Good Morning Football | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Morning Football

Actually, in the Pro Football Talk power rankings, the actual quote was that the Patriots have a “rookie quarterback who plays like a seasoned pro.” How is that a legitimate take on a guy who has never taken an actual snap in an actual regular season NFL game?
Because they see him playing under control and making smart decisions? What was the media saying about Tua prior to playing an actual snap in an actual regular season NFL game?

I'm sure i can find you some insanely glowing reports.

Because they see him playing under control and making smart decisions? What was the media saying about Tua prior to playing an actual snap in an actual regular season NFL game?

I'm sure i can find you some insanely glowing reports.
I just don’t see the situations as similar. Tua didn’t have a body of preseason work and wasn’t the Week 1 anointed starter. You may have had pre-draft and post-draft hype, but I think you’d be hard-pressed to find a bunch of media who were calling him a “seasoned pro” before Week 1 in 2020. Or claiming he was going to be a key factor in leading the Dolphins back to the playoffs with his “seasoned pro” approach.

I think this is basically the media being lazy and saying to themselves “if Belichick thinks this guy is a #1 QB, then he is definitely a #1 QB right now.”

GMF is awful. Even if these pregame shows and football outlets were singing Miami’s praises, they’re all awful. Mostly just bad takes from washed up players, wanna Be’s, has beens, and broads. No one actually breaking down film anymore.
IT might be awful but for some reason I have a crush on Kate. LOL!

I hate that show. It's the most obnoxious and stupidest sports show I've sever seen and Brandt and Schrager are unbelievably annoying.

GMF is awful. Even if these pregame shows and football outlets were singing Miami’s praises, they’re all awful. Mostly just bad takes from washed up players, wanna Be’s, has beens, and broads. No one actually breaking down film anymore.
GMF sucks but Kay is nice to look at for a few minutes a day week to week.

Last edited:
Media types know there's a huge Pats fanbase from all the bandwagon jumpers that hopped on during the Super Bowl run, so anytime they can talk up the Pats they do. The Pats front 7 will be much better and their skill positions are vastly improved, so I understand how someone could think that, but I don't get all the Mac Jones love. The kid looked okay in preseason against vanilla D's, I look forward to introducing him to our secondary and blitz scheme...he will understand the speed of the game is a little different when the bullets are flying...and speaking of flying bullets, I don't think their depleted secondary can stick with our receivers...especially in week 17 when we have our full compliment.

So let the talking heads give the Cheatriots their requisite blowy then we'll see what they say after we stomp them in week 1.

Exactly. Preseason success does not always equal NFL success. We've seen plenty of examples of that over the years.

Patriots fans should be excited about Jones. He ran the offense similarly to Tua at Alabama. But let's see how he actually does in a game that counts before calling him a seasoned pro.
Like that time the Lions went undefeated in the pre-season, then went 0-16?

Nothing new here at all. Media loves to hate on Miami but frankly what has Miami done the past two decades to change that opinion?

If the media is basing their opinions on past history, beyond a season or two, and not recent events it is all the more reason not to pay them any mind. They are incompetent.

What has NE done recently to close the gap on MIA from 2020? That’s the more poignant and relevant question to ask.

Her head is disproportionately larger than the rest of her body, she's like a cartoon character...still hot, but I can't unsee it lol

Physical appearance aside, IMO she tries to create this facade that she lives, breathes and loves everything about football but it’s pretty easy to tell she’s just a taking head that has a few interns researching and feeding her info.

Honestly, outside of Nate Burleson and Kyle Brandt, I don’t find Adams or Schrager to be very knowledgeable or insightful.

Still I think Mac Jones will be the second best QB of this class three years from now. I just don’t see anything special in Lance or Wilson. Lawrence for sure, but he is with a bad coach. And Fields could be a good one but I don’t think it will be enough to match what BB can do with his mind. I think three years from now it is very probable that Mac Jones will be very improved because of Bellicheat. Still I really hope that Tua and Flores could be an even better combo.

Who replaced Nate?
Not sure it's decided yet. Last week was D Hall, this week it's M Robinson. I can't watch the show most of the time TBH. I watch it a little, but usually get tired of seeing Kyle and Peter act like they are 20 years younger than they are, and seeing Kay Adams take her job so lightly. She really is a knowledgeable person on football, but most of the time she looks like she either just rolled out of bed, or has one of these huge sweaters on and wants to ball up in front of a fire. The 4th chair (whoever sits in it) is usually the best one.

I will say the Kyle gives Miami love often.

Physical appearance aside, IMO she tries to create this facade that she lives, breathes and loves everything about football but it’s pretty easy to tell she’s just a taking head that has a few interns researching and feeding her info.

Honestly, outside of Nate Burleson and Kyle Brandt, I don’t find Adams or Schrager to be very knowledgeable or insightful.
I disagree on Adams, I think she is very knowledgeable, but just can't get past her lack of professionalism on her look. She's a pretty lady, but really does nothing to help her image. Heck the other morning she was on there and wearing this huge sweater and her nail paint was half on and half off. She looked like she was just dumped balled up on the couch and eating ice cream.

Back
Top Bottom