Gotta give Grier credit....his rookie class is showing out today! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gotta give Grier credit....his rookie class is showing out today!

Yes, whoever is to blame for these 2 disasters at tackle and Jackson is the problem. Is that the players themselves, position coach or Grier for bringing them here? The OCs have finally recognized that they must limit the offense to work around these guys. They seem to be doing OK given what they are working with. I would love to see what Tua can do if he had some time to do something other than throw quickly.
If Tua has time to throw I do think it’s safe to say he’d be one of those 75%-90% QBs that find the open guy and get the ball there. That he’s completing at that rate under duress is how I reached this conclusion. With time I think he’s going to be one of those QBs you hate playing against (like Montana was or Brady is) because he’s learning to take what’s there and he’s very accurate + has very good pocket awareness.

This is fair IMO. We have some talent on this team and we should be 7-5 or 8-3 at this point in a rebuild where we have had more assets than anyone with which to work. These kids from this draft class can play. But the plan couldn’t have been to be 5-7 right now.
Grier also deserves some of the blame for the crappy record. He picked Jackson, Eichenberg, didn't replace Jesse Davis, and refused to draft a big strong RB. With a decent o-line and running game they could even be 9-2 right now!

Grier is back to being a hero...

I don't have a problem with that because I thought he's done a fair job...just keep this energy when times get lean.

Grier's achilles heel is drafting offensive lineman. If we had a solid OL we could make some noise.
That's precisely why he brought in Reggie McKenzie -- who silently behind the scenes is the great disappointment.

Could have been epic if we hit a HR with OT in R1 and then some gold nuggets at G / C in R4 - R5 etc.

But we've pretty much sniffed dogs a s s!

BNF

Class of 21, Superstars!
View attachment 89040
I've been a Holland fan since way before the draft, and I was obviously ecstatic on the draft day thread when he was drafted. I believe I'd posted something along the lines of, "we just got the best defender in the draft."

I was a little hesitant about drafting Phillips, as his injury history turned me off a bit, but I expressed hopefulness.

I didn't think Waddle was a great pick where we got him, and I tried to express to others how they couldn't look at the one trade for that pick as a singular, rather than as the two picks as a whole. I'm happy with the pick, with both trades considered, though I may have done it differently.

That NE is ahead of Miami's rebuild is a disappointment. But, to your post, Miami has more young talent IMO.

I don't know how there could be any doubt that Tua is good enough to build around at this point. He is coming into his own behind an offensive line that clearly needs some major upgrades, with really only Waddle and Gesicki to throw to and no running game.
They bought the team in FA. Will be interesting how they finance that moving forward, and also I really think NE has yet to be tested.

When we have more in cap space than they did next year will be interesting to see how this team manages it.

They bought the team in FA. Will be interesting how they finance that moving forward, and also I really think NE has yet to be tested.

When we have more in cap space than they did next year will be interesting to see how this team manages it.
They did spend in FA, but they also had a lot of guys on D come back from their china virus vacations.

Grier also deserves some of the blame for the crappy record. He picked Jackson, Eichenberg, didn't replace Jesse Davis, and refused to draft a big strong RB. With a decent o-line and running game they could even be 9-2 right now!
Eich is new, he gets at least 2 years, even 3. Jackson, he's progressing but not at a rate anyone should like. Hopefully he turns the corner. Can't win em all though.

I just don’t know if a top tier OL coach would come to the Dolphins considering the fact Flores has already hired 4 OL coaches in less than 3 years. We can only hope.
While I 100% agree we need a COMPETENT OL coach. I disagree that we cant attract one... Ross has a rather large check book and Miami has good weather. Question is can we (not you an me but the powers that be) identify one...

I hate Grier but credit where credit is due on waddle , Phillips and Holland. Trading up for eich looks like his 2020 draft playbook
I remember ppl were hard on phillips, but it takes time for young players sometimes. It looks like phillips is starting to take form. He got 3 sacks I believe today

Liam is the worst LT I've ever seen and we traded a 3rd to move up for his sorry arse

I agree. I think NE got Tennessee at the right time with Henry out. Will be interesting to see how the Patriots do against Buffalo. On talent, the Bills should win both of those which would probably be better for Miami. The Dolphins have a better chance to catch NE.

I agree. I think NE got Tennessee at the right time with Henry out. Will be interesting to see how the Patriots do against Buffalo. On talent, the Bills should win both of those which would probably be better for Miami. The Dolphins have a better chance to catch NE.
Buffalo is definitely the test. But who knows, Allen can sh*t the bed any given Sunday. Mac Jones is not a good QB IMO. He checks down all game then throws for 20. It's a simple game that NE has worked out in FA to give him some weapons to do so. Their defense keeps them even keel in tough games and honestly this season of theirs reminds me of ours last year. Good enough. It's a mirage.

Back
Top Bottom