Good Morning Football Analysis On Flores | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Morning Football Analysis On Flores

A few takeaways ...

Dude said Flores wasn't a great 'oratator' ... when his job is literally to speak on camera.

The women (I missed everyone's name) said Grier and Flores were "great friends". I know it doesn't matter at this point but I wish I'd stop hearing conflicting stories about this. One second they hardly know each other and the next they're best buds. Which is it?

A few takeaways ...

Dude said Flores wasn't a great 'oratator' ... when his job is literally to speak on camera.

The women (I missed everyone's name) said Grier and Flores were "great friends". I know it doesn't matter at this point but I wish I'd stop hearing conflicting stories about this. One second they hardly know each other and the next they're best buds. Which is it?

They know each other. Not best buds or friends. And that ie a good thing. At least and I hope that means they are on the same page with philosophy. Did he really say oratator? Lol I gotta run that back

They know each other. Not best buds or friends. And that ie a good thing. At least and I hope that means they are on the same page with philosophy. Did he really say oratator? Lol I gotta run that back
Yes, he really said oratator. A new low for Emory University alum, Peter Schrager. However, cool story about Coach Flores walking back to the hotel with his family.

One or even 2 of those guys loves the Dolphins. Take what they say with a grain of salt. I think one said we were the best 3-0 team last year.

"Good Morning Football" and "Analysis" don't belong in the same sentence.

It's basically a little morning talk show focusing on football. It's perfectly titled actually.

I wouldn't take their "analysis" too seriously.

Regardless of whether you like GMFB or not (I preferred the previous show they had in that spot, more newsy and less hip), it is good that they do in fact cover the Dolphins more than any other NFL Network show. Peter Schrager and the dude from the Bachelor both seem to have a soft spot for the Dolphins, which makes this show unique on the NFL Network. In fact, national media only really covers us when there's a scandal, so it is a very welcome surprise.

I don't really care that he can't speak well, lots of people who aren't used to speaking in public repeat stuff a lot and say umm and uhhh many times in between thoughts.

As for Flores, I've seen 3 interviews now (Congemi, Dolphins press conference, PFT phone interview), every time he shows great respect for Mr. Kraft and does not even mention Mr. Ross or only in a passing reference when saying "Chris and Steve" … he should have fixed this lack of respect thing by now. But he never acts like it is an honor to be a part of this team. He never acts like this franchise is a big deal. He keeps underlining that there are only 32 of these jobs. Its like he didn't care at all that he was up for the Dolphins job, just that he got a head coaching position and in the grand scheme of things, this is just one of the 'other' teams he doesn't respect, as opposed to the Patriots who he views as a great franchise worthy of respect.

I gotta say, it's starting to annoy me. Figure it out already Flores, respect the team that, until 2003 was the winningest team in NFL history (got that from the 3 yards per carry podcast, thanks Alf and CK!). As fans, it's not much, but we expect our leaders to respect our history … and Flores clearly doesn't. I hope he figures it out soon.

Regardless of whether you like GMFB or not (I preferred the previous show they had in that spot, more newsy and less hip), it is good that they do in fact cover the Dolphins more than any other NFL Network show. Peter Schrager and the dude from the Bachelor both seem to have a soft spot for the Dolphins, which makes this show unique on the NFL Network. In fact, national media only really covers us when there's a scandal, so it is a very welcome surprise.

I don't really care that he can't speak well, lots of people who aren't used to speaking in public repeat stuff a lot and say umm and uhhh many times in between thoughts.

As for Flores, I've seen 3 interviews now (Congemi, Dolphins press conference, PFT phone interview), every time he shows great respect for Mr. Kraft and does not even mention Mr. Ross or only in a passing reference when saying "Chris and Steve" … he should have fixed this lack of respect thing by now. But he never acts like it is an honor to be a part of this team. He never acts like this franchise is a big deal. He keeps underlining that there are only 32 of these jobs. Its like he didn't care at all that he was up for the Dolphins job, just that he got a head coaching position and in the grand scheme of things, this is just one of the 'other' teams he doesn't respect, as opposed to the Patriots who he views as a great franchise worthy of respect.

I gotta say, it's starting to annoy me. Figure it out already Flores, respect the team that, until 2003 was the winningest team in NFL history (got that from the 3 yards per carry podcast, thanks Alf and CK!). As fans, it's not much, but we expect our leaders to respect our history … and Flores clearly doesn't. I hope he figures it out soon.
You keep pushing this agenda about respect and his lack of it for Ross and the Fins. He just got here two days ago and spent a long time in the NE organization. Respect is earned and Ross despite being the owner and worth a lot of money will have to earn his new coaches respect.

Respect your posts but your dislike for Flores continues to show which I respect as well but this is an unnecessary jab at him IMO.

A few takeaways ...

Bill Belichick would never in an award for his speeches on camera. What is most important is what he does during the week before the game, and even more important, what he does on game day. I don't want great talkers, I want great performers.

Back
Top Bottom