Good point where Henne need to improve and could have won the Tampa game.. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good point where Henne need to improve and could have won the Tampa game..

Lol.. I know someone would come back with this crap..

I know what I saw and it is worrisome that he may make the same mistake during the regular season... Everyone on this board better hope he gets it corrected by week 1. And I have faith that he will.
Look at the 2:25 mark, exactly the same play......So please stop!
[video=youtube;axFUUearpiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axFUUearpiM[/video]

What does that have to do with Saturdays game exactly? Hartline wasnt open on Saturday, Bess was, so im sure why your trying to skew the topic.

Im losing to unrealistic lovers that think Henne can do no wrong in any situation in any game. Lovers that think we have a Peyton Manning Tom Brady mix at QB.

You just proved the point that the whole article that you are arguing is correct is not.

That means he is now missing the fact Brian Hartline has come wide open in the back corner of the end zone.

Armando claims that Hartline was 'wide open' as well.

You just proved the point that the whole article that you are arguing is correct is not.

Armando claims that Hartline was 'wide open' as well.

Im not arguing the article at all. Not once did I. I am argue the play I saw with my own two eyes, long before the article even came out. Bess was open, Hartline was not.

Hmmmmm, preseason seemed to mean something when Henne threw picks in Atlanta but not when he has back to back good games, Ya, ok! You are blind if you don't see a difference in Chad Henne.

Hmmmmm, preseason seemed to mean something when Henne threw picks in Atlanta but not when he has back to back good games, Ya, ok! You are blind if you don't see a difference in Chad Henne.

I have never judged Henne good or bad from a preseason game ever. I don't care if he puts up 4 perfect QB ratings in a row or 4 awful ones. It still doesn't mean a damn thing until he proves it when it counts. I'm not saying he can't or wont prove it. I'm just saying that he sucks until proven otherwise and any idiot knows that you cant wipe years of bad regular season play away with 2 meaningless preseason games. These are facts, not opinions

Never said I didnt see a difference. As I mentioned to KDawg if you read my posts in other threads, you will see that I credit Henne with everything that he has done well. I am only critiquing one play that could have resulted in 4 more points. Suddenly, because Henne had a good game overall, far beit from anyone to critque anything he may have done wrong.

From game 1 to 3 Hennes improvement is night and day. It isn't a bad article it just points out that play is one Henne needs to make to put his game up a level. I will have to see it in motion, the still shots look like Bess was open, Hartline got open, and the pocket was there for Henne to continue to step up, but in motion it could have a completely different look. Not defending Armando here, but this article seems to be a critique(something every QB should endure) not criticism.

It is the rare quarterback that sees the whole field at any one time. Does anyone know if he was looking in Bess's direction when he was open? Or Hartline's? I was 3 rows back from the end zone. I saw a quarterback scan the field and see no one open (I didn't see anyone open either but I have poor eyesight). I did see what I thought was a wide open middle to run for a TD. Didn't Henne make some good runs the previous game? It looked to me as if an offensive lineman was caught napping and didn't make an opportune block. One timely block in the middle and Henne might have ran for that TD. In any event, it was a low risk play. The way the defense was playing at that time in the game, what's wrong with a field goal? People nitpicking Henne are just haters. Someone mentioned if it's fair to critisize the OL it's fair to critisize Henne. The OL played like crap all night long. Criticism is warranted because they seem to be regressing. Henne is improving. To take this one play, then bash Henne stands against reason. We should be celebrating that a weak point on this team is beginning to turn things around. I hope that Henne's year is outstanding so that everyone who would rather be right in their own minds than see Miami with a successful quarterback will shut up and skulk back to the cage of their own pettiness.

i agree with mando on this i pointed it out before - henne did have time to throw and that should have been a TD to hartline. but he was on the run most of the game etc. so im not gonna knock him. henne has learned he can tuck and run in several situations and it prob comes from Daboll. he just needs to get a better feel for when he needs to tuck and run and when he can hold strong and deliver. im not too worried.

