Gordon practicing as first team | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gordon practicing as first team

enigmatics said:
Hahahahah.............. the chickensh*t way out of an argument. Have fun with that. Man are you acting childish.

enigmatics said:
In all honesty, I have to sit next to a sh*tbag fairweathered Rams fan every Sunday when I watch football..........so I see plenty of Rams games. So when the trade went down I was able to formulate a pretty good perspective on the man we were getting. I never noticed Lamar as a problem when it came to picking up blocks........I mean he's no standout, but he's serviceable. That O-line he was playing behind was GOD AWEFUL for the duration of his time there, I mean Bulger and Warner were sitting ducks.

Hey man can you have a conversation without using profanity? We may let a little bit slip by now and then because of the censor, but seriously, two times in one thread only a few posts apart?

Cut it out man.

TerryTate said:
Hey man can you have a conversation without using profanity? We may let a little bit slip by now and then because of the censor, but seriously, two times in one thread only a few posts apart?

Cut it out man.

I'll be more mindful of that. Sorry.

Hey enigmatics & byroan,

Just agree that you two disagree... It's okay... Both of you bring up good points to the table. Well all see what happens when the season starts. If we have a talanted backfield with alot of competition then that can only make us better! Go Dolphins and passionate Dolphin FANS!!!

I've watched the rams plenty enough to remember how Gordon ran. He is super fast and loves to out run the LB/DE to the sideline and turn it. Can't remember his blocking though, normally he would hang out in the backfield to give Boogular some protection.

No shame in losing the Ram's RB job to Jackson. Jackson's 5 YPC behind a Injuried OLine has replaced FaulK as the starting RB for the 2005 Rams...

--Ross

byroan said:
Ronnie Brown is a better blocker than Gordon. Gordon is not a good blocker. I don't know where he got it from.

I got it by acctually watching him play football. I don't need Scouts Inc. to make up my opinion of players for me. Try watching other games besides the phins and you might be able to formulate opinion's of players who might play for your team one day all on your own instead of relying on sombody elses opinions. If you were to watch him you would know he learned from one of the best M. Faulk (Ever heard of him? Check him out on Scouts Inc they might have some good things to say about him)

byroan said:
Excuses? It's obvious that I know more about football then you. You're the one who thinks Lamar Gordon is a good blocking RB. In case you didn't know, one of his few weaknesses coming into the NFL out of college was blocking. Ronnie's on the other hand was a positive in the blocking category. In fact, scouts said he was a terrific pass blocker. He was without a doubt the best blocking RB in the draft.

That's why your points are nonsense, they are made up. Don't tell me Gordon can block in the NFL either, he hasn't played in enough games for you to come up with that assumption. Gordon also won't be our starter, you thinking that shows me how much knowledge of the Phins you really have which is none.

-Again who cares what they did in college, Gordon has shown to be a decent back in this league already.

-I can't believe your basing Gordons pass blocking skills on a draft report written 4 years ago. He showed in the NFL that he can pass block!

-What do you mean he hasn't played in enough games? He played in 22 out of 32 regular season games w/ the Rams.

-If you read my post its not like I'm saying he will be your starter for the whole year but i wouldn't be surprised if he started the first 3 or 4 games

T.K.O. said:
I got it by acctually watching him play football. I don't need Scouts Inc. to make up my opinion of players for me. Try watching other games besides the phins and you might be able to formulate opinion's of players who might play for your team one day all on your own instead of relying on sombody elses opinions. If you were to watch him you would know he learned from one of the best M. Faulk (Ever heard of him? Check him out on Scouts Inc they might have some good things to say about him)

-Again who cares what they did in college, Gordon has shown to be a decent back in this league already.

-I can't believe your basing Gordons pass blocking skills on a draft report written 4 years ago. He showed in the NFL that he can pass block!

-What do you mean he hasn't played in enough games? He played in 22 out of 32 regular season games w/ the Rams.

-If you read my post its not like I'm saying he will be your starter for the whole year but i wouldn't be surprised if he started the first 3 or 4 games

Be careful man.......he'll just threaten to put you on "ignore" if you continue to have your own opinion .........lol

T.K.O. said:
I got it by acctually watching him play football. I don't need Scouts Inc. to make up my opinion of players for me.

Where do you guys get this stuff? Not once did I say Scouts Inc. I said SCOUTS. There's a big difference. Even though I've said I've watched him play, you come right back and say I haven't. I'm done arguing on this topic.

enigmatics said:
Be careful man.......he'll just threaten to put you on "ignore" if you continue to have your own opinion .........lol

lolol

T.K.O. said:

Yet he was replaced as the backup for the Rams. He had a 1.8ypc average with our horendous oline last year, even Minor was able to out perform that by almost 2 yards a carry.

All this talk from a good minicamp while the player was wearing shorts lol.

If he is so good, why is Stephen Jackson the starter for the Rams and not Gordon? The Rams let him go for a reason.

Gitrdone said:
Yet he was replaced as the backup for the Rams. He had a 1.8ypc average with our horendous oline last year, even Minor was able to out perform that by almost 2 yards a carry.

All this talk from a good minicamp while the player was wearing shorts lol.

If he is so good, why is Stephen Jackson the starter for the Rams and not Gordon? The Rams let him go for a reason.

Then they realized he was playing injured. :shakeno: Martz came out and admitted that his medical staff had screwed up and that the reason he drafted Jackson was b/c he didn't realize that Gordon was injured. Now Jackson is a very good back, probably better than Gordon. So, when you are loaded at a position you use that to restock other areas of need.

Byroan, if you are going to use Brown's college stats as a basis to compare him to Gordon, let me remind you that Van Pelt broke most of Marino's college records. Meant nothing in the NFL.

Justasportsfan said:
Byroan, if you are going to use Brown's college stats as a basis to compare him to Gordon, let me remind you that Van Pelt broke most of Marino's college records. Meant nothing in the NFL.

I never used stats either. We're talking about which RB is the better blocker. I didn't know stats for a RB showed that.

Those of you who say its not important whether Ronnie starts or not is clearly not looking at the big picture. Think of it this way. If Ronnie is the starter and primary ball carrier, he is a borderline #1 RB in Fantasy Football leagues that can be had in the 3rd-4th round. If hes splittting carries, hes no more than a #3 RB in most FF leagues.

:goof:

You have to keep in mind that Ronnie wasn't on the field all the time at Auburn. He was sharing the backfield with Caddilac, so we don't want to throw him out there as a workhorse back to start the season. That was one of the sweeter deals when we brought in Lamar and if he plays well and we are winning. Make Ricky sit the bench. It's not going to hurt anyone. Can you imagine a team at 9-2 before Ricky hits the field?

Back
Top Bottom