Good Morning Football Analysis On Flores | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Morning Football Analysis On Flores

Flores: "For me personally I wasn't chasing a head coaching job. Its something that I felt like had to be the right fit and I did feel like Miami was the right fit for me."
Regardless of whether you like GMFB or not (I preferred the previous show they had in that spot, more newsy and less hip), it is good that they do in fact cover the Dolphins more than any other NFL Network show. Peter Schrager and the dude from the Bachelor both seem to have a soft spot for the Dolphins, which makes this show unique on the NFL Network. In fact, national media only really covers us when there's a scandal, so it is a very welcome surprise.

I don't really care that he can't speak well, lots of people who aren't used to speaking in public repeat stuff a lot and say umm and uhhh many times in between thoughts.

As for Flores, I've seen 3 interviews now (Congemi, Dolphins press conference, PFT phone interview), every time he shows great respect for Mr. Kraft and does not even mention Mr. Ross or only in a passing reference when saying "Chris and Steve" … he should have fixed this lack of respect thing by now. But he never acts like it is an honor to be a part of this team. He never acts like this franchise is a big deal. He keeps underlining that there are only 32 of these jobs. Its like he didn't care at all that he was up for the Dolphins job, just that he got a head coaching position and in the grand scheme of things, this is just one of the 'other' teams he doesn't respect, as opposed to the Patriots who he views as a great franchise worthy of respect.

I gotta say, it's starting to annoy me. Figure it out already Flores, respect the team that, until 2003 was the winningest team in NFL history (got that from the 3 yards per carry podcast, thanks Alf and CK!). As fans, it's not much, but we expect our leaders to respect our history … and Flores clearly doesn't. I hope he figures it out soon.

Flores: "For me personally I wasn't chasing a head coaching job. Its something that I felt like had to be the right fit and I did feel like Miami was the right fit for me."

I think that shows a lot of respect for the Dolphins. Your hate for Flores is getting a bit annoying.

You keep pushing this agenda about respect and his lack of it for Ross and the Fins. He just got here two days ago and spent a long time in the NE organization. Respect is earned and Ross despite being the owner and worth a lot of money will have to earn his new coaches respect.

Respect your posts but your dislike for Flores continues to show which I respect as well but this is an unnecessary jab at him IMO.
Agenda?

I like your posts as well Andyahs, but I don't see how stating these facts more than once is an agenda.

So you think that despite consistently voicing his respect for "Mr. Kraft" and "the Kraft Family" in every interview while consciously choosing to refer to "Steve" in passing in two of the three interviews and not at all in the third is somehow misrepresenting what he has done in those interviews?

Look, Belichick's coaching tree has plenty of plaudits while working under Belichick. But let's be honest, none of those Patriots coaches has much of a record after that. If I were in that situation, I dang sure know I wouldn't disrespect the guy who fires people. I want Coach Flores to flourish in this role, but if the initial ask is to tank, things are going to get harder for him before they get easier. I'm hoping someone gets the message to him to get out in front of this and get on good terms with the boss by showing him a healthy heap of respect. Currently, he may be digging a grave and I would rather he not do that.

Agenda?

I like your posts as well Andyahs, but I don't see how stating these facts more than once is an agenda.

So you think that despite consistently voicing his respect for "Mr. Kraft" and "the Kraft Family" in every interview while consciously choosing to refer to "Steve" in passing in two of the three interviews and not at all in the third is somehow misrepresenting what he has done in those interviews?

Look, Belichick's coaching tree has plenty of plaudits while working under Belichick. But let's be honest, none of those Patriots coaches has much of a record after that. If I were in that situation, I dang sure know I wouldn't disrespect the guy who fires people. I want Coach Flores to flourish in this role, but if the initial ask is to tank, things are going to get harder for him before they get easier. I'm hoping someone gets the message to him to get out in front of this and get on good terms with the boss by showing him a healthy heap of respect. Currently, he may be digging a grave and I would rather he not do that.
I expect him to have this respect for the Krafts and no it does not bother me. He seem a lot different and defiantly more humble then any of the others that have come out of NE.

I would bet Ross has told him to call him Steve.

I think that shows a lot of respect for the Dolphins. Your hate for Flores is getting a bit annoying.
Maybe. But to me it simply shows he was looking for whatever was the right situation for him. I have no problem with that, but it doesn't really make me feel like he respects, reveres, appreciates, or values the Dolphins franchise, the city of Miami, or the history of this team.

As a fan, I want more than is reasonable. I wanted Tannehill to know every NFL team in every division, and was disappointed when Matt Moore had to tell him who the NFL teams were and in what division, because Tannehill was a college football guy who wasn't really an NFL fan. I realize that Gase and Philbin and Sparano, etc. etc. etc. weren't lifelong Dolphins fans, but at least they knew what was special about the Dolphins, embraced the franchise, the history, the fan base, the city and the team immediately and completely. I want Coach Flores to embrace all of that as well.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter if he likes or dislikes the Dolphins, his job is to win. His mandate for 2019 is to lose, which goes against the very thing that is at the heart of what he is being asked to do. So he's in a rough situation. I just hope we're not setting Flores up to be a fall guy. If he embraces the franchise, fans, city, and owner, he is less likely to be a fall guy.

