Good point where Henne need to improve and could have won the Tampa game.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good point where Henne need to improve and could have won the Tampa game..

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This was one opportunity I saw missed in that game and was going to break it down for you guys, but the press beat me to it... I'm sure Henne reveiwed this play as well by now and will make the corrections, it was a well designed play that got the recievers open.

His rating (143.9) and completion percentage (76.9) suggest he was great. The pictures say otherwise.

Chad Henne still a loooong way to go

Pictures at bottom of article to illustrate the point.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is almost laughable. Henne did great in that game, and let's just hope it translates when it counts. Football is a real time thing too, not a guy like mando freeze framing pics and thinking a guy is wide open cause he might be for a split second to the untrained eye. Also have to take in to account what's happening with the D in the rest of the picture. You can create just about any scenario you want doing that. Amateur job here...not giving it much of a 2nd thought. Sure Henne still has to keep improving, but this write up is a reach.

Still pictures are great to try to prove a point but watching the game real time tells the story. Not impressed with this write up at all. I saw this play and it was replayed too and by the time Bess had made his break Henne was on the move.

yeah he missed open hartline.

you know how that doesnt matter?

cus hartline goes to chad and says he had the corner endzone and next time he hits him.

kinda like in the atlanta game.

You can go throw tape on any team and any qb they all miss an opportunity here and there. No one sees everything all the time. No teams scores 100% touchdowns in redzone.

There's a reason about 40% of QB's throws end up in the grass. If every QB made every single throw and read there would be no reason to suit a defense up out there.

The guy is learning and improving. I don't think we need a couple pictures to show he isn't the best in the world but I like what we have seen.

This is almost laughable. Henne did great in that game, and let's just hope it translates when it counts. Football is a real time thing too, not a guy like mando freeze framing pics and thinking a guy is wide open cause he might be for a split second to the untrained eye. Also have to take in to account what's happening with the D in the rest of the picture. You can create just about any scenario you want doing that. Amateur job here...not giving it much of a 2nd thought. Sure Henne still has to keep improving, but this write up is a reach.

Dude, if we are going to do satire on the Oline and freeze frame bad blocks then we should do the same with the guy with the ball in his hand responsible for making things happen. Good QBs play good games. The great QBs make plays like ones in the picture. Plays like that ARE GAME CHANGERS. Combine that with our DBs cement hands and yeah, we give up a lot of big plays.

No one, I mean no one was around Henne in those freeze frames and yeah, thats the QBs job to make plays like that. Its called stepping up in the pocket. You look at those freeze frames and you tell me anyone was even close to Henne. If you can see anyone then you are from another planet with vision most normal human beings do not have. Like I said, want to rip apart one unit then look at what the leader of the team is still failing to do, make a difference when it counts.

First off, I gotta laugh at Armando . . . what a loser.

Second, yea Henne could have taken a shot there . . . but you can't just use snap shot pictures to tell a story, that isn't real time. Henne had alot going on in that play. First off, the OLine just had proven the entire night they were going to get dominated by Tampa's Dline. I think the last thing Chad Henne wanted to do is force a pass that could potentially be picked off in that situation. I said when it happened that Henne would of had to gun it in there to get it to Bess and these pictures aren't going to change my mind either way. He played it safe . . . he has taken steps in the right direction and I think as the days/weeks go by, we are going to see Henne keep improving in this system. His offensive line has to help him continue to get confidence in helping him have confidence in them.

For Armando to go out of his way to call out Henne for blowing this game is kind of funny, but it is what it is, his reporting this entire offseason has been based on Henne sucks and is going to get replaced . . . and the exact opposite has happened. He is childish enough to have sour grapes over this. We know Chad is a work in progress but write an article about real problems instead of your misleading agendas and openings to pat yourself on the back.

I wonder why Armando didn't freeze frame all of Josh Freemans misses, or the OLine, or the dropped INT's . . . ****ing douche.

one play. where even the commentators defended henne saying "do you want him to wait back there forever?".

atleast he tried to score.

Heres a picture of me .....I am open Mondo!

9b29c0a398a0e09dfadef110L-1.jpg

I actually think if Henne kept his head up, he could have hit Hartline in the back of the endzone before he got tackled.. I do think he had to release the ball just as Bess was turning around, but I do think he had enough time to hit hartline. BTW, I'm not a Henne basher, but I will be critical when called for..and I saw this the same night of the game, I thought he had enough time to hit Hartline while he scramble forward. Just my 2 cent... He played a good game, but the little things sometimes are missed..

Dude, if we are going to do satire on the Oline and freeze frame bad blocks then we should do the same with the guy with the ball in his hand responsible for making things happen. Good QBs play good games. The great QBs make plays like ones in the picture. Plays like that ARE GAME CHANGERS. Combine that with our DBs cement hands and yeah, we give up a lot of big plays.

No one, I mean no one was around Henne in those freeze frames and yeah, thats the QBs job to make plays like that. Its called stepping up in the pocket. You look at those freeze frames and you tell me anyone was even close to Henne. If you can see anyone then you are from another planet with vision most normal human beings do not have. Like I said, want to rip apart one unit then look at what the leader of the team is still failing to do, make a difference when it counts.

So no chance this ball gets batted down at the line if he throws it then?

6a00d83451b26169e201539125bfca970bpi-1.jpg

And the one where Hartline is open, yeah, maybe he could have tried that one, but it would have helped if the pocket had not collapsed and he wasn't being forced to run away.

If I were Henne I would have a serious case of happy feet playing behind this O-line. At that point in the game he'd been sacked twice, pressured half a dozen other times and who knows how many times he had been knocked down. To me the play was progress because he didn't force the ball and turn it over which was an issue last year in the red zone.

I actually think if Henne kept his head up, he could have hit Hartline in the back of the endzone before he got tackled.. I do think he had to release the ball just as Bess was turning around, but I do think he had enough time to hit hartline. BTW, I'm not a Henne basher, but I will be critical when called for..and I saw this the same night of the game, I thought he had enough time to hit Hartline while he scramble forward. Just my 2 cent... He played a good game, but the little things sometimes are missed..

With Hartline, Henne has gotta do a better job of keeping his head up when he scrambles. I refused to watch that horrible game again, but this goalline series is probably the one I would have liked to rewatch again. I just think the OLine was so bad the other night, Henne sensed the pocket collapsing and he tucked it and ran . . . he probably could have bought another half second which may have been enough to locate Hartline and make a throw . . . but there is no guarantees on this play. I really hope Daboll and Sparano go over this series with Chad and allow him to see what he could have done better.

Still, using "snapshots" is a poor way of explaining any play, especially how Armando did it. I think in the time Henne reaches back to throw, numerous things can happen on this play, and Henne isn't in the best situation to risk anything that can lower his confidence. I'm content with him eating that ball and getting points on the drive but I do hope they went over this series in film with Chad.

I wonder if we can get Armando to analyze the 2 running plays that went for nothing on the first 2 downs of this series.

Back
Top Bottom