Gotta give Grier credit....his rookie class is showing out today! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gotta give Grier credit....his rookie class is showing out today!

It’s shaping up to be a pretty damn good class. If Eichenberg ends up being a good tackle in a year or two it will be a great class.
He would have been best suited to play inside this year, but due to need they had to put him outside. I think he can come around. Not sure he's athletic enough to be a LT, but I thing he could be very good inside and possibly a quality starter on the right side.

They definitely need veteran o-linemen because Grier can't draft the position. (He's also not very good at finding Free Agent linemen who can be competent starters.) Nearly every bad thing that has happened on offense this season was caused by Jackson, Davis, and Eichenberg. These three CANNOT be starting next year; I wouldn't want them on the team at all!
I would expect some growth from those guys.

The guys that develop and grow we keep.
The guys who are out performed in training camp can be left off the team.

Use FA sparingly because:
1) It's disproportionally expensive:
2) Those drafted players are more often than not nearing the end of their careers and will leave us with a big hole if we haven't developed their replacements before the old FA is released!

Last edited:
if only he had drafted someone other than jackson and igbo with those picks. could have been some great drafts. the oline is still a mess though
It looked effective enough today against the "best defense" in the league!

Don't forget the squirrel needs to replace grant if we lose a HOLLAND or Waddle on ST I will fire grier and move the team myself.

Cut parker.

He would have been best suited to play inside this year, but due to need they had to put him outside. I think he can come around. Not sure he's athletic enough to be a LT, but I thing he could be very good inside and possibly a quality starter on the right side.

If he becomes a good guard I wouldn’t be upset at all and it would still be a great class. I don’t care where he ends up we just need him to be a solid starter whether it’s inside or outside but I agree he’s probably best suited inside.

It's about time we give Grier some credit, some folks are way to harsh on him.
Some credit yes but that doesn't make up for Eichenberg, Jackson,Kindley, Blake Ferguson, Isaiah Prince,
if only he had drafted someone other than jackson and igbo with those picks. could have been some great drafts. the oline is still a mess though
like Justin Jefferson and Jonathan Taylor

I understood the Jackson pick because they needed to upgrade the OL and Jackson was viewed as a mid first round pick by most of the experts. He just hasn’t developed yet and hopefully he will if they can actually hire a quality OL coach.

It’s the Iggy pick that’s still a head scratcher to me. He looks like a mid to late round draft pick who was just drafted much too high. Plus CB was not a big need at the time, IMO. I doubt he would still be on the roster if not for the fact he was drafted in the first round.

Yet overall, Grier had done a very good job in the draft the past two years when you consider he drafted Tua, Hunt, Davis, Jones, Waddle, Holland, Phillips, and hopefully Eichenberg will develop over the next few years.

That is not a bad group of young players to build around going forward.

This rookie class plus Tua, Davis, Hunt, and Jones in 2020. Not a bad group of young players to build around IMO.
That NE is ahead of Miami's rebuild is a disappointment. But, to your post, Miami has more young talent IMO.

I don't know how there could be any doubt that Tua is good enough to build around at this point. He is coming into his own behind an offensive line that clearly needs some major upgrades, with really only Waddle and Gesicki to throw to and no running game.

That NE is ahead of Miami's rebuild is a disappointment. But, to your post, Miami has more young talent IMO.

I don't know how there could be any doubt that Tua is good enough to build around at this point. He is coming into his own behind an offensive line that clearly needs some major upgrades, with really only Waddle and Gesicki to throw to and no running game.
NE has rebuilt basically with older free agents and several of their veterans who sat out last year because of Covid returned this year.
While they have a young QB to build around and have had a solid OL for years. The Dolphins have better young players to build around for the future, IMO.

NE has rebuilt basically with older free agents and several of their veterans who sat out last year because of Covid returned this year.
While they have a young QB to build around and have had a solid OL for years. The Dolphins have better young players to build around for the future, IMO.
Agree, 100 percent. Jones is playing well, so I give him credit. But I think Tua is a little better.

The big question is whether Miami can put the talent around Tua. What he is doing without much talent is pretty impressive.

Back
Top Bottom