Gordon practicing as first team | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gordon practicing as first team

We all know that Ronnie will be our starting RB but at some point you have to let Gordon, Harris, Morris, & Minor run with the first team so that you get a true showing of who's the best back up. You don't get as clear a picture having them run with the 2nd & 3rd team O vs the 2nd & 3rd team D.

T.K.O. said:
Well theres a couple of reasons I think Gordon starts the year as your starter.

1.Who knows what Ricky can do at this point , he has been out a year and lost a ton of weight. Which by the way if I was the phins coaches I would till him to stop gaining weight around 215 and take a look at him there. He might gain a ton of quickness plus it would make the transistion easier w/out the extra weight.

2.Gordon is a far better pass blocker than Brown at this point. Brown will eventually catch up but it takes some time.

3.Gordon is a better runner than most people think. Hes good between the tackles and can break it outside

Now I'm not saying that Gordon is on his way to the Pro Bowl and he is not the future RB of this team. But don't be surprised if hes your starting RB the first 3 or 4 games

1) Who cares about Ricky? This thread is about Gordon and running with the first team. Ricky won't be here to start the season.

2. Gordon is NOT a better pass blocker than Ronnie. I don't know why you would think that. One of Ronnie's specialties is blocking.

3. Yes Gordon is a better runner then most people think but that still doesn't mean he will start. Ronnie is the complete package when it comes to a RB from blocking to catching to running. He will be our starter on day 1 barring any injuries.

rafael said:
I knew about the leg strength problems coming out of college. (I assume that he has made at least some strides working with NFL trainers) What I was pointing out was that the injury prone thing was overblown. Do you know if he had more than the 1 injury? As far as I know there was only one. I know you said lower leg strength problems in your post and that was certainly accurate. I just don't think that justifies "he can't stay healthy" remarks that are echoed throughout this thread.

Only time will tell.I read another article which I could not find which referred to his condition as "Chronic".He may have been misdiagnosed.I hope so.

Has a slashing type of style of RB and could be effective as a change of pace type of RB.

Who cares who starts? Personally I don't. What I care about is who got 25 touches by the end of the game

byroan said:
1) Who cares about Ricky? This thread is about Gordon and running with the first team. Ricky won't be here to start the season.

2. Gordon is NOT a better pass blocker than Ronnie. I don't know why you would think that. One of Ronnie's specialties is blocking.

3. Yes Gordon is a better runner then most people think but that still doesn't mean he will start. Ronnie is the complete package when it comes to a RB from blocking to catching to running. He will be our starter on day 1 barring any injuries.

1. You better care about Ricky b/c he is the only RB on your team w/ any NFL credibility

2. Gordon IS a better pas blocker than Brown. Brown was a good pass blocker in College. Pass blocking in the NFL is a whole lot diffrent than in college. Auburns offense was as simple as you can get so the blocking assiments were easy. Don't count on him being a good pass blocker right off the bat. In the NFL the RB has to be able to read the defense to know were the rush is coming from, in college you just pick the first guy coming.

3.Thats a pretty ballzy statement considering he has never played an NFL down. As of right now hes the complete NFL combine package RB. Lets keep in mind untill he steps on the field and proves somthing he isn't anything and thats not saying he won't be good. Remeber Blair Thomas and Lawrence Phillips were also the complete packages coming out of college

T.K.O. said:
1. You better care about Ricky b/c he is the only RB on your team w/ any NFL credibility

2. Gordon IS a better pas blocker than Brown. Brown was a good pass blocker in College. Pass blocking in the NFL is a whole lot diffrent than in college. Auburns offense was as simple as you can get so the blocking assiments were easy. Don't count on him being a good pass blocker right off the bat. In the NFL the RB has to be able to read the defense to know were the rush is coming from, in college you just pick the first guy coming.

3.Thats a pretty ballzy statement considering he has never played an NFL down. As of right now hes the complete NFL combine package RB. Lets keep in mind untill he steps on the field and proves somthing he isn't anything and thats not saying he won't be good. Remeber Blair Thomas and Lawrence Phillips were also the complete packages coming out of college

As a Bills fan, you do not know as much about the Phins as I do. I'm not going to argue with you when you are spitting out nonsense.

byroan said:
As a Bills fan, you do not know as much about the Phins as I do. I'm not going to argue with you when you are spitting out nonsense.

