Gotta give Grier credit....his rookie class is showing out today! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gotta give Grier credit....his rookie class is showing out today!

Dolphins look like they have some good young players developing. That’s encouraging.

Also, Holland and Phillips look to be growing in leadership roles on defense too.

I respect that...don't agree with it, but I respect it.

Do you want Flores to stay?
Thanks
No i don't
My profile pick remains
Watched for 3 years...slow starts, dumb personnel choices, bad offenses, no interest in RB's, (Having Ryan Fitz lead the team in rushing is an amazing feat) zero OL improvements from higher round picks, assistant coach carousels and overrating WR depth
This is the ceiling IMO
Lose 4, win 4 flip a coin

With 6.5 sacks, Phillips only trails Parsons for most rookie sacks this year. Parsons has 9.0.

Waddle is on pace for 108 receptions and more than 1,000 yards. That would break the rookie reception mark of 101. With the caveat being a 17-game season, compared to 16.

Holland is drawing Ed Reed comparisons for good reason. Has been terrific in this defense.

Eichenberg has been up and down at LT, but I think he's a potential keeper on this unit. Maybe best at guard.

This is what I like about Dolphins fans. A few snaps in a game and he is the next AP. Let's wait a bit, maybe 3 or 4 games. What do you think?
Nah, RB is already a overvalued position. You can't have too many capable RBs because they get hit on every play and a injury prone.

It is sad that people who watch the games can't tell when one player has juice and others dont. I'd take Lindsay over every RB on the team except Gaskin after yesterday alone.

the rolling stones GIF

in my eyes a blind squirrel and Grier are on par with each other. If picking nuts is akin to picking players that damn squirrel would have starved to death before he ever made it to the ‘21 draft.

14 damn picks and we end up with a decent DT, a decent G and a QB that the jury is still out on (I really do want to see what a good line and running game could do)

That is total incompetence, though ‘21 is better we gave away another 1st and 3rounder away in that draft.
From poster Keyfin.

This "funny math" has been driving me nuts for months now.

• We had 1 pick, and traded it for 3 picks. (1 + 1 + 1 = 3)
  • Then we traded two of those picks to move back up. We gained a pick back though, so: (3 - 2 + 1 = 2)
  • So we had one pick, then three, and then we had two picks. (still 3 - 1 = 2)
  • We took Waddle for one pick. (2 - 1 = 1)
  • We still have one pick next year. (1 = 1)
To summarize the math, we started with one 1st rounder and ended with Waddle and a 1st rounder in 23'. We DID NOT pay two first round picks for Waddle. Please stop this insanity!

Herbert has a very strong but not always accurate arm. Obviously he can make some throws Tua can’t simply because of that arm strength. Yet I will take accuracy over arm strength any day of the week and their are few if any QB’s as accurate as Tua.

I believe Tua will only get better. He is learning to play at the NFL level and learning from his mistakes. Give him an OL and running game like Jones has in NE and he would already be rated one of the top 10 QB’s in the league.
he's coming.

Tua Tagovailoa ranks 8th in QBR this season, despite the Dolphins ranking last in pass block win rate.

it literally pains me to say this: if Flo stays, he has to keep one or both of the OCs.

I’m not seeing the same mistakes that made me nuts just 5 games ago. Has anyone seen two receivers in the same spot lately?

At some point, if they are learning and getting better, you have to let them continue to grow.

That said, I would love a veteran consultant on staff to help them grow.
What’s Al Saunders up to these days? That sounds like a role he’d be willing and able to take on.

Nah, RB is already a overvalued position. You can't have too many capable RBs because they get hit on every play and a injury prone.

It is sad that people who watch the games can't tell when one player has juice and others dont. I'd take Lindsay over every RB on the team except Gaskin after yesterday alone.

Agree. Gone are the days of Factor backs i.e. Emmitt Smith.

Case in point... McCaffrey, Saquon, Edwards-Helaire & E Elliott

From poster Keyfin.

This "funny math" has been driving me nuts for months now.

• We had 1 pick, and traded it for 3 picks. (1 + 1 + 1 = 3)
  • Then we traded two of those picks to move back up. We gained a pick back though, so: (3 - 2 + 1 = 2)
  • So we had one pick, then three, and then we had two picks. (still 3 - 1 = 2)
  • We took Waddle for one pick. (2 - 1 = 1)
  • We still have one pick next year. (1 = 1)
To summarize the math, we started with one 1st rounder and ended with Waddle and a 1st rounder in 23'. We DID NOT pay two first round picks for Waddle. Please stop this insanity!

Agree 147%

Agree. Gone are the days of Factor backs i.e. Emmitt Smith.

Case in point... McCaffrey, Saquon, Edwards-Helaire & E Elliott
Been racking my brain and it finally came to me. "Factor back" was a Ron Jaworski term.......lol

#Jaws

Back
Top Bottom