Good point where Henne need to improve and could have won the Tampa game.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good point where Henne need to improve and could have won the Tampa game..

So no chance this ball gets batted down at the line if he throws it then?

6a00d83451b26169e201539125bfca970bpi-1.jpg

And the one where Hartline is open, yeah, maybe he could have tried that one, but it would have helped if the pocket had not collapsed and he wasn't being forced to run away.

In addition, there is a safety back there just waiting to make a break on the ball... If Henne throws that ball, its likely a pick going the other way....

Gotta love Mandy, a guy with NO football expertise, trying to "coach em up"...

I don't even like Henne and realize that this is ridiculous. Every QB misses reads or makes the wrong reads, every game. Henne having one of those in 3 quarters, I'm not going to complain, at all. Not to mention, if anything, they should be bitching about him missing Hartline, not Bess. I'm not so sure that CB wouldn't have made a play on the ball.

LMAO, DUDE mised the throw, plain and simple. LMAO. Dirtbag Irvin compare him to Brady, well, Brady even Sanchez would have made that throw folks. A thrown football moves a hell of a lot faster then a DB can run. Its called being a playmaker.

Anyone can toss a football up and let someone run under it, even Henne. Rookie QBs can make the short throws the Henne makes.

Plays like this is what gets QBs signed to long term contracts. Its still evident the man refuses to release the trigger. This has nothing to do with who his OC is.

Oh yes board experts, look good at the picture. one DB, on the ground, the other DB going to this left, no one around Henne. clear view, so whats he do ? run the ball to the wrong side of the friggin block ?
OMG, anyone that makes an excuse for Henne in this picture is either Henne himself or a family member. Geeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

LMAO, DUDE mised the throw, plain and simple. LMAO. Dirtbag Irvin compare him to Brady, well, Brady even Sanchez would have made that throw folks. A thrown football moves a hell of a lot faster then a DB can run. Its called being a playmaker.

Guessing you didn't see it live either.

LMAO, DUDE mised the throw, plain and simple. LMAO. Dirtbag Irvin compare him to Brady, well, Brady even Sanchez would have made that throw folks.

And if Henne makes that throw and it gets batted at the line and picked, or the safety breaks well and picks it for 6 . . . I can imagine the people saying "Same ol Henne, he shouldn't have made the throw". I just think its funny people are reaching for negativity on a QB that has finally started to show some serious progress. Henne's lack of confidence to make that throw to Bess came from an entire night of skating with an OLine that was getting dominated. I think at this point, its not even worth Henne's trouble to risk anything in the preseason that could cause for a negative outash towards him . . . and go figure, he got one anyways :lol:

I'm suprised by this because I was under the impression that it was common knowledge Daboll/Sparano were O.K with taking 3 here. It seemed obvious to me, when watching the game. Considering the last time we were at the goaline we got stuffed like some 3rd graders, I dont think the plays called prior to this one were really our 100% effort to try and get in the endzone. I think they wanted to check our OL in another GL situation, needless to say it didnt turn out too good. The plays he called didnt scream touchdown to me, it looked as if they knew we were up 7-0 and could utilize this preseason situation to get a feel for our run game in the RZ.

Apparently I'm crazy, but it just didnt have the feel of a team going for the juggular. Couple that with the fact that its preseason and our GL ineptitude and thats how I can to my conclusion.

Either way this is an absolute terrible write up, and grasping for 'hater' straws at the very most. Negativity sells guys, and we all know Mando knows no bounds when it comes to reaching.

I didn't engage very much in all the Henne Debates but nontheless I remained a pretty firm and hopeful supporter of his throughout the whole offseason. But that said, I disagree with pretty much everyone in this thread. Mando makes a good point and it's one I made on here after the game. That was a "minus" play for Henne and unfortunately it occurred in the most important part of the field. It was pretty much the only minus play he had all night.

Anyone can toss a football up and let someone run under it, even Henne. Rookie QBs can make the short throws the Henne makes.

Plays like this is what gets QBs signed to long term contracts. Its still evident the man refuses to release the trigger. This has nothing to do with who his OC is.

Oh yes board experts, look good at the picture. one DB, on the ground, the other DB going to this left, no one around Henne. clear view, so whats he do ? run the ball to the wrong side of the friggin block ?
OMG, anyone that makes an excuse for Henne in this picture is either Henne himself or a family member. Geeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

Are you really getting the pitchforks out because Henne missed ONE opportunity? The ONLY one he got on that GL set of downs? You've got to be joking, I understand disdain for a player but damn cut him some slack.

I swear they must examine his **** with a microscope too. It's obvious he has made significant strides this offseason. Leave the ****ing man alone. Let me tell you how much it helps when a local douchbag attacks the guy when he has been improving. There is a reason you write the stories and Henne makes them, dickbag.

If I remember correctly, John Lynch said "good mind game" about henne recognizing that they switched to the "tampa two" and pulling the ball down.

I didn't engage very much in all the Henne Debates but nontheless I remained a pretty firm and hopeful supporter of his throughout the whole offseason. But that said, I disagree with pretty much everyone in this thread. Mando makes a good point and it's one I made on here after the game. That was a "minus" play for Henne and unfortunately it occurred in the most important part of the field. It was pretty much the only minus play he had all night.

I think in the case of Chad Henne and making improvements, not turning the ball over in the redzone (either by INT/pick six or sack/fumble) and getting the 3 points after the Tampa DLine was manhandling the OLine the entire night and ragdolled the running backs on the first 2 plays can't be considered a minus. I think if you are in need of a TD in a real game in the 4th quarter and Chad Henne doesn't attempt that throw . . . then it can be viewed as a minus. It's a minus only if you turn the ball over in that situation.

