Go for the jugular... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go for the jugular...

Correct, which is why we’d take Tua first imo
Im not a talent evaluator, seriously I dont know **** about college football. But based on people's opinion's I trust yes, he's the guy I want. But the main point here is that I want the Fins to come out of this draft with a QB thats the best possible option for them. I dont care if they miss, they just cant afford to not try.

The only problem with this is that the Patriots already had a good line and were only adding to it.

Our line is dreadful.

I'm not opposed to going to a strategy like this... AFTER we have a base line that isn't awful.
Free agency should be where we look for OL the most imo. Or trade for a guy that they know will be a scheme fit and was not used properly with another squad.

Im not a talent evaluator, seriously I dont know **** about college football. But based on people's opinion's I trust yes, he's the guy I want. But the main point here is that I want the Fins to come out of this draft with a QB thats the best possible option for them. I dont care if they miss, they just cant afford to not try.
Tua is the real deal if his medicals check out. He doesn’t have an arm like Fabre or Mahomes, but he’s got a pretty darn good one. Plays smart football. Would be an awesome pick.

Free agency should be where we look for OL the most imo. Or trade for a guy that they know will be a scheme fit and was not used properly with another squad.

FA Tackles are EXTREMELY expensive. Look at what Denver gave James.

I understand that you'd like to go this route, but with respect... I dont think the talent level is there... or reasonably priced.

The Fins CANNOT mirror how the Patriots draft until they have the QB position solved. Apples to oranges

See...I know this is fundamentally correct. And I’m not even going to suggest anything counter to this.

But...more than once today, I said to myself, “This is the best the Dolphins have been all year. What would happen if they drafted a QB in the 1st, let him sit a year behind Fitz, and built a solid run game with OL and RB through FA/Draft? What might this team do next year?

BTW... just looked it up.

James got 4 years and 51 million as an average and injury prone RT.

See...I know this is fundamentally correct. And I’m not even going to suggest anything counter to this.

But...more than once today, I said to myself, “This is the best the Dolphins have been all year. What would happen if they drafted a QB in the 1st, let him sit a year behind Fitz, and built a solid run game with OL and RB through FA/Draft? What might this team do next year?
Trust me, I've always been the old school type who'd really like to see the running game making a comeback. But thats just not how it works anymore, I've spent countless hours researching this to make a point, and always ended up proving myself wrong. Its all about the passing game nowadays...

FA Tackles are EXTREMELY expensive. Look at what Denver gave James.

I understand that you'd like to go this route, but with respect... I dont think the talent level is there... or reasonably priced.
Depends. We’ve got money to burn, so that’s where we should turn to first, then draft mid rounds. Like I said there’s undeveloped Trent Browns out there, just have to find them. Wouldn’t be surprised one bit if we paid Joe Thuney and he’s our first signing come legal tampering period, granted he’s interior. Can play multiple positions, former Pat. Easy to connect the dots.

Most teams that have really good OL's have to pay for them (draft capital or salary). It's a gamble to try to fill your line with guys who need significant development or have significant limitations. Ideally, you have someone better starting in front of developmental players, and if they do develop, you can move on from the more-expensive player. Miami can probably afford to be a little more patient, because there's a real chance the new franchise guy won't start until 2021. So, they could potentially afford to cheap some positions in 2020 and always find better replacements in 2021 if the cheaper options don't work out. Good idea to lockdown OT and C in 2020, though.

Thuney is the guy I really want. As I've said before, normally I wouldn't pay a Guard the kind of money that he will get, but he'd fix the interior of our line while we look for star Tackles in this Tackle-studded draft.

The Fins arent very likely to play for draft position next time around, with all the assets and cap space they have. And I havent started talking about coahing yet, which has been nothing short of impressive in the 2nd half of the season. With that in mind, unless Grier is completely inept at finding talent, the Fins floor next season is most probably the same as it has been for the las 2 decades.... 7-9.

It doesnt have to be, they just need to focus on one area and be consistent with it. Build a solid passing environement, and double down. I say double down as in, you are not going to be ****ed because of an injury, you are not going to be ****ed by a holding penalty. Just write "this off-season is about building a solid passing environement" on the walls. Tell it to you scouts, your GM, everyone!

Build a solid passing environement, and the playoffs arent out of the question.

The assets are there to build a great offense right next season if they play their cards right. If they decide to splatter those asset all over the place for overall incremental small gains, then it'll be just same old same old.

Parley that good coaching staff with a weapon, dont try and merely provide it with a shield for once. Just go for it!

I say throw picks at OL, QB, and defensive players. we have Gesicki, Williams, Ford and DVP.

RB is the last position to fill.

Most teams that have really good OL's have to pay for them (draft capital or salary). It's a gamble to try to fill your line with guys who need significant development or have significant limitations. Ideally, you have someone better starting in front of developmental players, and if they do develop, you can move on from the more-expensive player. Miami can probably afford to be a little more patient, because there's a real chance the new franchise guy won't start until 2021. So, they could potentially afford to cheap some positions in 2020 and always find better replacements in 2021 if the cheaper options don't work out. Good idea to lockdown OT and C in 2020, though.

get a G FA and bank on the fact the young pups we have will be working their A S S E S off

because they know the next camp is going to be way more competitive...

The competition factor is huge now that we have a HC players want to play for

and obviously respond too!

Back
Top Bottom