Gotta give Grier credit....his rookie class is showing out today! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gotta give Grier credit....his rookie class is showing out today!

it literally pains me to say this: if Flo stays, he has to keep one or both of the OCs.

I’m not seeing the same mistakes that made me nuts just 5 games ago. Has anyone seen two receivers in the same spot lately?

At some point, if they are learning and getting better, you have to let them continue to grow.

That said, I would love a veteran consultant on staff to help them grow.

I think our coaches deserve some pats on the back, too.

Im finding myself yelling praise as often as curses at our OCs. Theyre mitigating our weak tackles and our line is doing better in all facets with some hiccups. I think we're at least seeing cohesion and the fruit of that re: communication.
If the arrow continues to point as it's recently gone, nobody's getting fired and that's good.
Pat on the back for FINALLY using logical blocking schemes?

Run the game tape (its on youtube), watch the blocking schemes and compare with earlier this year.

I would expect some growth from those guys.

The guys that develop and grow we keep.
The guys who are out performed in training camp can be left off the team.

Use FA sparingly because:
1) It's disproportionally expensive:
2) Those drafted players are more often than not nearing the end of their careers and we leave us with a big hole if we haven't developed their replacements before the old FA is released!
Id rather see us use FA $$ on the positions that dont eat huge chunk of salary cap, or just spend huge on one extremely elite guy and hope he doesn't get hurt. Nothing hurts worse than expensive FAs that are out for the year with injury.
If we can get an OT who's at least graded as 'average starting OT' id feel pretty good cuz the kid we'll draft, taboot, can take over a year later or late in 2022. We need to take at least 2 OL in our first 4 picks. One tackle and a Center upgrade, probably.

it literally pains me to say this: if Flo stays, he has to keep one or both of the OCs.

I’m not seeing the same mistakes that made me nuts just 5 games ago. Has anyone seen two receivers in the same spot lately?

At some point, if they are learning and getting better, you have to let them continue to grow.

That said, I would love a veteran consultant on staff to help them grow.
I made a thread about this 2 weeks ago. Our coaches is learnin'!

Watching the Broncos: I don’t get the Herbert love - and I wanted him over Tua solely based on the hip injury.

He sure flashes. But there are throws that make me cringe.

In terms of Mac Jones, my hope is that he regresses when there is a lot of film.

Hopefully that doesn’t happen to Tua. I feel like the constant short passing game should have gotten him to regress already, so he may be past the point of film-catch-up.

Also Surtain for a pick 6 as I type this.
Herbert has a very strong but not always accurate arm. Obviously he can make some throws Tua can’t simply because of that arm strength. Yet I will take accuracy over arm strength any day of the week and their are few if any QB’s as accurate as Tua.

I believe Tua will only get better. He is learning to play at the NFL level and learning from his mistakes. Give him an OL and running game like Jones has in NE and he would already be rated one of the top 10 QB’s in the league.

I think our coaches deserve some pats on the back, too.

Im finding myself yelling praise as often as curses at our OCs. Theyre mitigating our weak tackles and our line is doing better in all facets with some hiccups. I think we're at least seeing cohesion and the fruit of that re: communication.
If the arrow continues to point as it's recently gone, nobody's getting fired and that's good.
Yes, whoever is to blame for these 2 disasters at tackle and Jackson is the problem. Is that the players themselves, position coach or Grier for bringing them here? The OCs have finally recognized that they must limit the offense to work around these guys. They seem to be doing OK given what they are working with. I would love to see what Tua can do if he had some time to do something other than throw quickly.

Spend money on the OL COACH!!!!
Most definitely. A top tier OL coach would improve this OL. Especially if they add some quality offensive linemen in the draft and in free agency.
I just don’t know if a top tier OL coach would come to the Dolphins considering the fact Flores has already hired 4 OL coaches in less than 3 years. We can only hope.

Yes I can’t stand the guy but he crushed this years draft. He also bombed last years when we had 297 picks to work with. So it’s a wash. That said, if Tua becomes the franchise QB we think he can be, then quite frankly last years class doesn’t matter.

Random - can we go one game please without Jackson committing a penalty in the RZ or on a good looking drive?

Not a big Grier guy but as critical of him as I am, I gotta say he crushed the 2021 draft!
Fair enough, I’ll give him credit for 21 draft class. But will hold him accountable for state of Oline and WR mash unit he put together.

Fair enough, I’ll give him credit for 21 draft class. But will hold him accountable for state of Oline and WR mash unit he put together.
This is fair IMO. We have some talent on this team and we should be 7-5 or 8-3 at this point in a rebuild where we have had more assets than anyone with which to work. These kids from this draft class can play. But the plan couldn’t have been to be 5-7 right now.

Back
Top Bottom