area where his guy can make a play on the ball.

only buc that should pick up a pay check today is lavonte david...which doesnt surprise me...top 25 grade when he came out...that is what an instinctual lb with every down speed and range is suppose to look like...great awareness in zone thus the tipped ball outstanding instincts across the board terrific man coverage will backer...playmaker

makes ryan shazier when you look at the actual lb play look like chump change...but so does cj mosley who's WAY more assignment sound and much better in coverage zone or man...

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get all the finheaven hate for Matt Ryan. People on here don't really think Tannehill is better than guys like Ryan and Dalton do they? I mean that can't be real, can it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No it's just some posters bring up Matty Ice every chance they get and it gets really damn annoying

As frustrating as it is to be a Dolphin fan sometimes...at least it's been a while since we've had to endure an epic meltdown like the one these Bucs are having. I've called all of my Tampa Bay friends. Not one phone call answered.

1-15 season was a meltdown... then picking a LT with the first overall pick.. Tampa at least has won a Superbowl recently...

Its interesting that the Bucs were on a lot of shortlists to be the big breakout team this year. That looks like a swing an a miss.

Cant hate on Licht too much, Lovie got that job to be a football czar.

Now why would any ownership give Lovie Smith czar authority is beyond me.

In fact the czar approach really isn't working anywhere outside of NE.
It's not really working in NE either. Belichick has had some awful drafts and Brady is at a point in his career where he can't carry the team on his back anymore. If they don't start getting him some weapons to throw to he won't be there much longer. He's last in the league in yards per attempt.

only buc that should pick up a pay check today is lavonte david...which doesnt surprise me...top 25 grade when he came out...that is what an instinctual lb with every down speed and range is suppose to look like...great awareness in zone thus the tipped ball outstanding instincts across the board terrific man coverage will backer...playmaker

makes ryan shazier when you look at the actual lb play look like chump change...but so does cj mosley who's WAY more assignment sound and much better in coverage zone or man...
Have you written off Ryan Shazier after 3 NFL games? I expect him to be a success.

Watching that Steelers/Ravens game I had completely forgotten Mosley was a Raven until he picked up that fumble. There are positions where not having your name mentioned is a good thing, LBer is not one of them. If Tripp gets some significant playing time Sunday I think you're going to hear his name quite often.

Have you written off Ryan Shazier after 3 NFL games? I expect him to be a success.

nah...but i dont think the guys got instincts for lb...and the difference makers all do...maybe it comes in time...but was not a chance i was willing to take in the top 20...the athlete helps mask a lot of his current deficiencies...but he better get a better feel for playing the position...

his game reminds me of our own mccains although shazier has a little better feel for off the los right now...you can tell though those guys are most comfortable at the los and attacking...there's so much more to playing an every down lb than that though...run and chase guys and pretty much all post snap reactionary

mosleys much more dependable and assignment sound...much more fundamentally sound also...he'd be helping us something serious in our lb core i know that much...

It's not really working in NE either. Belichick has had some awful drafts and Brady is at a point in his career where he can't carry the team on his back anymore. If they don't start getting him some weapons to throw to he won't be there much longer. He's last in the league in yards per attempt.

wouldnt shock me if after this season brady is playing somewhere else...i doubt he will play for the pats for that $9 mil number i think it is in 2015...i will say one thing the pats once again made the right call letting mankins go when they did...he looks last leggish in tampa

pats may well move on to garapolo in 2015...just my read on it

I think T.J. Yates got more yards than McCown, and he only completed 3 passes.
Talk about a plan of rollin' with the vet you trusted, completely blowing up in your face.

I'm watching Auburn/K-State so I don't know what's going on in that game, but McCown was pretty dang good for the Bears last season. That wasn't a bad free agent signing for the Bucs.

I certainly wonder how much of the Bucs' struggle is on coaching because that team does have talent...

Really? Outside of Martin, VJ, Evans, McCoy, Michael Johnson and Lavante David who is talented?

Lovie Smith and Jason Licht were too busy reading PFF articles this off-season to actually watch film on the signings they made. I hate PFF, but read their free agency preview this off-season. They had really high marks on Josh McCown, Anthony Collins, Evan Dietrich-Smith, and Alterraun Verner. Verner got burnt for 46 yards by Eric Weems in press coverage, a career special teamer who caught 1 pass last year. Dietrich--Smith snapped the ball into his own ass. McCown has a quarterback rating of 65.8.

The only good signing they made was paying Michael Johnson too much money. At least they made the right pick with Mike Evans at #7. The question is, do they draft Winston or Mariota? Cus this team is actually worse than the Raiders.

wouldnt shock me if after this season brady is playing somewhere else...i doubt he will play for the pats for that $9 mil number i think it is in 2015...i will say one thing the pats once again made the right call letting mankins go when they did...he looks last leggish in tampa

pats may well move on to garapolo in 2015...just my read on it

Brady's cap #'s for duration of contract

2015:13 million 2016: 14 million 2017: 15 million

With Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, and Colin Kaepernick making more than that I highly doubt he moves on from Brady with the contract the way it is. However, I could see BB lowballing him in 2018. Or Brady just flat out retiring as a Patriot.

Brady's cap #'s for duration of contract

2015:13 million 2016: 14 million 2017: 15 million

With Andy Dalton, Alex Smith, and Colin Kaepernick making more than that I highly doubt he moves on from Brady with the contract the way it is. However, I could see BB lowballing him in 2018. Or Brady just flat out retiring as a Patriot.

well i got some stuff about him playing at a $9 mil number next year and it being the last year of his deal or something...guess i will have to check into that...i still think he's gone pretty soon...i think it was he has an out clause or something after this year or next...again will have to look into it

mike evans is overrated b/t...especially if they call all that college pushing off and ripping thru to create space stuff in the nfl

Back
Top Bottom