Good point where Henne need to improve and could have won the Tampa game.. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good point where Henne need to improve and could have won the Tampa game..

WOW, when we lose a game and Henne is somewhere between average and good this place is going to be unbearable. I hope we treat other guys the same way, Marshall drops, missed tackels, dropped INT's, Bush drops (2 easy screen passes dropped in preseason by the guy who hits the juggs machine everyday after practice and this is the very first time I've seen it brought up). As of now I see the 3 biggest scapegoats of any loss being:

Chad Henne
Marc Columbo
Vernon Carey
Oh and I'm sure if Benny Sapp gives up one first down him too (folks like to pick on him because we traded fan favorite Cam)

Regardless of who plays worse than these 3 they will be too blame. I remember in 2005 Chambers, Booker and McMicheal could all drop as many passes as they wanted in a game perfectly thrown in many cases. You'd log in Finheaven and Gus Frerrotte's few arrant passes would be scrutinized much more. This place picks favorites, Chad Henne is just not one of them.

You just know that the same hardcore of Henne Pavlovians who are jumping on Mando's article as a sliver of negativity within his 143.9QBR to bash him would be arguing that Mando doesn't know his azz from his elbow if that article instead contended that "Henne Is turning the corner." And dats da trooth!

2116r94-1.jpg

because the people who are making these arguements full on EXPECT chad to screw up and are more than happy to pull out the "I told YOU so" card when he does.

Yep, its easier to be negative and pull the "crow" card, than be positive and admit being wrong. Sad that it means so much to people to care about what others think about their opinion, and they choose that negative route, when the most important combining factor with everybody on this board is "supposed" to be that we are fans of the Miami Dolphins and that should include being positive when your QB plays well.

was it a division game or a preseason game? i'm confused. *edit* apparently it was a preseason game, and of course preseason games only matter when henne makes a bad play, or a poor decision, or no decision, fumbles, takes a sake, or throws an int, and apparently preseason only matters when the dolphins lose. Esp if its henne's fault.

Lol.. I know someone would come back with this crap..

I know what I saw and it is worrisome that he may make the same mistake during the regular season... Everyone on this board better hope he gets it corrected by week 1. And I have faith that he will.

Yep, its easier to be negative and pull the "crow" card, than be positive and admit being wrong. Sad that it means so much to people to care about what others think about their opinion, and they choose that negative route, when the most important combining factor with everybody on this board is "supposed" to be that we are fans of the Miami Dolphins and that should include being positive when your QB plays well.

I have problem admitting when I am wrong, however I am not in this scenario. Given the same situation next week, week 1, week 12, or in the playoffs, I want him to throw that pass..

Also, if you read my posts in other threads, you would see that I credited Henne with everything that he has done well. That being said (and you people can think whatever you like. I really dont care) Im not being a hater. Just critiquing one play that could have resulted in 4 more points.

Would everyone who says he should have made that throw have supported that decision if it ended up being a pick-6? Or, instead would everyone hammer him for ending another drive in an interception? You can't say the guy throws too many picks and then get upset when he decides not to take a risk.

Situations do matter. If this was a regular season game and he didn't make a tight throw in the 2nd quarter would it really be the same as not making it in a playoff game on a 4th quarter comeback drive?

You can argue that it was pre-season and thus the timing/score doesen't really matter. Its more about production, but in my book a drive that ends in a field goal is probably better for his resume than 6 points the other way. The guy get crucified either way.

If situations don't matter and we should go for every point possible, never settling, then lets quick kicking extra points and go for two every time!!

What would your reaction be if it was a division game at the end of the season that we needed to win? Thats the point. Would you be defending him if he leaves points on the field during the regular season?

Yeahyeahyeah, but it was only a meaningless preseason game. Contrary to popular belief, preseason means nothing in terms of wins and losses, but it means a crapload in terms of production. We cannot afford to leave 1 point on the field. If the chance is there, take it.

The debate is over the very second the "what if" arguements make an appearance.

So what you want about the play or Armando, but the fact that Henne has a long way to go is not even up for debate

Yes Henne needs and can improve but Armando put his credibility on the line by using his still pictures as an example of what little he knows.

So what you want about the play or Armando, but the fact that Henne has a long way to go is not even up for debate

A Long way to go before what? All things considered . . . we have clearly seen an "improving" Chad Henne this preseason and hopefully the strides continue and become even greater in the regular season. If he is making moves in the pocket, rolling out and finding guys, scrambling for first downs, making touch passes to Marshall, calling audibles and adjusting to defenses . . . he may be closer than you think. He doesn't have to be Dan Marino or Tom Brady, he just needs to be smarter with the football, improvise when called upon and be put in a system that allows him to make plays.

Would everyone who says he should have made that throw have supported that decision if it ended up being a pick-6? Or, instead would everyone hammer him for ending another drive in an interception? You can't say the guy throws too many picks and then get upset when he decides not to take a risk.

Situations do matter. If this was a regular season game and he didn't make a tight throw in the 2nd quarter would it really be the same as not making it in a playoff game on a 4th quarter comeback drive?

You can argue that it was pre-season and thus the timing/score doesen't really matter. Its more about production, but in my book a drive that ends in a field goal is probably better for his resume than 6 points the other way. The guy get crucified either way.

If situations don't matter and we should go for every point possible, never settling, then lets quick kicking extra points and go for two every time!!

Cant say.. I'm sure I wuld have been pissed.

Yes Henne needs and can improve but Armando put his credibility on the line by using his still pictures as an example of what little he knows.
To be fair, I don't think anyone sees Armando as credible about anything. Talk about an oxymoron, or just plain moron.

Lol.. I know someone would come back with this crap..

I know what I saw and it is worrisome that he may make the same mistake during the regular season... Everyone on this board better hope he gets it corrected by week 1. And I have faith that he will.
I seem to remember Chad hitting Hartline in the corner during the regular season on a very similar play for a TD. Please stop making up bs to try to win an argument you are losing badly.

I seem to remember Chad hitting Hartline in the corner during the regular season on a very similar play for a TD. Please stop making up bs to try to win an argument you are losing badly.

What does that have to do with Saturdays game exactly? Hartline wasnt open on Saturday, Bess was, so im sure why your trying to skew the topic.

Im losing to unrealistic lovers that think Henne can do no wrong in any situation in any game. Lovers that think we have a Peyton Manning Tom Brady mix at QB.

Back
Top Bottom