Bill Belichick would never in an award for his speeches on camera. What is most important is what he does during the week before the game, and even more important, what he does on game day. I don't want great talkers, I want great performers.

Agreed. I was just making fun of the host. I can't believe no one even corrected him. You get paid to talk, people.

I expect him to have this respect for the Krafts and no it does not bother me. He seem a lot different and defiantly more humble then any of the others that have come out of NE.

I hope you're right.

Because otherwise, he is unnecessarily driving a wedge between him and his boss. Heck, maybe Mr. Ross is on the verge of selling the team and we just don't know it, so he's de-emphasizing the owner because Mr. Ross told him to do so to eliminate any idea that Coach Flores wasn't the first choice of the next owner. That actually makes sense. But, I don't want Coach Flores to get off on the wrong foot when he doesn't need to do so.

The guy has been in Miami for 2 days now. Didn't even get a chance to enjoy the superbowl he just won. Him even being here the next day after winning a superbowl should have been enough to show everyone here that he wants to be here. Cut him some slack. The man needs to know football. He doesn't need to know the employees whole life history or have some great friendship or love for his boss yet. These things take time. Why do we even care about this part of the equation I dunno. What I do care about most is his relationship with the players and how he conducts himself as a coach and most importantly how he coaches the team. His relationship between Ross and Grier I dont really care about. What did u want him researching the dolphins and speaking with the dolphins owners and coddling up with them while employed with the Patriots during a superbowl run? Get the business out the way...then worry about the personal relationship part after. Come on guys put all of this into perspective. We are asking too much. At least his eyes wasn't bulging and following a taco.

This.

I've noticed most of the Dolphins staff, past and present, refer to him as Steve. I'm sure it's not by coincidence, but by request.

I really don’t care what he says or does. If the team shows up and wins on Sundays, I’ll be his biggest supporter.

Time will tell. But I've always been a defensive guy. I honestly can't believe what the Patriots did on that side of the ball in the super bowl. Could anyone have predicted a total of 3 points by the Rams? The question remains whether that was more because of Bellichick or Flores, something that was discussed on the video.

It sounds like Miami is finally committed to building the right way, something we as fans have been preaching for a long time. Build the trenches. There's this misconception that NE is all Tom Brady that he hasn't always had a lot of talent around him. That's not at all true. It's impressive how great he's been with a revolving door of talent, but the Patriots have always had a strong defensive line and at least a competent offensive line.

It will be interesting to see how Miami fans react if the team goes 2-14 or 3-13. That's a possibility and a painful one to think of. I feel year two will be the one to watch and hopefully by then the Dolphins will have a franchise quarterback and the future will look bright.

I just watch it to see my girl Kay Adam's she is smokin!!!!

wow she really is

ps: To all the people posting "I don't care if he speaks well in public or not!" the word is "orator" not "oratator" which is why that talking point is even brought up. The point wasn't actually that anyone here cares if he is a public speaker or not... I personally don't care if the guy on TV mistakenly said that, I've heard worse verbiage mixups.

The guy has been in Miami for 2 days now. Didn't even get a chance to enjoy the superbowl he just won. Him even being here the next day after winning a superbowl should have been enough to show everyone here that he wants to be here. Cut him some slack. The man needs to know football. He doesn't need to know the employees whole life history or have some great friendship or love for his boss yet. These things take time. Why do we even care about this part of the equation I dunno. What I do care about most is his relationship with the players and how he conducts himself as a coach and most importantly how he coaches the team. His relationship between Ross and Grier I dont really care about. What did u want him researching the dolphins and speaking with the dolphins owners and coddling up with them while employed with the Patriots during a superbowl run? Get the business out the way...then worry about the personal relationship part after. Come on guys put all of this into perspective. We are asking too much. At least his eyes wasn't bulging and following a taco.

Seems like a common theme. When someone here doesn't like a player or coach or whomever else, they bitch n moan over the tiniest things.

I have to say, I'm excited at our future and what it may hold. I felt this way before on way to be let down but I'm enjoying that feeling once again and not expecting too much for 19 but expecting much more in the following years

wow she really is

ps: To all the people posting "I don't care if he speaks well in public or not!" the word is "orator" not "oratator" which is why that talking point is even brought up. The point wasn't actually that anyone here cares if he is a public speaker or not... I personally don't care if the guy on TV mistakenly said that, I've heard worse verbiage mixups.
I mean yeah but I think the irony is him pointing that out and totally screwing the name up while speaking. He came up with his own word there lol. Someone who isn't good at conversations is not called a bad conversaterer lol

Back
Top Bottom