Gordon practicing as first team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gordon practicing as first team

CCMiamiDolphins said:
I heard Gordon is looking better then Brown. And I got bashed for saying that I thought Gordon would led our team in rushing yards. Memebers even accused me of being his mom lol
Thing is, will Gordon still look better then Brown when the pads come on?

Don't get me wrong, I am rooting for Gordon, but I don't think he will ever start for us. He will give us a great #2 option behind Ronnie or an OUTSTANDING #3 behind Ronnie and Ricky.

T.K.O. said:
Watch out for Gordon he might be your starter opening day. Hes better than most people think. He got a bum deal in St.Louis and then the injury last year.

Gordon has just as much of a chance starting as Henry does for the Bills.

Only way Gordon starts is if Ronnie gets injured.

If Ricky's come back doesn't pan out everyone needs to start realizing that we need Gordon to pick up roughly 1/3rd the carries between the 2. Brown's not going to be able to handle a heavy rushing load at all his first season.

Not to mention, Because ronnie browns so versatile, he could end up playing receiver on some plays much like brian westbrook does with the eagles. If that happens, we could put gordon at RB.

I'm looking for Saban to trade Gordon for a 4th round pick this year. I don't think Gordon will be happy being a third string running back.

he'll be happy he has a job and better then being a #2 somewhere in snow...

All of these threads, I feel like I am being beat in the head with a shovel. I am not even going to elaborate on this; I echo the statements of every inteligent poster in this thread.

Forgive me, it is 4:30am and I am cranky. Thank god for 24 hour Steak N' Shake:tongue:

CCMiamiDolphins said:
I heard Gordon is looking better then Brown. And I got bashed for saying that I thought Gordon would led our team in rushing yards. Memebers even accused me of being his mom lol

:lol: Hey, look it's Lamar Gordon's mom.

I remember that. That was f:rofl3:king hilarious.

Gordon was always a very talented back and was considered a steal where he was drafted. The only true knock on him the year he was drafted was he went to a small school other than that he was 1st rd. talent and then never got a true chance to excel in the NFL. He could surprise if give the opportunity.

Lazy1 said:
Gordon was always a very talented back and was considered a steal where he was drafted. The only true knock on him the year he was drafted was he went to a small school other than that he was 1st rd. talent and then never got a true chance to excel in the NFL. He could surprise if give the opportunity.

I just don't see him starting over Brown. Brown gives the offence so many options. Gordon also needs to prove he can stay healthy for an entire season. Once/if RW comes back, Gordon is likely to be the 3rd string back. Quite possibly the most talented #3 back in the league.

Everyone is locked in to Ronnie Brown because he is sooooooooooo great, and yet he hasnt done anything. I ask why do think these things?

The guy who will start is the guy who picks up the total offense and can do multiple things for what Linehan wants done. If the rook isnt there yet, he wont be starting. But its a long season and i feel like we have a lot up our sleeves and for sure they will use Ronnie for passing game bigtime.

finfan54 said:
Everyone is locked in to Ronnie Brown because he is sooooooooooo great, and yet he hasnt done anything. I ask why do think these things?

The guy who will start is the guy who picks up the total offense and can do multiple things for what Linehan wants done. If the rook isnt there yet, he wont be starting. But its a long season and i feel like we have a lot up our sleeves and for sure they will use Ronnie for passing game bigtime.

He is bigger faster stronger and has better hands than any back on our current roster, thats is why. Pads seperate the men from the boys, youll see.

FinaticPatch said:
He is bigger faster stronger and has better hands than any back on our current roster, thats is why. Pads seperate the men from the boys, youll see.

Which will mean absolutly nothing if he does not know the playbook well enough. you can have all the physical talent in the world but if you can't pick up blitzes or read defenses well enough then you will not start. Gorden has been in the league for a few years now and should have a better understanding of what is going on than what ronnie has. Nevertheless I would much rather see ronnie grasp the offense and start because he will be getting paid so much

You cant Knock Gordon too much .. I mean it wasnt like he was a back up in St. Louis to an okay RB. He was backup to Marshall Faulk. Gordon has skills and it wouldnt surprise me at all if he was starting in game one. And if not starting ... seeing a l ot of action the first 4 games especially.

Back
Top Bottom