It is the rare quarterback that sees the whole field at any one time. Does anyone know if he was looking in Bess's direction when he was open? Or Hartline's? I was 3 rows back from the end zone. I saw a quarterback scan the field and see no one open (I didn't see anyone open either but I have poor eyesight). I did see what I thought was a wide open middle to run for a TD. Didn't Henne make some good runs the previous game? It looked to me as if an offensive lineman was caught napping and didn't make an opportune block. One timely block in the middle and Henne might have ran for that TD. In any event, it was a low risk play. The way the defense was playing at that time in the game, what's wrong with a field goal? People nitpicking Henne are just haters. Someone mentioned if it's fair to critisize the OL it's fair to critisize Henne. The OL played like crap all night long. Criticism is warranted because they seem to be regressing. Henne is improving. To take this one play, then bash Henne stands against reason. We should be celebrating that a weak point on this team is beginning to turn things around. I hope that Henne's year is outstanding so that everyone who would rather be right in their own minds than see Miami with a successful quarterback will shut up and skulk back to the cage of their own pettiness.

From the pictures his eyes were pointed in Bess direction until he tucked the football. If he had it to do over looks like he should have continued to step up in the pocket and maybe a pump fake as he moved forward. Once he started forward he tucked the ball, not a bad play. The main problem is the messenger Armando slams Henne so such people just think he is trying to twist things to tarnish Hennes good game. Like I said I will have to watch it in motion when I get home, but if the tape plays like the pictures I am sure in breaking down the film Daboll has shown Henne keep your head up because options opened up. Looks like a hangover from 2+ years of having a HC micromanage every throw and decision Henne makes. Result safer play was tuck it hope for a seem and run it in, if not easy fg and a fist pump.

From the pictures his eyes were pointed in Bess direction until he tucked the football. If he had it to do over looks like he should have continued to step up in the pocket and maybe a pump fake as he moved forward. Once he started forward he tucked the ball, not a bad play. The main problem is the messenger Armando slams Henne so such people just think he is trying to twist things to tarnish Hennes good game. Like I said I will have to watch it in motion when I get home, but if the tape plays like the pictures I am sure in breaking down the film Daboll has shown Henne keep your head up because options opened up. Looks like a hangover from 2+ years of having a HC micromanage every throw and decision Henne makes. Result safer play was tuck it hope for a seem and run it in, if not easy fg and a fist pump.

I've watched this play at least 25 times and I still can't tell if it would have been a completion to Bess. To me it seems Henne was going to throw the ball to Bess on his break but when he starts to bring his arm back to throw that's when the D-linemen put his hand up to block the passing lane. Then when he looks to throw a second time the D-back is in position and ready to jump the route. I'm guessing he just didn't feel safe making the throw. Then Henne tucks the ball and begins to run, causing the D-back to flow towards Henne and this is when Hartline comes open. I could easily see where Henne thought he would make it to the end zone if Pouncey would have given him a block. To me it looks like Henne read the play correctly he just didn't have a chance to throw it. More importantly though, he didn't force the ball when the window had closed which could have resulted in the dreaded turnover in the redzone. The only thing I can critique is the next time he scrambles keep his head up and look for the open man.

So everyone defending Henne thinks he is a great QB? That was Armando's point. He said Henne was not a great QB. He didn't say he was garbage, he said he wasn't great. If we are honest to ourselves we know that a great QB finds ways to score in the RZ and to this point Chad has been average at best in that regard. The photos were just one example of this. So if a great QB finds ways to score in the RZ and Henne does not then that means Henne is not a great QB and Armando is right.

So everyone defending Henne thinks he is a great QB? That was Armando's point. He said Henne was not a great QB. He didn't say he was garbage, he said he wasn't great. If we are honest to ourselves we know that a great QB finds ways to score in the RZ and to this point Chad has been average at best in that regard. The photos were just one example of this. So if a great QB finds ways to score in the RZ and Henne does not then that means Henne is not a great QB and Armando is right.

No one here said anything about Henne being 'great' but Armando picked a poor example to try to make his point. Just Armando being Armando!

Back
Top Bottom