Well apparentally I do know more about your favorite team than you if that is all you have to say about my points.

Just b/c I'm a Bills fan doesn't mean I only watch Bills games, I follow the whole NFL.

If my points are nonsense then tell me why. Don't just proclaim to be a Phin fan and use that as an excuse to why you know more about this subject than I do, b/c all it does is show you know nothing about football.

byroan said:

Not being a Dolphins fan has nothing to do with knowing that Ronnie Brown is STILL an unproven NFL commodity. I thought the Bills fan said it best when he put Ronnie as the best NFL Combine package RB.

Gordon Is A Very Good Rb And This Team Is Going To Play The Best Players That Being Said If Gordon Looks Better Than Ronnie All Thru Traing Camp And Preseason Gordon Will Start For Us.

enigmatics said:
Not being a Dolphins fan has nothing to do with knowing that Ronnie Brown is STILL an unproven NFL commodity. I thought the Bills fan said it best when he put Ronnie as the best NFL Combine package RB.

Ronnie Brown is a better blocker than Gordon. Gordon is not a good blocker. I don't know where he got it from.

T.K.O. said:
Well apparentally I do know more about your favorite team than you if that is all you have to say about my points.

Just b/c I'm a Bills fan doesn't mean I only watch Bills games, I follow the whole NFL.

If my points are nonsense then tell me why. Don't just proclaim to be a Phin fan and use that as an excuse to why you know more about this subject than I do, b/c all it does is show you know nothing about football.

Excuses? It's obvious that I know more about football then you. You're the one who thinks Lamar Gordon is a good blocking RB. In case you didn't know, one of his few weaknesses coming into the NFL out of college was blocking. Ronnie's on the other hand was a positive in the blocking category. In fact, scouts said he was a terrific pass blocker. He was without a doubt the best blocking RB in the draft.

That's why your points are nonsense, they are made up. Don't tell me Gordon can block in the NFL either, he hasn't played in enough games for you to come up with that assumption. Gordon also won't be our starter, you thinking that shows me how much knowledge of the Phins you really have which is none.

T.K.O. said:

As of right now, he isn't on the team.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
Gordon Is A Very Good Rb And This Team Is Going To Play The Best Players That Being Said If Gordon Looks Better Than Ronnie All Thru Traing Camp And Preseason Gordon Will Start For Us.

Kay Jay Harris Is A Very Good Running Back Also. So He Could Look Better In TC And Be Our Openning Day Starter. Whats Your PPPPoint??

byroan said:
Ronnie Brown is a better blocker than Gordon. Gordon is not a good blocker. I don't know where he got it from.

Says you. Again, there's the college game and the professional game. You cannot realistically sit there and rate Ronnie better than Lamar when Ronnie hasn't even played a down of pro ball yet. Lord knows he's going to blow plenty of assignments with all the things going thru his head has his game progresses from thinking to reacting. How much have Lamar have you seen to know whether he was a good blocker? He barely played for us last year. When he was with the Rams, they had a terrible pass blocking offense as a whole.

enigmatics said:
Says you. Again, there's the college game and the professional game. You cannot realistically sit there and rate Ronnie better than Lamar when Ronnie hasn't even played a down of pro ball yet. Lord knows he's going to blow plenty of assignments with all the things going thru his head has his game progresses from thinking to reacting. How much have Lamar have you seen to know whether he was a good blocker? He barely played for us last year. When he was with the Rams, they had a terrible pass blocking offense as a whole.

Says me? Says every scouting report and people who aren't Ronnie haters. You need to read my next post. I'm not the only one who says how great of a blocker Ronnie is. Go and read both of their draft profiles. Then come back and discuss.

Realistically, yes I can and will rate Ronnie a better blocker than Lamar Gordon. What does it matter that Lamar has been in the pros? He hasn't done jack while he's been in the NFL except spend time on the IR. He's so great that the Rams replaced him with Stephen Jackson. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom