Go for the jugular... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go for the jugular...

NBP81

Its what you know for sure... that just aint so...
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
The Fins arent very likely to play for draft position next time around, with all the assets and cap space they have. And I havent started talking about coahing yet, which has been nothing short of impressive in the 2nd half of the season. With that in mind, unless Grier is completely inept at finding talent, the Fins floor next season is most probably the same as it has been for the las 2 decades.... 7-9.

It doesnt have to be, they just need to focus on one area and be consistent with it. Build a solid passing environement, and double down. I say double down as in, you are not going to be ****ed because of an injury, you are not going to be ****ed by a holding penalty. Just write "this off-season is about building a solid passing environement" on the walls. Tell it to you scouts, your GM, everyone!

Build a solid passing environement, and the playoffs arent out of the question.

The assets are there to build a great offense right next season if they play their cards right. If they decide to splatter those asset all over the place for overall incremental small gains, then it'll be just same old same old.

Parley that good coaching staff with a weapon, dont try and merely provide it with a shield for once. Just go for it!

I'm not clear what you are advocating for?

Almost everyone agrees that the Oline must be not just patched, but fixed once and for all.

We have several receivers that, for the most part, are reliable and have upside, and we can only roster a certain number. Not saying we couldn't use a dominant guy, but that's easier said, than done.

I have absolutely no doubt that we address the RB, and TE positions one way or another.

That leaves the QB position, and I doubt any available rookie starts day/year one in this sysem.

What, specifically, are you proposing?

Im proposing that the Fins take a focused approach on a specific aspect of the team and make it a strenght in one off season. Make the passing offense great, build the OL and its depth, build the WRs unit with solid guys. Make the passing offense the priority.

I'm down with focus on the O this draft -- we need edge pressure via FA and some OL.

But RB WR OL certainly need to be considerations in R1.

Maybe (I know many will disagree) hold off on QB until R2

maybe even R3. I'm just not ready to give up on Rosen and

Fitz deserves the opportunity to lead the O with some seriously

upgraded talent.

We gutted our roster, traded our brightest young stars, yet we still ended up just 2 wins less than what we did in 2018, no reason at all why we can't make a playoff run next year. And I agree with you completely that starts with the O.

Maybe (I know many will disagree) hold off on QB until R2

maybe even R3. I'm just not ready to give up on Rosen
I do disagree, the QB position is just too damn important to ignore it because of Rosen.

Its not about giving up on Rosen, its about not giving up on the QB position until you are positive that you have it solved.

It’s not unthinkable but highly improbable to turn it around that quickly particularly because the new QB will need time to develop. As good as Fitzpatrick has been, you wouldn’t expect him to drive us to the play offs if he’s the starter next season and a rookie will need more time.

If we mirror how the patriots draft, we’ll build the OL in the mid rounds on day 2/3. We just want smart players that don’t commit stupid penalties. Aka the anti-Gase approach... pats always find late round gems doing just that.

If we mirror how the patriots draft, we’ll build the OL in the mid rounds on day 2/3. We just want smart players that don’t commit stupid penalties. Aka the anti-Gase approach... pats always find late round gems doing just that.
The Fins CANNOT mirror how the Patriots draft until they have the QB position solved. Apples to oranges

The only problem with this is that the Patriots already had a good line and were only adding to it.

Our line is dreadful.

I'm not opposed to going to a strategy like this... AFTER we have a base line that isn't awful.

Back
Top Bottom