That being said, Chad Henne probably could have done better there . . . especially with the way he puts his head down and gets what he can get . . . I don't like it, he does it, I have seen him get better, but he has the occassional flashback.

Armando was looking for a reason to say "Chad Henne has a loonnnnnnggggg way to go" instead of saying "What Chad could have done to have an even better performance". And even that is questionable as it is impossible to tell anything on a snapshot. I thought it was tight enough and the pocket was breaking down enough to where eating the ball there and taking the 3 points wasn't a terrible thing. They weren't wide open, the DLineman has a hand up looking to bat the ball down and the safety is already breaking on a potential attempt to Bess. I think if he were to throw before the break by Bess, it gets completed . . . but maybe that isn't something they want to do while continuing learning a new offense. The worse thing that could happen there is a pick 6, I don't think Henne needed to even attempt that sort of regression there.

With Hartline, Henne has gotta do a better job of keeping his head up when he scrambles. I refused to watch that horrible game again, but this goalline series is probably the one I would have liked to rewatch again. I just think the OLine was so bad the other night, Henne sensed the pocket collapsing and he tucked it and ran . . . he probably could have bought another half second which may have been enough to locate Hartline and make a throw . . . but there is no guarantees on this play. I really hope Daboll and Sparano go over this series with Chad and allow him to see what he could have done better.

Still, using "snapshots" is a poor way of explaining any play, especially how Armando did it. I think in the time Henne reaches back to throw, numerous things can happen on this play, and Henne isn't in the best situation to risk anything that can lower his confidence. I'm content with him eating that ball and getting points on the drive but I do hope they went over this series in film with Chad.

I wonder if we can get Armando to analyze the 2 running plays that went for nothing on the first 2 downs of this series.

This was the problem right here, you telling me we can't run the ball in from the 2 on first or second down. I think the only way the pass to Bess could have been completed is if Henne threw it low and to the sideline side of Bess. As seen in Armorons picture he had a DL with his hands up basically in his face. I think Henne made the right read in not throwing that ball. Would have liked him to keep his head up and spot Hartline in the back corner, but understandable with the way he had been pressured all night and the way the pocket collapsed on that play

This was the problem right here, you telling me we can't run the ball in from the 2 on first or second down. I think the only way the pass to Bess could have been completed is if Henne threw it low and to the sideline side of Bess. As seen in Armorons picture he had a DL with his hands up basically in his face. I think Henne made the right read in not throwing that ball. Would have liked him to keep his head up and spot Hartline in the back corner, but understandable with the way he had been pressured all night and the way the pocket collapsed on that play

It's just funny that the guy makes an article trying to blame Henne for the Fins not winning that game. You can pull up every third preseason game from this week and find instances in still frames that make people look more open than they really are . . .and then to use it as justification for a QB having a "long way to go" after posting a 144 QB rating, making audibles and changing plays at the line, looking confident behind center . . . I mean its laughable . . . but thats Armando. He wants to say "I told you so" so bad, he'll root for Henne to fail over the Fins winning games.

The bad part is, the play wasn't even open and shut to where Henne "should" have done this . . . even in a still frame I'm still more than content with him not attempting that throw and getting the ball batted or picked.

Douche is obviously writing with an agenda. "Yes, based on these stats, you would think he had a great game, but no, he did not. Here, allow me to show you these pictures detailing exactly how he could have done better on this single play during the game if you interpret them the way I do. As you can see he still isn't very good, and I was completely right to bash him relentlessly before, but he is improving(I'm only stating this because it makes me sound objective*)"

I think in the case of Chad Henne and making improvements, not turning the ball over in the redzone (either by INT/pick six or sack/fumble) and getting the 3 points after the Tampa DLine was manhandling the OLine the entire night and ragdolled the running backs on the first 2 plays can't be considered a minus. I think if you are in need of a TD in a real game in the 4th quarter and Chad Henne doesn't attempt that throw . . . then it can be viewed as a minus. It's a minus only if you turn the ball over in that situation.

That being said, Chad Henne probably could have done better there . . . especially with the way he puts his head down and gets what he can get . . . I don't like it, he does it, I have seen him get better, but he has the occassional flashback.

Armando was looking for a reason to say "Chad Henne has a loonnnnnnggggg way to go" instead of saying "What Chad could have done to have an even better performance". And even that is questionable as it is impossible to tell anything on a snapshot. I thought it was tight enough and the pocket was breaking down enough to where eating the ball there and taking the 3 points wasn't a terrible thing. They weren't wide open, the DLineman has a hand up looking to bat the ball down and the safety is already breaking on a potential attempt to Bess. I think if he were to throw before the break by Bess, it gets completed . . . but maybe that isn't something they want to do while continuing learning a new offense. The worse thing that could happen there is a pick 6, I don't think Henne needed to even attempt that sort of regression there.

Well, I think there are different degrees of minus. Not connecting on a fairly routine touchdown is not an extreme minus the way throwing a pick or fumbling would have been, but to my mind missing that read (or simply not have the willingness to pull the trigger combined with a poor sense of how much pressure he was really under on that play) does constitute a negative grade on that play.

Everyone has their own methods of grading but to me "it could have been worse" (meaning, a pick or a fumble) is no reason to say that his performance on that play wasn't substandard. I tend to be a pretty strict grader, though.

But that doesn't mean Mando isn't a douchnozzle, because he obviously is. But that also doesn't mean he's wrong every time he says something.

Back
Top Bottom