Go Get Cam | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Get Cam

I’ll also add this. I’ve always been a huge Cam Newton fan. I wanted the Dolphins to land him in the draft and he’s been among my favorite non-Dolphins to watch during his career.

But anyone believing he’s the same player he used to be or is capable of lifting any team levels above where their talent level really is surely isn’t living in the current world the rest of us reside in.
Who said anything about that? He is a replacement for Fitztragic. You think tragic can lift anyone?

Cam Newton is a far better option than either Fitzpatrick or Rosen, for a livin’ fact. Don’t be surprised if Newton winds up in Miami, PDF (pretty durn fast).”

It seems the author of that piece, like numerous people on this site, simply choose to picture the MVP version of Cam and not the player he's been more recently. It's name recognition only.
By that logic, MIA should go get Terry Bradshaw or Joe Montana instead because, well, they both were part of 4 Super Bowl winning teams and used to be really good too.

In all seriousness, is it possible that Cam fully heals and returns close to his previous form? Sure. But is there any legit reason to believe it's going to happen?
Why should his name carry more value and respect than his play on the field the past 4 seasons?

Even career wise, the guy has thrown for 4K yards or 25+ TD's exactly one time each during his career. In an era, no less, where QB's routinely achieve those numbers.

Most importantly, his Panthers team's have had a losing record in 6 of the 9 seasons he's played.

What about that screams "go get Cam!" ????

I'm a Cam newton fan and like watching him play. But I'm also objective and can see things for what they are.

It seems the author of that piece, like numerous people on this site, simply choose to picture the MVP version of Cam and not the player he's been more recently. It's name recognition only.
By that logic, MIA should go get Terry Bradshaw or Joe Montana instead because, well, they both were part of 4 Super Bowl winning teams and used to be really good too.

In all seriousness, is it possible that Cam fully heals and returns close to his previous form? Sure. But is there any legit reason to believe it's going to happen?
Why should his name carry more value and respect than his play on the field the past 4 seasons?

Even career wise, the guy has thrown for 4K yards or 25+ TD's exactly one time each during his career. In an era, no less, where QB's routinely achieve those numbers.

Most importantly, his Panthers team's have had a losing record in 6 of the 9 seasons he's played.

I'm a Cam newton fan and like watching him play. But I'm also objective and can see things for what they are.
I just the messenger

Give Cam 2 yr deal. Draft young qb as well. If he out perform his contract.. than u keep him. If not u can release him. That one options..

I'm not a Cam fan, i stated my piece earlier but i will flip it and play the devils advocate. He WAS actually playing somewhat like ProBowl Cam at the start of the 2018 season for the first half til he hurt his shoulder. I dont know if it was cause Ron was worried about his job, had zero faith in backups, or if they thought Cam at 25% was still better than their back-ups, but his ass shouldnt been playing once he jacked up his shoulder. Those are the last memories that most of us guys from Carolina that saw him weekly remember, noodle armed Cam that threw only ducks that couldnt go 20 yards and the defenses knew it. He should've been sitting his ass on the sidelines in khakis, a dress, and scarf, not playing.

It was similiar to 17 or 18 (all the years run together) where RT looked like **** when he came back from injury after starting the season off pretty good. Then he tried playing thru a foot injury last year, so his throwing was off because of the injury and he wasnt remotely a threat to run, i also think after he hurt his shoulder it made him gun shy to run which is one of the things that scared opponents.

I dont like his attitude much, and despite me saying and him appearing to across as a me first player, his teammates always talked about how great of a teammate he was and how even injured he always around to support them, so maybe i just look at it superficially. IF the foot and shoulder are healthy then he could potentially be a good pick up for someone. IF we were a super bowl contender this year i would have no problem with having him and fitz battle it out, but we're not and we need to get our guy this year. I just see Fitz as a better mentor and brain to have around a young QB than Cam.

From 1966-2003, 349-223, 0.66223908918

2004-2019, 108-148, 0.421875

So while Wannsdedt was not liked by many Miami fans, his departure is when Miami started to suck. (When Nick Satan arrived)

Edit: Wait. Wannstedt's last season, we sucked *** until he was fired. 2004 was the season Ricky decided to go smoke pot in India, or something, right before the season started, right?

I don't understand the debate ... every team in the NFL has a less than 60% winning history over the course of their existence...
what's the point of this debate? ... why is it in a Cam Newton thread?

Gailey was brought in to reunite him with Fitz. No way they bring in Cam. They just don't want him. They need to draft their guy in this upcoming draft. No band aides that are past their prime and just playing for a pay check. We need someone who is ascending, someone who's best days are in front of him. It will be Burrow, Tua, Herbert or Love, we'll soon see.

Great synopsis. And I would add, his character is not what Flores and company want. Period.

Back
Top Bottom