Grade Our Squad @ The Bye... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade Our Squad @ The Bye...

If you are comparing where they are compared to top units of top playoff caliber teams, they are not there.......yet.

For one thing, consistency is a must for any top grades. The punting/FG units have been consistently good. Grant, not so much, though he was actually pretty good against the jests.

STs. B+

The "O", on the other hand, has not been consistent. They have done well against suspect defenses. Even then they go several possessions when they can't effectively move the ball. At times, they look very methodical in execution. Other times, not so much.

Offense. C+ But arrow up

Defense has improved steadily through the first 6 games, despite some injuries, X starting out slow, and Jones being hampered, etc. I expect them to continue ascending toward being a solid, dependable, playoff caliber defense.

Defense. B

Tough crowd.

The Dolphins are on pace to score 426 points which would be the most points scored since 1986 (scored 430 points) when Marino threw for 44 TDs. 26.7ppg would be the 3rd most ppg the Dolphins have averaged in a season behind the 1984 team when Dan threw for 48 and 1986 team.

Last edited:
Special team, B+. Money Sanders, need i say more. Did not get an A because no run back TD.

Offense: C
Kept us in games.

Defense: B-
Has become more dependable than the offense in the last 3 games.

Special teams: B+
Kicker great, coverage guys good. Returner is suspect

Jakeem Grant is gone after this season

Tough crowd.

The Dolphins are on pace to score 426 points which would be the most points scored since 1986 (scored 430 points) when Marino threw for 44 TDs. 26.7ppg would be the 3rd most ppg the Dolphins have averaged in a season behind the 1984 team when Dan threw for 48 and 1986 team.

doesn't change the fact that our O has left too many points on the field. the Seahawks game was pull your hair out bad

ST: B+

Sanders is great. Haack can be a little inconsistent, but he has played well so far. I have almost zero faith in Grant as a return man.

Everything else, to me, will have to wait until after the game next week. The change from Fitz to Tua is pretty massive and I want to see how things look. We have pretty much stomped the bad teams we have played (which is good), but I want to see how we handle a wild card hopeful team.

If you are comparing where they are compared to top units of top playoff caliber teams, they are not there.......yet.

For one thing, consistency is a must for any top grades. The punting/FG units have been consistently good. Grant, not so much, though he was actually pretty good against the jests.

STs. B+

The "O", on the other hand, has not been consistent. They have done well against suspect defenses. Even then they go several possessions when they can't effectively move the ball. At times, they look very methodical in execution. Other times, not so much.

Offense. C+ But arrow up

Defense has improved steadily through the first 6 games, despite some injuries, X starting out slow, and Jones being hampered, etc. I expect them to continue ascending toward being a solid, dependable, playoff caliber defense.

Defense. B
Do agree with all your comments but would raise the "O" up to a B or B- because the of the young OL has stepped up and is playing at a higher level than most expected and certainly a up grade from last season. I'm hoping all 3 rookies continue to start when Jackson comes back so a solid young nucleus will develop and be around for many seasons to come.
As for Grant, I'm wondering if Perry or Bowden might get snaps at returner and WR so see if they can step up and upgrade those area's.

Offense - 26.6 points a game avg - best in 20 years grade B could move that up B+ or A- if we had a better record 3-3 we have scored 160 points in 6 games
Defense - 18-19 points a game - grade B could also move that up to B+ or A- but for record
Special Teams A
Coaching A

Hard not to be pleased with the team and how it has come together so fast, but your only as good as your last game and those grade's could tumble or rise sky high.

Last edited:
The hard things about doing this is the fact that we've played some good teams and some bad teams. Our offense and defense have looked much better against Jax and the jets of course. I want to see how they do against better teams. It's been better in all areas for the last two weeks but SF was depleted and trending down at the time and the jets......enough said about them.

Grade each part of our team in all three areas: the offense, the defense, and on special teams. Thanks!

View attachment 57134

Grades will depend on the base assumption. If I had picked 2-3 wins over 16 games, I'd have to give high grades. Grading against the elite teams, poor to average grades. I predicted 6-7 wins. My grades should reflect that.
O - surprised me. Stayed in every game. Scoring more than I thought. Couple of noticeable holes, but given the external problems - B. Makes me optimistic for Chan and TT
D - another good surprise. More consistent than I expected, but run D holds them back. B-
ST - very good with the exception of Grant. I hold my breath on every PR. In spite of that - A-
I'm very concerned about Miami's OL and DL against the Rams. That one game can change everyone's scores.

Back
Top Bottom