Good point where Henne need to improve and could have won the Tampa game.. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good point where Henne need to improve and could have won the Tampa game..

No one here said anything about Henne being 'great' but Armando picked a poor example to try to make his point. Just Armando being Armando!

I don't think pointing out why Henne consistently fails to get TD's in the red zone is a poor point at all.

I've watched this play at least 25 times and I still can't tell if it would have been a completion to Bess. To me it seems Henne was going to throw the ball to Bess on his break but when he starts to bring his arm back to throw that's when the D-linemen put his hand up to block the passing lane. Then when he looks to throw a second time the D-back is in position and ready to jump the route. I'm guessing he just didn't feel safe making the throw. Then Henne tucks the ball and begins to run, causing the D-back to flow towards Henne and this is when Hartline comes open. I could easily see where Henne thought he would make it to the end zone if Pouncey would have given him a block. To me it looks like Henne read the play correctly he just didn't have a chance to throw it. More importantly though, he didn't force the ball when the window had closed which could have resulted in the dreaded turnover in the redzone. The only thing I can critique is the next time he scrambles keep his head up and look for the open man.

That's what I am leaning toward just keep your eyes down field. Like you say the plus is no int, but at the very least he should have held the ball up faking a throw till he passed the LOS keep the defenders honest. Either way he is playing better and if it continues in the regular season I suspect he will gain the confidence to take that shot.

Back
Top Bottom